• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Lions

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
and that's without Stanley, Bateman and Boyle (albeit Boyle not that big of a passing game contributor when healthy)

Correct. Not to mention we haven't fed Andrews either who's been helping with blocking. You are correct about Boyle, he is absolutely huge on our offense even if it does not show in the stats.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Correct. Not to mention we haven't fed Andrews either who's been helping with blocking. You are correct about Boyle, he is absolutely huge on our offense even if it does not show in the stats.
I think this is where we’re seeing dividends in the new coaching additions, Andrews has been blanketed for 2 weeks yet our passing game is still looking pretty damn good and that’s with 1 week of piss poor pass pro and half the offense learning the system on the fly.

you have to think that it’s a matter of time before defenses try to adjust to the way we attack a wider area of the field with more players now and then the TE/RB middle of the field passing game really takes off.

we haven’t come close to hitting our stride yet and that’s not even considering health, that’s just gameplanning and execution. In 2019 it seemed like the more we put on film the harder we were to stop, and I get the sense that we could be seeing a similar situation this year

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

surprised no chris smith - and we're passed the deadline to do anymore moves like that before tomorrow's game

would suggest that mcphee is definitely good to go

it could also mean we see a bit of malik harrison on the edge at times situationally

Activate Le’veon you cowards!

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Simba

Staff Member
We’ll only have to have 3 guys on the inactives list tomorrow. We know two are Stanley and Wolfe. Probably Ar’Darius but the choice to go with Bynes as a call up is interesting. 5 ILBs is heavy.

Also very surprised they didn’t go with Chris Smith since he’d provide help at OLB and on the DL.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We’ll only have to have 3 guys on the inactives list tomorrow. We know two are Stanley and Wolfe. Probably Ar’Darius but the choice to go with Bynes as a call up is interesting. 5 ILBs is heavy.

Also very surprised they didn’t go with Chris Smith since he’d provide help at OLB and on the DL.

It's weird how the NFL didn't look at last year and go, hey maybe we should increase the 53 man roster moving forward. I'm not saying it helps in our situation but they just increased the practice squad rather the actual 53 man roster. I know we can promote two players to the roster on gameday for a total of 55 but like a permanent increase in rosters and just make it 55 man roster on game day period. So like, a 58-60 man roster with 55 active on Gameday or something.

It's weird how the NFL didn't look at last year and go, hey maybe we should increase the 53 man roster moving forward. I'm not saying it helps in our situation but they just increased the practice squad rather the actual 53 man roster. I know we can promote two players to the roster on gameday for a total of 55 but like a permanent increase in rosters and just make it 55 man roster on game day period. So like, a 58-60 man roster with 55 active on Gameday or something.

Hard to do when you've reduced the cap.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

If they’d done that the ravens legitimately would not be able to be under the cap lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Not in favor of this for a variety of reasons. The fun of tough roster cuts would be further reduced, and salary cap would need to increase throughout the entire league

Simba

Staff Member

Not gonna happen. They want strategy and risk in deciding what who to keep and how to construct a roster, both from the beginning and weekly as injuries mount.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not gonna happen. They want strategy and risk in deciding what who to keep and how to construct a roster, both from the beginning and weekly as injuries mount.

it also massively increases how many people they have to pay and with the current PS rules, it's the best of both worlds with the weekly PS elevations

the extra roster flexibility is what was needed

and right now the ravens havent been able to fill out a 53 man roster in any week so far let alone a 55 man roster lol

even with elevations we only needed 3 inactives today lol