• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Frustrating, The Bad and The Ugly - Lions Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Horrible, horrible game...

Bowser dropped pick 6 (or at least pick)
Tucker missed FG
Hollywood dropped 2xTD

So many missed opportunities

But Tuck made it all ok with an NFL record 66 yarder

The ugliest of ugly wins but it still counts the same.

We got out of the trappiest of trap games with an incredibly depleted roster with a miracle and a prayer

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Missing 4 front 7 players due to COVID, still missing 3 key offensive pieces, and in a trap game, I will take all the wins they can get in these "easy" games until their "real" schedule starts November 28th.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kept pace with Bengals/ Browns in the North

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Passing attack disappeared after we stopped going to Hollywood - i know he had the drops but they didnt look his way in the 2nd half and they had to get him the ball - when we get the ball to him good things happen

and that kind of no target 2nd half is the kind of situation where the 2 drops can really fester in his mind and a blip can become a dark period like the middle of last season

i hope he snaps out of it this week because he's uncoverable

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Clutch play by Lamar at the end there. No field goal would have been made if it wasn't for that clutch throw

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Passing attack disappeared after we stopped going to Hollywood - i know he had the drops but they didnt look his way in the 2nd half and they had to get him the ball - when we get the ball to him good things happen

and that kind of no target 2nd half is the kind of situation where the 2 drops can really fester in his mind and a blip can become a dark period like the middle of last season

i hope he snaps out of it this week because he's uncoverable

A real number 1 guy doesn't let that impact him.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was worried it would've been for naught with Watkins not going out of bounds. Absolutely should not be discounted. Tremendous play by Jackson.

He was clutch last week too. Sealing that W by getting that first down. Lamar is playing good football outside of a play here and there. If Soulja showed up today we would've won big and Lamar would be talked about as potential Player of the Week this week

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Can any of our defensive players cover a running back in the flat ???!?!?!!?!

we've been good dealing with that in the last couple of years but the EDGE guys were probably gassed (3 guys had to play basically the whole game), and we didnt have Madubuike (who's a guy who kills those from the backside)

and Queen also probably had his worst game since the 2020 Chiefs game at the beginning of last year

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Personally, I'm not overly focused on how we got this win. We were own worst enemy today and these games happen. The plays were there, that to me is the most important aspect of projecting moving forward. Especially with multiple front seven players shelved for this contest alone.

It meant a lot to get out of a bad game with a W. I hope we can get healthy soon and just execute better all round. I hope Hollywood's bad game doesn't eat at him, but thank God we have two superheros to bail us out these days. That win could end up meaning a lot later in the year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i never want to play in Detroit ever again lol... last 2 times Tucker's had to kick a record-setting 60+ yard FG for a low-scoring 2 point win

it's unreal that we only scored 19 points (with a miracle play) given that Lamar had 287 yards passing despite the receivers not catching anything