• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @Cleveland

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I meant you are just a little pissed off?

Ohhh! Gotcha! :lol:

Yeah! Just a little because it was Thursday! Normally after loses like that I'm livid for a few days...up to Wednesday at least. After that...I get geared up for our next opponents. In this case...the brownies.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Ohhh! Gotcha! :lol:

Yeah! Just a little because it was Thursday! Normally after loses like that I'm livid for a few days...up to Wednesday at least. After that...I get geared up for our next opponents. In this case...the brownies.
We have almost no opponent this week, so I extended my pissed off state all the way to the Colts game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don’t think any opponent can be taken for granted, especially a winless division rival playing at home. I would hope that the players aren’t looking past this game bescause at this point it carries more impact of any game they have played this season.

So nobody is scared of Gordon?
Well, I'd prefer to say "concerned" rather than "scared". Really he's the only player to be concerned with. Hopefully we learned our lesson last week with Brown. I don't care if Humph is a rook - he's our best option to put on opponents #1 WR and the safeties always have to be ready to go to his side of the field. The key is getting pressure. If we harass Kiser, it won't even matter if Gordon is open, he won't be able to get the ball to him.

The only way we lose this is if we completely stall offensively and turn the ball over on multiple occasions. I don't know how many times we will need to see the offense string together strong performances before we think they're immune to that type of day - but I know the answer isn't 2.

Based playoff scenarios - losing to the Browns will be far less damaging than losing either of those final 2. Not that I'm viewing this game as expendable (since we DO still seem to control our own destiny, despite some of the comments I've seen). Those last 2 games will likely be must wins to make it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I would prefer Chris Moore be the standout. Wallace going into year 10 next year and well into his 30s. Not good for a career one trick pony. But he was a competent WR for us. But it is time for offense to take that next step. And that means drafting a WR and going OLine heavy in the draft. Chris Moore breaking out, and signing Allen Robinson. Add all that to the arrival of a future all pro candidate running back and the offense can go from bottom5 to top3 in one offseason. Keep in mind an up and coming mauling fullback like having an extra mobile center. Need to get him at least 50 check downs to keep defenses guessing. He is gonna be an excellent compliment to a dominant OLine. And a high octane offense that can play ball control and strike with big plays to keep opponents off balance while scoring long TDs. And keep the defense revved up and fresh to own quarter4
Agree, I don’t want Wallace back. Competent WRs who disappear in games are not what we need. If we can make a splash and sign Allen Robinson and draft a wr on round 1 or 2 (round 2 may be the sweet spot this year) then I’d be cool with that. Chris Moore panning out would be a major boost as well.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Agree, I don’t want Wallace back. Competent WRs who disappear in games are not what we need. If we can make a splash and sign Allen Robinson and draft a wr on round 1 or 2 (round 2 may be the sweet spot this year) then I’d be cool with that. Chris Moore panning out would be a major boost as well.
This team needs to do what the Eagles this season. Wentz was raw and had a not-so-great rookie season. Then they went out and got weapons in Jeffery, Smith, Blount, and traded for Ajayi. Not saying we need that much new blood I kind of like what running backs we have, but definitely would not be against another one with how many one year wonders we have had at the position. But signing a bigger named wide out in free agency and using an early round pick on a receiver would juice it up a bit.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This team needs to do what the Eagles this season. Wentz was raw and had a not-so-great rookie season. Then they went out and got weapons in Jeffery, Smith, Blount, and traded for Ajayi. Not saying we need that much new blood I kind of like what running backs we have, but definitely would not be against another one with how many one year wonders we have had at the position. But signing a bigger named wide out in free agency and using an early round pick on a receiver would juice it up a bit.
Wentz also has the best receiving TE in the league. Ertz is actually his best and most used weapon.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Normally I would think this would be a tough game but after suffering an extremely tough loss we gonna come out on fire. I believe we win by over 2 scores something like 31-14.

I just don't have that type of confidence in this Ravens team man. Especially, when they play the proverbial "easy game" or "easy win" or "below .500" teams etc. They just haven't played well enough consistently beyond a mere 2 game performance to gain that from me. May be from others. But, I hope we get the "W" on Sunday.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I just don't have that type of confidence in this Ravens team man. Especially, when they play the proverbial "easy game" or "easy win" or "below .500" teams etc. They just haven't played well enough consistently beyond a mere 2 game performance to gain that from me. May be from others. But, I hope we get the "W" on Sunday.
tenor.gif