• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

Tank

Hall of Famer
You never know…..As @Michael M. suggested AV could play much better on the left side, and the young guys could step it up and play well giving us a shot at keeping up. Sure wish Boyle was back to help out. And the D has something to prove after last week’s embarrassment. Hoping for a good game despite all of the adversity.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
You never know…..As @Michael M. suggested AV could play much better on the left side, and the young guys could step it up and play well giving us a shot at keeping up. Sure wish Boyle was back to help out. And the D has something to prove after last week’s embarrassment. Hoping for a good game despite all of the adversity.

Honestly if Villanueva is competent on the left side and Stanley does come back later in the season, I’m not opposed to plugging Stanley back in at RT. He played the position at a high level in college while Zach Martin was on the left side.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
That might help, but from what the Steelers fans have been saying, it sounded like he was just as bad at LT last year as he was Monday at RT.

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Regardless of where AV plays, he is supposedly better in run than pass protection so hopefully Roman plays Williams more and gets Freeman on the field a bit...Murray did not impress.

Tank

Hall of Famer
They weren’t. He was really that bad. I watched quite a bit of film on the Steelers OL
No one seemed that pessimistic when we signed him. Oh well, maybe he will improve.

We’re going to have to score at least 30 - 35 points to win this game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
We've lost people on both sides of the ball. Couldn't block last week and while I'm not about wishing injuries on people, of all the tackles to take(looking at you AV) it had to be Stanley? We fucking lost the left side of our OL in 1 game, which double sucks because the LG was our best backup RT. Lost our "depth" who was now damn near a key rotation player on defense in Westry. Have yet to see our "#1wr" play meaningful snaps, couldn't stop the ONE person we knew they'd go to on offense, and now face probably the best offense in the AFC. I might start smoking again Sunday. This season so far can eat a whole bag of dicks.

tbf we did stop waller - had 19 targets and only got 10 catches and 105 yds - if we sent 19 targets at hollywood, i'd fully expect him to be well over 200 yds lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not a chance that could happen. No way would we be paying him 20m per. I also don't see him being as good with the Chiefs and although it's one game he allowed the most pressures of his career. He allowed 5 pressures.

and oweh spent a lot of last Monday rushing over the LT - would be great with his speed if he could put on a show against Orlando

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well obviously it won't/couldn't happen because we are paying Stanley basically the same money, and it's looking more and more like that may be another extremely unfortunate long term contract.

It was all hypothetical said to make a point. IMO we need a shift in philosophy that makes O line a priority. It's not just an old adage, games are won and lost at the LOS. I hope I'm wrong but I said it pre season, I just don't see the Ravens competing for a championship with the group we have playing O line.

and i think if Bozeman continues the way he played Monday, that you might see us pay him to stick around - the one that feels raw, the one that feels like the one who got away was Ryan Jensen - he just felt like a raven and while he was paid a ton at the time, he's probably the best C in the league right now and is now severely underpaid for the level of play he's providing

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean tbf we did see it with Sewell at RT vs LT and lots of pros and coaches have been talking about it (because it's been a notable hot button issue) that it's really undersold how difficult it is swapping sides

especially as AV seemed to struggle with his set point more than anything and he's always been known for his footwork (would have less hope if he'd just been obliterated in the running game)