• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
again he only had 100ish yds despite being an elite weapon and half of those yards came on one play where the defence forgot how to tackle...

context matters - yes we didnt stop him but outside of one play he also really didnt impact the game a ton
Only 100 yards? You want him to have 200? Everything thrown his way he caught. He was open everytime he caught the ball. I dnt remember him having to make any catches in traffic. Idk maybe i look at things a little different. We did a great job with hill for sure but than plan for kelce, didnt work well enough for wink to comment on it..when you look at it, if we didnt have oweh bumping him, he couldve possibly had a much better game, so i guess it helped a ton

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only 100 yards? You want him to have 200? Everything thrown his way he caught. He was open everytime he caught the ball. I dnt remember him having to make any catches in traffic. Idk maybe i look at things a little different. We did a great job with hill for sure but than plan for kelce, didnt work well enough for wink to comment on it..when you look at it, if we didnt have oweh bumping him, he couldve possibly had a much better game, so i guess it helped a ton

Don’t know if it’s exactly possible to stop Kelce though. Kelce is way too good. Limiting him as much as possible is the only way. Other than a TD on a 55-60 yard broken play, they did great

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Can't remember who said it, but someone said Houston might take away snaps from Oweh. Now look at this. I personally felt it wouldn't be a problem and he would be a great mentor but shit like this is why I love adding these kinds of vets. Also helps when they used to play against them and have some inside knowledge.

Shout out to Ozzie still finding players for us and telling Martindale about Oweh.

Ozzie calling shots from the background. Interested to know how much input he still has in personnel.

I'd assume he's left out of wr decisions that don't involve trades.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can't remember who said it, but someone said Houston might take away snaps from Oweh. Now look at this. I personally felt it wouldn't be a problem and he would be a great mentor but shit like this is why I love adding these kinds of vets. Also helps when they used to play against them and have some inside knowledge.

haha yeah - well oweh's out-snapping all of the EDGEs on the team vet or no vet lol

it tells you a lot that houston came here for the lowest possible contract and is investing his time in these guys

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
haha yeah - well oweh's out-snapping all of the EDGEs on the team vet or no vet lol

it tells you a lot that houston came here for the lowest possible contract and is investing his time in these guys

I just think he really wants a championship and knew from people like MP that this is a great place to be and gives him that opportunity.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ozzie calling shots from the background. Interested to know how much input he still has in personnel.

I'd assume he's left out of wr decisions that don't involve trades.

i think the idea was that ozzie still loved doing all the scouting and tape watching and college evaluating but didnt love the day-to-day management so much anymore

so he's still significantly involved in the draft room for sure - he doesnt sit next to EDC (that spot's taken by joe hortiz now i think) but he has his own spot (both figuratively and literally) in the draft room

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
thing is 50 came on one catch. Don't just look at the total. We had a pretty good game plan for him.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Have to agree. I don't remember ever hearing anything negative about Houston and if we can limit his and McPhee's snaps to a certain extent their fresh legs could be just what the doctor ordered.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Don’t know if it’s exactly possible to stop Kelce though. Kelce is way too good. Limiting him as much as possible is the only way. Other than a TD on a 55-60 yard broken play, they did great
Yea but you cant take that play away from him though.. thats what kelce does. Not like it was a fluke.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
thing is 50 came on one catch. Don't just look at the total. We had a pretty good game plan for him.
Cant take that away from kelce to try and make us look good though. I dnt do that with any player. It wasnt a fluke, kelce make plays like that often. He is great at getting yac.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Cant take that away from kelce to try and make us look good though. I dnt do that with any player. It wasnt a fluke, kelce make plays like that often. He is great at getting yac.
I'm not extrapolating. Point is he had one big play and the rest of the night he was pretty well covered. Kind of like Devonte Freeman averaging 14.5 yards per carry on his 2 carries, even though he had a 31 yarder. He lost yards on the next carry.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

But that’s why we say overall they did good. We didn’t say they did good the entire game on every single play

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But that’s why we say overall they did good. We didn’t say they did good the entire game on every single play
just like we can't take that 50 yard TD away from Kelce, he can't say we didn't do a good job for most of the game limiting his yards.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we make the tackle on kelces big play, then he would’ve been very tightly contained, and this is with us dedicating extra players to blank hill.

literally the difference between us shutting out tyreek AND containing kelce is one tackle.

now the tackling was pathetic and that shits gotta be worked out, but Andy Reid tries to isolate kelce with a LB on third down and have him slip open to convert, thats one of the keys to their gameplan every week, we allowed, what, like 3 of those? Big deal. On a broken play mahomes rolled wide right and threw back across his body and somehow the entire defense missed the tackle, one tackle there and you would have zero complaints about kelces game.

and again, the attention was clearly on the deep ball, not the short chain movers from kelce.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I'm not extrapolating. Point is he had one big play and the rest of the night he was pretty well covered. Kind of like Devonte Freeman averaging 14.5 yards per carry on his 2 carries, even though he had a 31 yarder. He lost yards on the next carry.
Different with freeman.. if youre talking with a kc fan and he says, minus that 42 yarder from hollywood, we locked him up and held lamar under 200 yards passing…. You all would look at them crazy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I just dont think the comment wink made was worth making.. now if he had said that about hill, fine but kelce did what he normally does vs teams