• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Frustrating, The Bad and The Ugly - Lions Edition

marklar

Pro Bowler
and why put the ball in the hands of williams when we could put it in the hands of lamar or hollywood or andrews or watkins who're far more dynamic athletes and threats

I guess I'm a wierdo that I prefer running over passing everyday of the week! And no, I don' expect Williams to be an allstar player, but Freeman running sideways or Murray 3 yards up the middle is like giving up. Williams at leadt had potential to break a long one even if he's also had some shite plays. Rather have him have on-the-job training and replace him with another street FA if he keeps fumbling

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sort of hope Bell can bring something when he gets in game shape but I'm not holding my breath.

was interesting that the announcers talked about how Harbs mentioned Lev Bell in their production meeting and that he was starting to look good in practice

i do think that bell's the one if he can get into game shape who could actually add an element to this offence

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I guess I'm a wierdo that I prefer running over passing everyday of the week! And no, I don' expect Williams to be an allstar player, but Freeman running sideways or Murray 3 yards up the middle is like giving up. Williams at leadt had potential to break a long one even if he's also had some shite plays. Rather have him have on-the-job training and replace him with another street FA if he keeps fumbling

i mean i have no preference - i want us to be efficient and get value out of every play

since lamar entered the league he's been the exception to the analytical model and his runs have been as efficient with less variance as the most explosive passing offences in the league

but with all the injuries, that's not happening right now - we're never going to be a bad running game but we're not right now able to be as efficient in the running game as we were in 2019 and 2020 which suddenly means that the points added models tell us that passing is probably more efficient and a better way to score points anyway

so 100% right now i want us to pass more especially against a depleted secondary

and i hope we pass on early downs against the broncos too and use play-action to keep the broncos from being able to pin their ears back on 3rd downs

and with Williams, he does have potential and i much prefer him over Devonta Freeman who i dont think has any explosion left - but Murray right now is making the running game work a lot better than Ty'son who's missed some reads and put the ball on the ground albeit in his first game Murray missed the hole a couple of times but he's got better each week

Simba

Staff Member
i mean i have no preference - i want us to be efficient and get value out of every play

since lamar entered the league he's been the exception to the analytical model and his runs have been as efficient with less variance as the most explosive passing offences in the league

but with all the injuries, that's not happening right now - we're never going to be a bad running game but we're not right now able to be as efficient in the running game as we were in 2019 and 2020 which suddenly means that the points added models tell us that passing is probably more efficient and a better way to score points anyway

so 100% right now i want us to pass more especially against a depleted secondary

and i hope we pass on early downs against the broncos too and use play-action to keep the broncos from being able to pin their ears back on 3rd downs

and with Williams, he does have potential and i much prefer him over Devonta Freeman who i dont think has any explosion left - but Murray right now is making the running game work a lot better than Ty'son who's missed some reads and put the ball on the ground albeit in his first game Murray missed the hole a couple of times but he's got better each week

Still do not understand the decision to let Cannon go to have Freeman on the 53 getting a few snaps and 2-3 touches per game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Freeman is also not the answer

at the moment Murray's the best bet to keep the defence honest inside and let Lamar work outside - but Ty'Son doesn't help us with the inverted veer game where we reverse the reads (where Lamar was killing defences last year) and nor does Freeman
yep we lost this when JK and Gus went down, especially Dobbins and we don't really do much RPO in this scheme, even though people are loose with the term.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bruh that fool and a couple other Steelers fans on Twitter are straight up weirdo’s

theres some steeler fan accounts that comments on every ravens / Lamar related post, just to troll. It’s weird af. I just assume they’re 10yr olds. Kids those young shouldn’t need cell phones (I feel old saying this).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
theres some steeler fan accounts that comments on every ravens / Lamar related post, just to troll. It’s weird af. I just assume they’re 10yr olds. Kids those young shouldn’t need cell phones (I feel old saying this).
everyone on this board keeps me young.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I know there was the Covid part, but I am still worried. Until someone is able to play at the RB position who can catch the ball out of the backfield we are limited on what we planned this season to be. Having a playbook and having to basically tear it up or revert it after practicing a new one is a monumental task and we are seeing the difficulties in that proposition each week. I believe we will be trading for a player to do this. If we don't, we'll be praying for our HOF kicker to bail us out each week............... although, our difficulties this week revert to hands of stone, greasy fingers, and lack of focus in the WR department.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know there was the Covid part, but I am still worried. Until someone is able to play at the RB position who can catch the ball out of the backfield we are limited on what we planned this season to be. Having a playbook and having to basically tear it up or revert it after practicing a new one is a monumental task and we are seeing the difficulties in that proposition each week. I believe we will be trading for a player to do this. If we don't, we'll be praying for our HOF kicker to bail us out each week............... although, our difficulties this week revert to hands of stone, greasy fingers, and lack of focus in the WR department.

i mean we've not had a guy who can catch out of the backfield since ray rice so not sure why we'd have to tear up the playbook

yes JK was probably going to be a big part of this offence and part of that was as a receiver but i dont think we've had to chop up the playbook - in fact you can see that as we get further into the season G-Ro is getting more comfortable calling more varied run concepts now that the backs have had more time in the offence

and the passing game is the most dynamic it's been since i can remember

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I personally believe the best we're going to get at RB this year is Murray as the lead back and Ty'Son and Bell spelling him. Especially with Bell as a receiving threat. Ty'Son as the dynamic change of pace back. That should be more than enough to win with. The only one who is not the answer is Freeman.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
People are gonna beat this Ty'Son drum for awhile I see. He's shown some good things but also some bad things. He's not the savior many are making him out to be. Not sure any of the RBs are honestly but the steady hand (i.e. Murray) is going to win out over the young guy making lots of mistakes right now.
this. ty'son has shown flashes, but hes making big time mistakes and a lot of them.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
does anyone understand the Swift lateral/incomplete ruling cuz i still don't?
his hand made a forward motion, making it a pass, now the part thats fucked, is that his TARGET was well behind him, but the way our defender smacked his hand, it made the ball go forward where nobody was in the area.

frankly, that shouldve been intentional grounding if its ruled a pass, he threw it to nowhere and it went nowhere close to the line of scrimmage, even if it was by accident.