• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Lions

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine we'll see blitzing perhaps dialed back a bit, but I expect heavier pressure comparable to week 1 than week 2. Goff is the exact kind of QB who struggles with blitzing and pressure, and at least on paper, the Lions don't have receivers who would really threaten us like the Chiefs or even Raiders have.

Completely agree ,I was thinking he seems like he crumbles under the pressure. Certainly didn’t look good when we went to L.A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This Lions team sure has a lot of fight in them, we are going to have to put them away early. Can't let them hang around, I think our defense will fare a lot better against their offense compared to the Packers & 49ers.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Haha I’ve been going at for 11 years now and I’m still not a morning person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad was a Marine, we’d get up super early to do anything and everything. If I complained he would say throw some cold water on your face, you’ll be fine. lol

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah I wondered why ardarius was in - cool that his first snap was such an important one lol
That sub was pretty close to me and he didn’t even have his helmet on I believe he stood up and I saw him getting all prepared and not noticing the Tavon injury, I was like damn they believe in him.
And yea powers and Colon were stNxing together with there helmets on watching film so definitely roto. Pretty awesome they trusted Cleveland to go in there at the end huh?! Gives me a lot of faith not going to lie. Thought it would take much longer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That sub was pretty close to me and he didn’t even have his helmet on I believe he stood up and I saw him getting all prepared and not noticing the Tavon injury, I was like damn they believe in him.
And yea powers and Colon were stNxing together with there helmets on watching film so definitely roto. Pretty awesome they trusted Cleveland to go in there at the end huh?! Gives me a lot of faith not going to lie. Thought it would take much longer

yeah harbs said it was a rotation and said this week that they both played well enough that they'd be fine to continue with the rotation

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

If you need a few yards, Cleveland is your blocker. An absolute mauler

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
If they both are playing well though, why would you rotate?

One may be better at pass pro, the other better at run blocking/mauling. Perfect way of getting Cleveland actual experience without full on exposing him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If they both are playing well though, why would you rotate?

because my guess is that they dont think Cleveland's quite ready for a full load but they want to give him as many live reps as possible
- also if you think they've got weaknesses that can be exploited it stops the defenders and coordinators from keying in on those weaknesses through a whole game and mitigates those risk factors

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
because my guess is that they dont think Cleveland's quite ready for a full load but they want to give him as many live reps as possible
- also if you think they've got weaknesses that can be exploited it stops the defenders and coordinators from keying in on those weaknesses through a whole game and mitigates those risk factors

Ok that makes some sense! If Cleveland is playing similarly to Powers right out the gate as a rookie, I think that bodes well for him and the Ravens

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ok that makes some sense! If Cleveland is playing similarly to Powers right out the gate as a rookie, I think that bodes well for him and the Ravens

im finally getting to the significant cleveland snaps - happened a lot later than i thought in the game

and i see why he's not starting - he does some good things but also at times his technique (especially footwork) is falling apart

seeing a combo of the good and the bad right now - stuff to be hopeful for and stuff that needs correcting if he wants this starting job - his arm length is a massive help though as it allows him to recover somewhat even when he gets punked initially

but seeing his anchor hold up against powerful DTs, seeing him create some movement in the running game when he stays balanced (he had 1 drive in the first half and saw him leaning a lot and i wonder if that's why he didnt come back in, seeing a nice wide base when he locks in on pass sets, but his pass sets when challenged laterally are still not ideal

snap counts for powers and cleveland look close because cleveland was the LG on that 16 play drive in the 4th quarter - he only had 3 drives

so to me watching it looks like this is still Powers's job but we'll see Cleveland get a few drives

but its clearly about developing Cleveland - they're not putting him in as the 6th OL at all - he's only featuring as a rotational LG at times

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
im finally getting to the significant cleveland snaps - happened a lot later than i thought in the game

and i see why he's not starting - he does some good things but also at times his technique (especially footwork) is falling apart

seeing a combo of the good and the bad right now - stuff to be hopeful for and stuff that needs correcting if he wants this starting job - his arm length is a massive help though as it allows him to recover somewhat even when he gets punked initially

but seeing his anchor hold up against powerful DTs, seeing him create some movement in the running game when he stays balanced (he had 1 drive in the first half and saw him leaning a lot and i wonder if that's why he didnt come back in, seeing a nice wide base when he locks in on pass sets, but his pass sets when challenged laterally are still not ideal

snap counts for powers and cleveland look close because cleveland was the LG on that 16 play drive in the 4th quarter - he only had 3 drives

so to me watching it looks like this is still Powers's job but we'll see Cleveland get a few drives

but its clearly about developing Cleveland - they're not putting him in as the 6th OL at all - he's only featuring as a rotational LG at times

That's very interesting! We're generally pretty decent at developing OL so let's hope Cleveland is a coachable guy and maybe we can make him a monster down the road.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's very interesting! We're generally pretty decent at developing OL so let's hope Cleveland is a coachable guy and maybe we can make him a monster down the road.

did some really nice mauling on that 16 play drive - but wasnt always great with his technique or leverage so nnadi and reed took advantage of him on a couple of plays

spent too much time on the ground too

but when he gets leverage, my word can he move a guy off his spot

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
did some really nice mauling on that 16 play drive - but wasnt always great with his technique or leverage so nnadi and reed took advantage of him on a couple of plays

spent too much time on the ground too

but when he gets leverage, my word can he move a guy off his spot

So is he raw or in terms of his body just kinda flawed? I'd he's raw, I have high hopes for him. If he is not built correctly he might not be able to overcome his technique issues. Thoughts?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So is he raw or in terms of his body just kinda flawed? I'd he's raw, I have high hopes for him. If he is not built correctly he might not be able to overcome his technique issues. Thoughts?

im not sure - i wasnt high on him in the draft because i thought he was laterally limited and he may still be but his stance looks better already

when i saw him beat laterally on one play by reed it looked like he wasted a step getting no depth or lateral movement - if anything he took himself inside with that first step for no reason - would suggest to me that that's a technique issue rather than a mobility one but i did have concerns about him coming out in terms of his lateral mobility - but we've seen Tyre improve in that athletic area over this offseason so not impossible he improves there even if he is somewhat limited now

because what i also saw on that rep where reed beat him on the outside was the length to recover and push him past lamar who stepped up

redrum52

Hall of Famer
In the past this would be the ultimate trap but I see the team handling business and trying to get out healthy. Run run and run some more. Ravens most likely try to make this a quick game and stack another win.