• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Discussion (Other Teams)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Whoever last touched it gets the ball back wherever they last touched it - like a fumble in general play. If you lose it while you were in your end zone it's a safety and if you lose it in the opposing end zone it's obviously a TD. That's how I'd do it anyway.

given that in some situations you cant advance the ball with a fumble anyway i dont know why the ball going through the endzone cant be added to the list of situations where that counts

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
given that in some situations you cant advance the ball with a fumble anyway i dont know why the ball going through the endzone cant be added to the list of situations where that counts
I agree, fumbling through the end zone being a touchback is a ridiculous rule. The opposing team should not get the ball, unless it is your own endzone. In this case it would be a safety.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree, fumbling through the end zone being a touchback is a ridiculous rule. The opposing team should not get the ball, unless it is your own endzone. In this case it would be a safety.

yeah the other team should have to earn the ball by actually gathering the fumble - it's the equivalent of throwing an incomplete pass out the back of the endzone and it being called a turnover...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If the Falcons win this, I don't see how any other NFC team gets in. Think the NFC teams would be set, just need to sort out the seeding order.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Is Sarkisian drunk again? Why switch to pass plays as soon as they are close to / inside the red zone? And doing it again and again