• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Injury Thread (2017 Season)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also, JJ Watt is out for the year. This sucks as he is one of my favorite players in the league. I hope this isn't his career closing out. He has had so many major injuries recently.

ive always found jj cheesy but man when he was hobbling off that field i really felt emotional especially with how important a figure he is to that city off the field

and its a shame as an objective football fan that we still wont really get to see that houston 5 man front in all its glory with Clowney, Watt and Mercilus all on form - JJ was starting to get back to it last week and Jadeveon had a slow start to the year too

i mean im glad our offence wont have to face JJ but im sad that the league is deprived of one of the most interesting and potential dominant fronts we could have seen for a while

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
ive always found jj cheesy but man when he was hobbling off that field i really felt emotional especially with how important a figure he is to that city off the field

and its a shame as an objective football fan that we still wont really get to see that houston 5 man front in all its glory with Clowney, Watt and Mercilus all on form - JJ was starting to get back to it last week and Jadeveon had a slow start to the year too

i mean im glad our offence wont have to face JJ but im sad that the league is deprived of one of the most interesting and potential dominant fronts we could have seen for a while

Yes its really tough to see him gone especially after what he's done for the city and the state of Texas for Hurricane Harvey fundraising which was phenomenal

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
definitely sad to see him leave the field like that. He was holding back the tears. Agree he was starting to come on, but he will be back. There should be more selfless players like JJ Watt in this league.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
they also still have a left tackle who's holding out which doesnt help - for different reasons to us but similar situation, texans fans must be so frustrated with what might have been...
The left tackle situation has to be frustrating for the team and the fan alike. It’s not as if he is going to be up to speed when he actually does come back to practice.

Tank

Hall of Famer
That's a real shame. Great player, wonder if he just retires. He has nothing to prove.
Yeah, you know he’s hurt badly if he’s going to the IR. He’s always been a guy that played through injury when he could.
I know a lot of people dislike him for leaving, but The Tongan Beast will always be my favorite Raven.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah, you know he’s hurt badly if he’s going to the IR. He’s always been a guy that played through injury when he could.
I know a lot of people dislike him for leaving, but The Tongan Beast will always be my favorite Raven.
yep, great player and he will be remembered for it. That being said, he was traded to Detroit for 4th and 5th round picks. He didn't leave through free agency.

Tank

Hall of Famer
yep, great player and he will be remembered for it. That being said, he was traded to Detroit for 4th and 5th round picks. He didn't leave through free agency.
True he was “traded”, but it wasn’t because the Ravens wanted to trade him. They couldn’t get a deal worked out for an extension($) so rather than just releasing him they were able to get the late round picks from Detroit. Bottom line is he isn’t a Raven now because he knew he could get more $ elsewhere than the Ravens were willing to, or could afford to pay.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
True he was “traded”, but it wasn’t because the Ravens wanted to trade him. They couldn’t get a deal worked out for an extension($) so rather than just releasing him they were able to get the late round picks from Detroit. Bottom line is he isn’t a Raven now because he knew he could get more $ elsewhere than the Ravens were willing to, or could afford to pay.

to be fair to him, we gave him that contract - its not his fault that we put a load of money into his last year and then didnt want to pay - ill never begrudge a guy getting his money