• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chiefs

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean he's had a solid offseason and a good half-game, I'm not sure we can read too much into it yet. But I'm excited by the potential!

The only reason that was a half game is because they took him out and put Murray’s over the hill self in

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have no idea why they won’t just let Ty’Son do his thing. He’s continuously shown ability.
He was also making mistakes and in that particular environment he may have needed to settle down some. Seems that the flats pass that looked like a bad pass by Lamar was actually on ty’son, he had a run play where he just paused in the backfield when he needed to hit the corner and took a loss, the fumble out of bounds, and then of course he got earholed within an inch of his life and he was basically taken out after that. He got more hesitant as the game went on and it was the kind of thing that could’ve had disastrous results.

he was a different player, he started second guessing a lot and for no reason it seemed. He’s got a ton of potential and he made some great plays too, but he got more rattled as the game went on.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was also making mistakes and in that particular environment he may have needed to settle down some. Seems that the flats pass that looked like a bad pass by Lamar was actually on ty’son, he had a run play where he just paused in the backfield when he needed to hit the corner and took a loss, the fumble out of bounds, and then of course he got earholed within an inch of his life and he was basically taken out after that. He got more hesitant as the game went on and it was the kind of thing that could’ve had disastrous results.

he was a different player, he started second guessing a lot and for no reason it seemed. He’s got a ton of potential and he made some great plays too, but he got more rattled as the game went on.

Murray did much better

Simba

Staff Member

This. I know the stats look good but Williams struggled heavily and looked extra tentative and they made the right choice

Simba

Staff Member
not gonna criticise him particularly in his first game but the stats look good because he had 1 big TD run on 4th and 1

That too. Came out at a whopping 3.75 per clip if you take out that TD. Not like he was consistently at 7 ypc

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
and then of course he got earholed within an inch of his life and he was basically taken out after that. He got more hesitant as the game went on and it was the kind of thing that could’ve had disastrous results. .

Yea for real that hit was rough lol. Didn’t seem like himself after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have no idea why they won’t just let Ty’Son do his thing. He’s continuously shown ability.

Other than pass pro I have no idea dude. I’d rather go with the young guys and allow them to learn. Murray had no burst and seemed much more hesitant than TySon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Id normally agree, but a lot of the best pass rushers in the league rush from the strong side at this point anyway. Anybody on the roster at RT right now is a liability. Even if Jawuan James’s knee magically reassembles itself, there isn’t a solution for average or better play at that position.
James had an achilles injury. James is a good right tackle, but I'm not expecting him to be available until next season.

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
James had an achilles injury. James is a good right tackle, but I'm not expecting him to be available until next season.

If Ronnie gets back to at least a decent level at some point in the season and we can resign Bozeman, then with James and likely a draft tackle or two for competition/depth we should have a good OL going into next season!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Ronnie gets back to at least a decent level at some point in the season and we can resign Bozeman, then with James and likely a draft tackle or two for competition/depth we should have a good OL going into next season!
agree and I don't have issues with next season. Also hoping AV when Boyle comes back can help out. He graded out ok in the run game, but was as pathetic as he could be with pass blocking.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've recently watched a video and Schwartz claimed he's almost ready again. I mean even if he only reaches 80% of his former level thats a gamble i'd like to take and pretty much better than anything we have atm.