• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Different with freeman.. if youre talking with a kc fan and he says, minus that 42 yarder from hollywood, we locked him up and held lamar under 200 yards passing…. You all would look at them crazy.
maybe Freeman isn't a good example, as I agree it was a bit exaggerated, but Hollywood's isn't a good example either. If you take out the 42 yard reception he still. has 5 catches for 71 yards and that doesn't keep Lamar under 200 yards because they still have the ball and haven't scored yet. Who's to say they don't pass more on that drive.

Kelce was locked up for most of the game and had a 47 yard touchdown with was a very good play for KC, but to say we didn't do well against him, while also doubling up Tyreek Hill is just wrong.

I do agree he still would have had 6 catches for 62 yards without the touchdown. I'm not saying we totally locked him up, but we did a very good job against him. Kelce is elite for a reason and is going to get his yards.

I just dont think the comment wink made was worth making.. now if he had said that about hill, fine but kelce did what he normally does vs teams

I reads comment as being about that it was Houstons idea to use Oweh rather than suggest it was perfectly executed. Either way the missed tackles don't make it a bad plan just poorly executed on that play.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I reads comment as being about that it was Houstons idea to use Oweh rather than suggest it was perfectly executed. Either way the missed tackles don't make it a bad plan just poorly executed on that play.
Not a bad plan but we didnt stop him at all. its not like he caught a hail mary that bounced in air and gave him 46 yrds.. he did what travis kelce normally does vs all teams.

im not gonna set my expectations super high because itll take him a while to get fully comfortable and for lamar to trust him in-game

but im excited for what he'll be down the stretch

i think they'll try and feed him a some gimme balls a little in his first couple of games but in terms of high leverage stuff and deeper shots i think that will take a little while to come

but it's telling that through 2 weeks, duvernay has only 2 targets for 1 6 yd reception despite playing a lot of snaps
How can you be so down on the man with the single greatest designed touchdown in NFL history?!

Not a bad plan but we didnt stop him at all. its not like he caught a hail mary that bounced in air and gave him 46 yrds.. he did what travis kelce normally does vs all teams.
I'm not sure anyone said stopped him, rather contained him, thats really the best you can hope for with an elite player like Kelce. If you said before the game that we keep him to 60 yards I'd take it no questions asked. That's what made the missed tackles on that play so frustrating. But it happened so you can't make the claim he was contained, make the tackle and you can.