• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

‘Wink’ is the New Defensive Coordinator

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
send him out with another ring. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that guy gets WAY WAY WAY more flak than he should. He IS going to be tough to replace.
We need to make sure we get the right guy and not worry about if he’s going to be getting a head coach job in a year or two.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Now that Pees os officially retiring, we should come up with some defensive coordinator options, we already know the media reads our boards and posts articles based on our discussions.

I doubt Pagano will come back if he is fired, atleast without taking a year off. Thoughts on Dean Martindale

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Now that Pees os officially retiring, we should come up with some defensive coordinator options, we already know the media reads our boards and posts articles based on our discussions.

I doubt Pagano will come back if he is fired, atleast without taking a year off. Thoughts on Dean Martindale
I have no idea whether Martindale is up to the task but I don't want back any coaches that have been successful during Lewis/Reed/Ngata/Suggs era.

Would like if we went young with OCs on both sides of the ball.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

I would welcome Pagano back. I liked his aggressiveness as a defensive coordinator. I think he liked it here, I could see him coming back.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I have no idea whether Martindale is up to the task but I don't want back any coaches that have been successful during Lewis/Reed/Ngata/Suggs era.

Would like if we went young with OCs on both sides of the ball.
You could be right, but martingale has done well the last couple of years also

rossihunter2

Staff Member
guys, not to pump the brakes but are we sure this is legit?
like he doesnt even mention sources or anything just this nebulous "word"...
like if i didnt know any better id think that he'd just gone prowling through the RSR forum for something to write about...

that said if Pees is retiring then i certainly dont want rex back and im not sure if id want pagano back...
if we go internal id kind of like some thoughts on maybe chris hewitt (especially after his year with leslie frazier) - because if im honest hewitt feels like the only young option - wink's a great linebackers coach but im not sure he's a coordinator

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This is Simple..... Bring Back Ray to run the defense, Ed Reed can be our secondary coach and everything will fall in place. Ok just kidding, hire the Alabama defensive coordinator. Ok enough jokes.

So basically we'll be looking for both a OC and DC next year instead of just a OC. Pagano will most likely come back unless he decides to take a year or so off. I like to see us bring in someone new(yes I know that can backfire) over familiarity. No Rex, because we know he'll want to come back and use us to rebuild his status to try to trick some team into hiring him as a HC again in a year or two.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This is Simple..... Bring Back Ray to run the defense, Ed Reed can be our secondary coach and everything will fall in place. Ok just kidding, hire the Alabama defensive coordinator. Ok enough jokes.

So basically we'll be looking for both a OC and DC next year instead of just a OC. Pagano will most likely come back unless he decides to take a year or so off. I like to see us bring in someone new(yes I know that can backfire) over familiarity. No Rex, because we know he'll want to come back and use us to rebuild his status to try to trick some team into hiring him as a HC again in a year or two.
I know youre kidding but it's too late for Bama DC. Pruitt is likely taking Tennessee HC job.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Regarding Martindale, I just have no idea how good or bad DC would he be. Had only one season as a DC and that didn't go with flying colours exactly. Dead last in the NFL

That Broncos defense of 2010 allowed 471 total points(29.4 Per Game) and a whopping 6,253 yards. Yeah he can stay as our Linebacker Coach unless someone else wants him to be their DC in the offseason.