• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Lions

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
im finally getting to the significant cleveland snaps - happened a lot later than i thought in the game

and i see why he's not starting - he does some good things but also at times his technique (especially footwork) is falling apart

seeing a combo of the good and the bad right now - stuff to be hopeful for and stuff that needs correcting if he wants this starting job - his arm length is a massive help though as it allows him to recover somewhat even when he gets punked initially

but seeing his anchor hold up against powerful DTs, seeing him create some movement in the running game when he stays balanced (he had 1 drive in the first half and saw him leaning a lot and i wonder if that's why he didnt come back in, seeing a nice wide base when he locks in on pass sets, but his pass sets when challenged laterally are still not ideal

snap counts for powers and cleveland look close because cleveland was the LG on that 16 play drive in the 4th quarter - he only had 3 drives

so to me watching it looks like this is still Powers's job but we'll see Cleveland get a few drives

but its clearly about developing Cleveland - they're not putting him in as the 6th OL at all - he's only featuring as a rotational LG at times
To me it boils down to stiffness, he does a lot of bouncing after the play as he comes to a stop, he just looks like his movements are really labored because his waist just doesn’t bend well. All in all though I didn’t notice him miss any blocks in particular, I think he’s a starter before the year is over simply because he’s already very close to being on par with powers and soon he should become an upgrade. He’s gonna need a specific offseason conditioning program to work on those hips and knees though if he wants to be locked in as a starter

rossihunter2

Staff Member
To me it boils down to stiffness, he does a lot of bouncing after the play as he comes to a stop, he just looks like his movements are really labored because his waist just doesn’t bend well. All in all though I didn’t notice him miss any blocks in particular, I think he’s a starter before the year is over simply because he’s already very close to being on par with powers and soon he should become an upgrade. He’s gonna need a specific offseason conditioning program to work on those hips and knees though if he wants to be locked in as a starter

yes he does bounce off contact a lot - struggles to keep his balance and sustain blocks at times

Powers played pretty well against the chiefs and had some really nice key blocks including some pulls too

But depending on how long Tyre’s out he may reclaim the starting spot if nothings changed by then

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
One of the most impactful things Ferguson will ever do as a Raven…

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the fuck is up with that fat ass Ferguson testing positive? If he had close contacts with the other members of the LB and DL group, we are fucked! We need to simply cut these morons that are still unvaccinated. We simply cannot afford to lose players due to COVID contact tracing now after suffering through so much adversity due to injuries. It is unacceptable. I see that this COVID issue emanates from Harbs who himself may not be a full proponent of vaccination. It simply sucks.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the fuck is up with that fat ass Ferguson testing positive? If he had close contacts with the other members of the LB and DL group, we are fucked! We need to simply cut these morons that are still unvaccinated. We simply cannot afford to lose players due to COVID contact tracing now after suffering through so much adversity due to injuries. It is unacceptable. I see that this COVID issue emanates from Harbs who himself may not be a full proponent of vaccination. It simply sucks.

Cutting players just because they made a PERSONAL decision to not get the vaccine seems like a harsh overreaction. I'm sure that the Ravens, as an organization, are making every effort to encourage the players to get vaccinated, if they haven't already gotten the shot, but it should still be the player's decision, at the end of the day.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, my understanding of the policy is that the only players "at risk" are a) those who are not vaccinated or b) anybody who actually tests positive.

If you have a high vaccination rate, close contact issues aren't really issues, because you don't have to quarantine if you're vaccinated and a close contact of somebody who has it.

Would also point out that its possible Ferguson is vaccinated. Tons of vaccinated people test positive for COVID.

From what Harbs said a few weeks back, they're at ~90% vaccination rate. I don't know if that includes PS players or not, but based on that ratio, you're talking maybe 5-6 players who could potentially fall into the "close contact" list. And it would just depend on whether that group is vaccinated or not.

I don't see this as really an issue at all in the interim.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Williams and Houston two guys not on the practice field today. They’ve been wearing masks so you can partially assume they’re either not vaccinated or in the process still. Hopefully it’s more vet day related than Covid related, but something to monitor.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didnt I see the McPhee wasnt at practice either? Turd better not have fucked our D Line all up.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cutting players just because they made a PERSONAL decision to not get the vaccine seems like a harsh overreaction. I'm sure that the Ravens, as an organization, are making every effort to encourage the players to get vaccinated, if they haven't already gotten the shot, but it should still be the player's decision, at the end of the day.
At the end of the day their decision puts the team in a bad position and risks issues for the team. Sorry, but no. If you're a bubble player to begin with and then go on to make "personal decisions" that hold back the team your ass should be gone. Baker was right when he said being vaccinated is a competitive advantage.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
At the end of the day their decision puts the team in a bad position and risks issues for the team. Sorry, but no. If you're a bubble player to begin with and then go on to make "personal decisions" that hold back the team your ass should be gone. Baker was right when he said being vaccinated is a competitive advantage.

It's not a huge deal now when most of the team is already vaccinated. If these bubble players are gonna cut then not being vaccinated should only be one of the reasons that they get cut and not the sole reason.