• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Passing Game, The Running Game and another OL Injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar and the passing game is explosive. And finally the deep connection with Hollywood who made an unreal grab to make up for last week's drops.

The running game, with Lamar clearly held back (playcalling-wise) because of his back, is not explosive and not getting chunks and is getting stuffed a ton. It took a cheeky non-victory formation play to sneak the 100 yard rushing day to keep the streak alive.

And not helped by the knee injury to Alejandro Villanueva - Andre Smith took a TD off the board with an inconsequential penalty and the Ravens are currently down to their 4th and 5th OTs. Really hope that it's not serious for Villanueva.

But a good win. And finally it was over before it was over.

Lamar and the passing game is explosive. And finally the deep connection with Hollywood who made an unreal grab to make up for last week's drops.

The running game, with Lamar clearly held back (playcalling-wise) because of his back, is not explosive and not getting chunks and is getting stuffed a ton. It took a cheeky non-victory formation play to sneak the 100 yard rushing day to keep the streak alive.

And not helped by the knee injury to Alejandro Villanueva - Andre Smith took a TD off the board with an inconsequential penalty and the Ravens are currently down to their 4th and 5th OTs. Really hope that it's not serious for Villanueva.

The run game isn't explosive but it's another 100 yard game against a team who sold out to stop it and with the top weapon severely limited. It's not all bad. Plus Bell renaissance incoming. Maybe.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The run game isn't explosive but it's another 100 yard game against a team who sold out to stop it and with the top weapon severely limited. It's not all bad. Plus Bell renaissance incoming. Maybe.

Bell looked like he has a little juice still as a runner but showed today the other elements of being a modern day NFL running back that the RB room has been missing without JK and Gus - good in pass pro, and we all saw the downfield block

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Always tough to win in Denver, the Ravens were excellent today. Aside from the Javonte Williams run, the defence was very sharp.

Offence got better as the game went along. Nice to see Lamar get 300 through the air, tired of seeing the lack of 300yd games as being a "negative".

Sucks to see Villaneuva go down. Hopefully he's alright

Always tough to win in Denver, the Ravens were excellent today. Aside from the Javonte Williams run, the defence was very sharp.

Offence got better as the game went along. Nice to see Lamar get 300 through the air, tired of seeing the lack of 300yd games as being a "negative".

Sucks to see Villaneuva go down. Hopefully he's alright
Villanueva's status might be the thing that defines how we feel coming out of this game. I'm no OL expert but it's obvious even to me that Smith is trash.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bell looked like he has a little juice still as a runner but showed today the other elements of being a modern day NFL running back that the RB room has been missing without JK and Gus - good in pass pro, and we all saw the downfield block
I really think Bell will be our starting back soon.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I wouldnt mind playing like this tbh. Not running lamar as much!!.. we should honestly get used to it.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
While struggling to run the ball is a little frustrating, I love how Lamar has been throwing the ball. He looks like he is back in MVP form.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What is up with Ronnie?
What is up with Tyree?
Is there anyone that can be sniped from a PS?
Is there a tanking team we can trade with?
Is there a possibility of playing Mekari at LT and Cleveland at RT?

What can we do to not play Andre Smith next week?

I'll actually lose my mind if I have to read no one is going to trade quality OL talent. I get that. I repeat I get that. I'm not trying to find a starting caliber player, I'm looking for a backup player that can even be bad but is an actual NFL player. We have all known for a long time Andre Smith is not even an NFL level talent. How can we get through this period without AV and be prepared for if anything happens in the future?

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
What is up with Ronnie?
What is up with Tyree?
Is there anyone that can be sniped from a PS?
Is there a tanking team we can trade with?
Is there a possibility of playing Mekari at LT and Cleveland at RT?

What can we do to not play Andre Smith next week?
Smith may be a worse lineman than Oneil Cousins aka “el Matador “.
I'll actually lose my mind if I have to read no one is going to trade quality OL talent. I get that. I repeat I get that. I'm not trying to find a starting caliber player, I'm looking for a backup player that can even be bad but is an actual NFL player. We have all known for a long time Andre Smith is not even an NFL level talent. How can we get through this period without AV and be prepared for if anything happens in the future?

Smith is even worse than “ El Matador ” Oneil Cousins

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Denver sold out for the run and Lamar burned their ass . With Bateman coming back soon too , I don’t believe teams will be able to win playing like this .Hollywood, Bateman and Watkins with Proche and Duvernay is a stout group imo