• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Oweh, The INT and THE OMG WE DID IT!!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
he's the guy who allowed us to rush 3 or 4 and still speed the play up for mahomes - aided by some creative playcalling from wink but yeah oweh's a game-changing weapon in these kinds of games
I’d love to Land Adam Anderson in the draft. Those 2 off the edge would be special

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
the inside counter this week was awesome and something we'd been looking for since preseason and sort of last week too...

and then all of a sudden there it is

He's an extremely hard worker and you can tell Houston is one of the best things for him too. I'm sure Houston worked with him on that

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Brown and Jackson connection is much better. #5 Brown is playing like a 1st rounder right now.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I need to get used to the fact that Lamar will miss some throws he should really make, but ultimately carries the team in the end

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Man this shit crazy.. no lie i really love lamar.. might do some trash shit sometimes but i love that florida boy lol.. when he dropped that helmet on boy for no reason, i knew he was ready

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I need to get used to the fact that Lamar will miss some throws he should really make, but ultimately carries the team in the end

i think if you see the pocket hold up like it did mostly today that you'll see him make fewer mistakes - especially when you add bateman to the mix

in 2019 he wasnt making the decision to force that ball to hollywood in triple coverage

but the addition of sammy watkins has already massively helped this offence by giving lamar another option so he doesnt focus on mark andrews obsessively on 3rd downs and doesnt let the defence clamp down on his primary and 1st reads

bateman's gonna make that even more difficult for defences - will have 4 legit receiving threats in 11 personnel who are multiple in how they can be used and aligned

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ardarius washington was in on that final defensive play - i wonder if tavon young is ok... but they were comfortable with him singled up in man coverage against demarcus robinson lol

also worth noting that i think they swapped geno stone in for brandon stephens and i wonder if that was some rookie teething issues potentially...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the chiefs did us a bit of a favour with how they used Chris Jones - he's such an interior game-wrecker but by moving him to DE we were able to isolate him and while he's a dangerous pass rusher he's not the same type of pass rushing threat that would stress villanueva with speed outside in the way that ngakoue and crosby did last week

and he's the exact kind of pass rusher who absolutely could have put ben cleveland's lateral mobility and footwork to the test

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I just hope we handle it well. He’s looking like he might be CB1 on the market next year, hope we manage to make him a trade

not sure how we'd do that without tagging him and i dont see feasibly how we tag him (because we wont want to pay him the tag number and also might need the tag for bozeman)

i think the best case might be to offer him an extension mid-season and hope for a discount that way...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Underrated play: Oweh not getting totally beat on the end around to hill late in the game, he crashed but bailed quickly and when the whole defense was fooled he forced hill wide enough to give the safeties time to get over the top laterally. If hill turns an easy corner and gets vertical quick there he’s gone for six.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
@rossihunter2 on Ben Cleveland, what are your thoughts on how he did tonight?

hardly watched him at all (partly because i wasnt expecting him to be playing lol) so dont have a snap judgement i could give with any sort of confidence

will be something im very eager to see on the coaches film (cant wait to watch this week's coaches film this week - especially both trenches - especially after last week's capitulation in the trenches)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm way too pumped and excited... I know it's only September but it felt like we just won the AFC Championship Game. Lamar makes his mistakes and we can fix that. At the end of the day, Lamar single handedly puts this team on his back and puts us in the best chance to win week in, week out. The fact we were able to do what we did with the injuries... that makes this win even more special. I think once we get healthy... we get Derek Wolfe back on the defensive line, we get Jimmy Smith back, Bateman back, we are going to be on the verge of something special this season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
i think if you see the pocket hold up like it did mostly today that you'll see him make fewer mistakes - especially when you add bateman to the mix

in 2019 he wasnt making the decision to force that ball to hollywood in triple coverage

but the addition of sammy watkins has already massively helped this offence by giving lamar another option so he doesnt focus on mark andrews obsessively on 3rd downs and doesnt let the defence clamp down on his primary and 1st reads

bateman's gonna make that even more difficult for defences - will have 4 legit receiving threats in 11 personnel who are multiple in how they can be used and aligned
Excellent points. Can’t wait for Bateman

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

This is what I’ve been begging for. The pistol option and heavy pulling game is cool as a wrinkle but that as the primary run package will get exposed at times, it has weaknesses, especially when defenses get keys on your pulls and blitz them with speedy guys, it’s what the bills crushed our run game with. Diversifying it and adding more traditional schemes is CRUCIAL and using that to disguise your power and option games is where you become really hard to stop