• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Discussion (Other Teams)

Pats

Veteran
There's receiver vs runner distinction in play here. Runner can just brake a plain with the ball and it's a TD if he wasn't down beforehand (no need to be touched). Receiver can be on the ground untouched and continue play but he must control the ball throughout the catch. James didn't, it bobbled when it touched the ground.
ahh fair enough. In the offseason they really need to change the catch rules. Give receivers more flexablity with it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Dallas had the game won but then the Dallas corner decided to maul the Raiders receiver. Incredible. Now the Raiders with a chance to tie it or win it.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
How would you change it? If it goes through the end zone, then it is a touch back. I hate the rule too, just curious to see how you would change it.
Whoever last touched it gets the ball back wherever they last touched it - like a fumble in general play. If you lose it while you were in your end zone it's a safety and if you lose it in the opposing end zone it's obviously a TD. That's how I'd do it anyway.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
25507671_1747178061995541_5360124017302127689_n.jpg

As usual I was only able to pay half-attention to this game, but I'm honestly not too sure how that was a first down if the paper went all the way through.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Whoever last touched it gets the ball back wherever they last touched it - like a fumble in general play. If you lose it while you were in your end zone it's a safety and if you lose it in the opposing end zone it's obviously a TD. That's how I'd do it anyway.
Can't award a TD if player just to throws the ball over the line

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Can't award a TD if player just to throws the ball over the line
You'd have to have been somewhere in the field of play if you threw it over the line, which would be where you'd get it back. But if you had control of the ball while in the opposing end zone it'd be a TD anyway so a non-issue.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You'd have to have been somewhere in the field of play if you threw it over the line, which would be where you'd get it back. But if you had control of the ball while in the opposing end zone it'd be a TD anyway so a non-issue.
Get it back, yep - that bit needs to change definitely.