• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

‘Wink’ is the New Defensive Coordinator

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ok, this could be really great for us or really bad. Most of us haven’t been fond of how he has been using our young players, most notably TWill and Bowser. However we have had pretty good defenses consistently over the years and I’m going to muss Pees. That being said, With the young players we have on this team, I feel we will be more than fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That Broncos defense of 2010 allowed 471 total points(29.4 Per Game) and a whopping 6,253 yards. Yeah he can stay as our Linebacker Coach unless someone else wants him to be their DC in the offseason.
Unless the new defensive coordinator wants his own lb coach, that he is more familiar with.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
guys, not to pump the brakes but are we sure this is legit?
like he doesnt even mention sources or anything just this nebulous "word"...
like if i didnt know any better id think that he'd just gone prowling through the RSR forum for something to write about...

that said if Pees is retiring then i certainly dont want rex back and im not sure if id want pagano back...
if we go internal id kind of like some thoughts on maybe chris hewitt (especially after his year with leslie frazier) - because if im honest hewitt feels like the only young option - wink's a great linebackers coach but im not sure he's a coordinator
Yeah guys, where is this information coming from. It would be nice to have a source on some of this info.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have started the fire pees thread for 3 seasons now, but I don't actually want him gone. It's a on and off thing when I see stupid shit from him, and when I see endless safety combinations and al of them fail miserably.

But man, now that he actually has a shred of talent on the back end, his coordinating has been as good as it gets, and we're gonna miss him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
WADE PHILLIPS. Him, Matt Patrica, Pagano. Wouldn't mind a young gun either, but not sure of who out there might be good.

Rex?

A few other guys I'd pursue. Ray Horton might not be a bad option either.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
guys, not to pump the brakes but are we sure this is legit?
like he doesnt even mention sources or anything just this nebulous "word"...
like if i didnt know any better id think that he'd just gone prowling through the RSR forum for something to write about...

that said if Pees is retiring then i certainly dont want rex back and im not sure if id want pagano back...
if we go internal id kind of like some thoughts on maybe chris hewitt (especially after his year with leslie frazier) - because if im honest hewitt feels like the only young option - wink's a great linebackers coach but im not sure he's a coordinator
Yeah guys, where is this information coming from. It would be nice to have a source on some of this info.

Watch this be a fake rumor that Dean made up to see how many people would miss him if he left.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
im afraid wade phillips isnt going anywhere and matt patricia isnt going anywhere unless he's bowled over by an HC job

I know, but will keep hope alive, like I am for Kubiak to come back.

Watch this be a fake rumor that Dean made up to see how many people would miss him if he left.

Everyone speaks on January Joe, but Playoff Pees gets little recognition for how the defense usually tightens up during the post season. Last memory will be the Patriots game, but look at who he was working with against one of the best qbs of all time.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know, but will keep hope alive, like I am for Kubiak to come back.

kubiak is a realistic option though - he already has a relationship with harbs and joe and only left us as OC because Elway (his boi) offered him the HC job of the only team he'd even interview for - and most importantly of all he doesnt have a job

son of bum is in a job elsewhere for a successful team and gets to coach a player he has described as 'better than everybody' among other talented players, an ascending offensive team including qb and a revolutionary young offensive mind and head coach

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why couldn’t this have been Marty!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
send him out with another ring. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that guy gets WAY WAY WAY more flak than he should. He IS going to be tough to replace.
I agree. Only thing I didn’t like was the 10 yard cushion from our DBs on 3rd and short, but other than that, I’ve always liked Pees.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I agree. Only thing I didn’t like was the 10 yard cushion from our DBs on 3rd and short, but other than that, I’ve always liked Pees.

I'm pretty sure then you've noticed changes in depth this year with a better secondary. Not sure how things will look this week considering Jimmy is out.

Figures ... just when everyone was realizing that he's not such a DC after all. Imagine, he needed talent to be successful!

Yeah - I hear you - but then you realize it is all about who he had at corner. That group, once Smith would go down, was weak. Webb struggling ... "Melvin Island" .. who else? I think we had Elam trying to go slot corner. It was a mess. Now we've got guys he can trust and he shows that when he's got the personnel, he can be creative.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Could be true, but just reading ”word has surfaced” in Lombardi’s column is hardly confirmation. If it’s true it will be a huge loss. For all of the grief he gets the fact is he is a great coach.