• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Lions

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now that the terror of the first 2 weeks is over with, the Ravens can rest up the injured players and maybe have a team by the Chargers game (or in the worst case by the end of November by the first Browns game because honestly I would pick the Ravens in every single game leading up to that one).

JO_75

Hall of Famer
When your team finally plays at 1:00PM:

R4hS.gif

Simba

Staff Member
Guys we need to know the status of who left the Chiefs game:

Brandon Williams
Tavon Young
Deshon Elliott
Ben Powers (injury or rotating)

Tavon went out on that next to last play. Looked like maybe an ankle if I had to guess. He was going to gut it out but the sideline called for the sub in an obvious important situation.

Powers and Cleveland looked to be rotating. Depending who was on the field, the other guy was standing on the sideline helmet on ready to go in if needed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tavon went out on that next to last play. Looked like maybe an ankle if I had to guess. He was going to gut it out but the sideline called for the sub in an obvious important situation.

Powers and Cleveland looked to be rotating. Depending who was on the field, the other guy was standing on the sideline helmet on ready to go in if needed.

yeah I wondered why ardarius was in - cool that his first snap was such an important one lol

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah and thank god for a 1:00 game. Next one will be week 6 after.

Yea seriously. I have to get up at 4:45 every morning. Can’t handle anymore night games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m curious how Wink will approach this game. Week 1 it’s was nothing but blitz , Week 2 nothing but shell. I think we should go blitz heavy vs Goff with some shell sprinkled in

rossihunter2

Staff Member

bizarre that we're seeing so much of these types of timeshares - but it somewhat worked last year with Tyre and Fluker

and with Tyre out this isnt a bad way of giving Cleveland some snaps (especially against guys who'll be more tired and worn down than him)

Lions have some big and powerful DL but not a ton of quickness like the Raiders have

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m curious how Wink will approach this game. Week 1 it’s was nothing but blitz , Week 2 nothing but shell. I think we should go blitz heavy vs Goff with some shell sprinkled in

I imagine we'll see blitzing perhaps dialed back a bit, but I expect heavier pressure comparable to week 1 than week 2. Goff is the exact kind of QB who struggles with blitzing and pressure, and at least on paper, the Lions don't have receivers who would really threaten us like the Chiefs or even Raiders have.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I imagine we'll see blitzing perhaps dialed back a bit, but I expect heavier pressure comparable to week 1 than week 2. Goff is the exact kind of QB who struggles with blitzing and pressure, and at least on paper, the Lions don't have receivers who would really threaten us like the Chiefs or even Raiders have.

should be able to be less zone-heavy in the secondary too

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
1-1 going into Detroit.

Let's continue the momentum into next week.

But finally a 1pm Sunday game. This primetime stuff is cool but I like those early games lol.

If you call 7PM in Great Britain early lol.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hell I got you beat. I get up earlier than the Marines.

Haha I’ve been going at for 11 years now and I’m still not a morning person.