• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Injury Thread (2017 Season)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh wow, Derek Carr has transverse process fracture in his back, 2-6 weeks typical recovery process.
Is that what ultimately meant the end of career for Tony Romo?
If that's what he had, it must not be to the same degree if they are saying he will be back in 2 to 6.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I believe he missed 10 weeks on one of them. I could be wrong.

www.nfl.com/news/story/.../article/tony-romo-has-fractures-in-transverse-process
Nov 1, 2014 - A source close to Tony Romo informed NFL Media's Desmond Purnell on Saturday that the Dallas Cowboys quarterback has twofractures in his transverse process, but it is possible he could still play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals. ... NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that ...

that's from google search

I think he returned briefly after that, then got injured again and required back surgery but no idea whether it was related. He never played again, since Prescott killed it as a rookie.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh wow, Derek Carr has transverse process fracture in his back, 2-6 weeks typical recovery process.
Is that what ultimately meant the end of career for Tony Romo?

so this injury is a 2-6 week injury but both tony romo and cam newton have had it and they both only missed 1 week each - now its not good for carr longterm to have that back injury but in terms of this season it likely isnt gonna sink the raiders - the 2-6 weeks obviously depends on its severity but history suggests that the 2 week end of the spectrum is more likely

and tbh they picked the right game for him to be missing... they likely wont have to score many points to beat the ravens who also have a long history of making bad qbs/backups look like viable options no matter how good the defence

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
www.nfl.com/news/story/.../article/tony-romo-has-fractures-in-transverse-process
Nov 1, 2014 - A source close to Tony Romo informed NFL Media's Desmond Purnell on Saturday that the Dallas Cowboys quarterback has twofractures in his transverse process, but it is possible he could still play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals. ... NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that ...

that's from google search

I think he returned briefly after that, then got injured again and required back surgery but no idea whether it was related. He never played again, since Prescott killed it as a rookie.
He did play off and on in 2015

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
that's a bit harsh - nobody deserves to have their leg broken
Yea your very right that was my crazy emotions during the end of the Oak game. I just heard he would miss sometime, just now saw the video. Regardless I take my statement back to harsh. I will say though, I fully believe Vontez Burfict deservers a broken leg. I just don't appreciate what Odell does to the game. Would have been better to say I hope he gets suspended or shut out for the year.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also, JJ Watt is out for the year. This sucks as he is one of my favorite players in the league. I hope this isn't his career closing out. He has had so many major injuries recently.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Also, JJ Watt is out for the year. This sucks as he is one of my favorite players in the league. I hope this isn't his career closing out. He has had so many major injuries recently.

Texans also lost OLB Whitney Mercilous to a torn pectoral for the season.

Texans defense falling apart.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agree. He’s a class act and although no one deserves to be injured, he’s my favorite defensive player