• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Frustrating, The Bad and The Ugly - Lions Edition

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean we've not had a guy who can catch out of the backfield since ray rice so not sure why we'd have to tear up the playbook

yes JK was probably going to be a big part of this offence and part of that was as a receiver but i dont think we've had to chop up the playbook - in fact you can see that as we get further into the season G-Ro is getting more comfortable calling more varied run concepts now that the backs have had more time in the offence

and the passing game is the most dynamic it's been since i can remember

you forgot who we have on the PS. Once he get his legs under him.. it’s over for the league.
F7F4D895-760B-4B13-8CD4-A67BA4BABA98.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Once bateman comes back…. Dunvernay in the back field on passing downs
I’m not totally opposed to getting duvernay involved in the run game in general, even as a rb here and there, he is the guy we have on the roster that we can run counter bash with

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Once bateman comes back…. Dunvernay in the back field on passing downs

cool idea maybe situationally and he had a couple of those types of plays in college but as a runner flexed in from WR and not actually as a receiver

the problem is that he'll be a complete non-factor in pass-pro (probably has the will to do it based on some of his blocking - but none of the experience reading that kind of way)

would be a kind of goal-line feature for me i think where we spread the defence out with no back in empty and then flex Duv into the backfield and hand it off to him

redrum52

Hall of Famer
People are gonna beat this Ty'Son drum for awhile I see. He's shown some good things but also some bad things. He's not the savior many are making him out to be. Not sure any of the RBs are honestly but the steady hand (i.e. Murray) is going to win out over the young guy making lots of mistakes right now.

Late to respond but agree. Murray currently seems the most reliable. We most likely won't see anything special, but can' tolerate those kinds of mistakes.

Sort of hope Bell can bring something when he gets in game shape but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't be shocked if he never plays a snap.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

ridiculous... so many people who criticise Lamar don’t even watch him

What in the actual fuck. Please tell me that’s not an actual quote from Golic

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Probably is, never really struck me as a guy who can go in-depth with analysis/etc

...apparently he's still getting jobs based on his Mike and Mike days. He never did well with analysis then either. He was the snarky comment guy - sometimes funny, but mostly useless.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Video posted by TopBillin’ shows Lamar’s int on that last play he dissects. I thought Lamar was just trying to throw up a prayer to Hollywood.. but it shows it might’ve been a over route to Sammy on the cross, but Hollywood stopped his Go route, allowing the CB to pick it off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Video posted by TopBillin’ shows Lamar’s int on that last play he dissects. I thought Lamar was just trying to throw up a prayer to Hollywood.. but it shows it might’ve been a over route to Sammy on the cross, but Hollywood stopped his Go route, allowing the CB to pick it off.

yeah saw this play earlier - looks like hollywood sees lamar scrambling right and stops the go route but then just stays in place - he should have either kept running or started to work across the field i think - lamar overthrows the over route but the defender doesnt pick it off if hollywood makes a different decision on the scramble drill

really not sure why he didnt just keep running the go - at worst he clears out the defender and stretches the field to make space for other guys to run into

yeah saw this play earlier - looks like hollywood sees lamar scrambling right and stops the go route but then just stays in place - he should have either kept running or started to work across the field i think - lamar overthrows the over route but the defender doesnt pick it off if hollywood makes a different decision on the scramble drill

really not sure why he didnt just keep running the go - at worst he clears out the defender and stretches the field to make space for other guys to run into

Well we won and they can take some learnings from it. Kinda of a good thing it happened if you think about it.