• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Frustrating, The Bad and The Ugly - Lions Edition

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
we've been good dealing with that in the last couple of years but the EDGE guys were probably gassed (3 guys had to play basically the whole game), and we didnt have Madubuike (who's a guy who kills those from the backside)

and Queen also probably had his worst game since the 2020 Chiefs game at the beginning of last year
Queen was horrific

marklar

Pro Bowler
I took the dogs out at the two-mintute warning and missed an epic ending.

This game otherwise felt like going back to 2016-17, when the team constantly shot itself in the foot and I just wanted to turn off some games. Hoping for better execution, fewer flags and better announcers next week

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Personally, I'm not overly focused on how we got this win. We were own worst enemy today and these games happen. The plays were there, that to me is the most important aspect of projecting moving forward. Especially with multiple front seven players shelved for this contest alone.

yeah you can bet we wont be this bad again for a while

Harbs is gonna light a fire under them all - the film sessions tomorrow are gonna be ugly

but you're right - it wasnt that we couldn't make plays - it's purely poor execution at every single critical moment

the fact that we went 1/10 on 3rd downs and the only conversion was on 3rd and 18 and then the only other chain-moving conversion was 4th and 19 at the end of the game...

offence moved the ball all day but just didn't finish

the worrying thing for me is that against the raiders and lions we've been unable to deal with momentum swings after half-time

but in terms of the way the units are working im not gonna make any grand sweeping statements about either unit - defence was missing 3 of our top 4 DL and also our best EDGE and then lost another EDGE in-game

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
To all my anime homies..
8C614FBF-70C0-4296-BC58-4A69AB7CFC7A.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It meant a lot to get out of a bad game with a W. I hope we can get healthy soon and just execute better all round. I hope Hollywood's bad game doesn't eat at him, but thank God we have two superheros to bail us out these days. That win could end up meaning a lot later in the year.

Lamar was awesome again - I do think he showed a little lack of awareness in the pocket this week - seemed to struggle with his decision-making with when to scramble and then didn't feel the pressure as well as he has done at other times in his career

and yet despite that he was picking apart the Lions defence in the passing game - and encouragingly he was throwing dimes outside and down the field as well as all the intermediate inside stuff - i think the only 3 throws he'll want back was the shot to Watkins deep right to the endzone where he just got the wrong trajectory on the ball and overthrew him by a yard, the miscommunication with Andrews about which way to break in the endzone and the pick (although tbh not sure the pick was that bad of a throw or decision - was 3rd and long and we were punting anyway so give someone a shot downfield i guess)

16/31 for 287 yards 1 TD and 1 INT looks like a very middling/mediocre game but tbh this is one of those many cases where the stats don't just not tell the whole story, they lie

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just looked at the 4th and 19 play (which they didnt show a replay of - genuinely one of the worst broadcasts ive ever watched - we had a million shots of dan campbell and john harbaugh not doing anything interesting on the sideline but basically no analysis or replay)

but Hollywood wasn't even on the field on 4th and 19 which is crazy to me - we converted but not having our best intermediate/deep threat on the field on 4th and a mile is wild

redrum52

Hall of Famer
First... we should have lost. Can't have those mistakes. 2 tds left off the board because of Hollywoods drops. Don't expect to see this kind of play next week, but thought there would be a dip after the last two games.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just looked at the 4th and 19 play (which they didnt show a replay of - genuinely one of the worst broadcasts ive ever watched - we had a million shots of dan campbell and john harbaugh not doing anything interesting on the sideline but basically no analysis or replay)

but Hollywood wasn't even on the field on 4th and 19 which is crazy to me - we converted but not having our best intermediate/deep threat on the field on 4th and a mile is wild
Would you throw to him with the game he was having ? Nope