• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer
DA to Baltimore next season confirmed

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Imagine Bateman coming back and having an Odell-esque rookie year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Imagine Bateman coming back and having an Odell-esque rookie year

im not gonna set my expectations super high because itll take him a while to get fully comfortable and for lamar to trust him in-game

but im excited for what he'll be down the stretch

i think they'll try and feed him a some gimme balls a little in his first couple of games but in terms of high leverage stuff and deeper shots i think that will take a little while to come

but it's telling that through 2 weeks, duvernay has only 2 targets for 1 6 yd reception despite playing a lot of snaps

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I dnt think we have had anyone that would be even worth resetting the market for.. andrews wasnt worth resetting the market and no way was hump getting more than ramsey..

Don't have to be the best to reset the market. Part of the pay might be the league salary cap and him being homegrown. Players seem to love the culture here minus the rare Pollard.'s The guys we've kept easily could have demanded and received more money.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I choose my adoptions very wisely. One turned out to be an MVP and soon to be Michael Jordan's avatar in the NFL. The other one still suckling on his mother's teats is already an AFC DPOW!
@rossihunter2 is right up there with you. Even if he hasn't adopted Hollywood and Madubuike, he certainly is fostering them.

I call Bateman for myself as I knew I wanted him mid college football season last year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Don't have to be the best to reset the market. Part of the pay might be the league salary cap and him being homegrown. Players seem to love the culture here minus the rare Pollard.'s The guys we've kept easily could have demanded and received more money.

the trick has been to give these guys top shelf guarantees and more money early in their deals

the idea being that if you don’t demand the aav reset the market (and therefore give us some long term cap help) that EDC and the ravens will take care of you financially

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 is right up there with you. Even if he hasn't adopted Hollywood and Madubuike, he certainly is fostering them.

I call Bateman for myself as I knew I wanted him mid college football season last year.

haha definitely fostering - it is funny how despite all the guys I really like in various draft classes that I always seem to coalesce around only 1 or 2 certain guys in each class - and that we drafted 2 of them in a row in 2019 and 2020 is even cooler

madubuike and hollywood were some of my favourite tape studies since I’ve been grading guys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean but kelce still went off.. plan was great.. a healthy jimmy wouldve made the plan look perfect though.

again he only had 100ish yds despite being an elite weapon and half of those yards came on one play where the defence forgot how to tackle...

context matters - yes we didnt stop him but outside of one play he also really didnt impact the game a ton