• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh shit

tbh I’d say give it another week, if he thinks he’s ready now, give it a week more. No need to rush him back

only thing i'd say is it looked like both he and boykin were moving really well last week and were practicing every day (i think without limitation but we dont know because they didnt have to be on the injury report)

it might be that this is referring to him being activated though rather than necessarily that he'll play

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh shit

tbh I’d say give it another week, if he thinks he’s ready now, give it a week more. No need to rush him back
I think we should work him in slowly and we absolutely can do that now that Proche and Duvernay are starting to pick up the pace.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think we should work him in slowly and we absolutely can do that now that Proche and Duvernay are starting to pick up the pace.
Really like to see those guys get involved, I think both of them are natural playmakers for different reasons, they’re incomplete receivers, but both have potential to make plays in their own way

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They’re getting him involved for sure but worth pointing out that at least 1 reception was an RPO and another was a busted coverage

love what he’s doing but it wasn’t about route-running in week 4 - more about passing concepts
Also worth pointing out that 1 reception was a great catch on a poorly placed ball, and an incompletion he had he was wide open and the ball was in the dirt a yard shy of his feet so Lamar kinda did short him a catch

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My initial thought of this game is that I feel like it's going to be similar to last season's game against them from the standpoint that we're going to earn each yard. But then again, I don't watch the Colts defense so I have no idea if they regressed, stayed the same, or got better.

Also, what's the deal with Boyle? Is he coming back this week?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
My initial thought of this game is that I feel like it's going to be similar to last season's game against them from the standpoint that we're going to earn each yard. But then again, I don't watch the Colts defense so I have no idea if they regressed, stayed the same, or got better.

not seen anything about boyle back yet but i saw him in the locker room in the post-game locker room vid the ravens put out so my guess is he's not super far off coming back to practice

but with how long he's been out even when he starts practicing i wouldnt expect him to be ready to go for a few weeks

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I expect more of the same going into next week. Continue to build on our passing game, incorporate Bell more, and get Andrews some more touches.

Start to sprinkle in Bateman if he is healthy

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
not seen anything about boyle back yet but i saw him in the locker room in the post-game locker room vid the ravens put out so my guess is he's not super far off coming back to practice

but with how long he's been out even when he starts practicing i wouldnt expect him to be ready to go for a few weeks

I kind of figure that he (and possibly Stanley) are going to be penciled in after the bye so looking at early November (though maybe late November for Stanley).

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

last year we also had a lot of guys on covid IR

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Should be a good week for the defence.

Wentz is still far from 100% playing on bad ankles. He holds the ball forever as is, could be a few sacks for the Ravens on MNF

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Should be a good week for the defence.

Wentz is still far from 100% playing on bad ankles. He holds the ball forever as is, could be a few sacks for the Ravens on MNF
I hope Houston shows out. It'd be nice to do it against his former team.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I don't think Freeman will be on the team following this next game with a bunch of guys potentially coming back. A question for me is can McCrary play well on special teams? He looked DECENT in the preseason, I had noted that I personally liked him a little more than Ty'Son. All I remember for sure though is that McCrary was very fast and relatively elusive. He could be an option for the veer stuff? I can't justify giving him a 53 man spot though if he isn't a good special teamer. If I had to make the guess he doesn't play real games unless there is more injury or COVID issues

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
I don't think Freeman will be on the team following this next game with a bunch of guys potentially coming back. A question for me is can McCrary play well on special teams? He looked DECENT in the preseason, I had noted that I personally liked him a little more than Ty'Son. All I remember for sure though is that McCrary was very fast and relatively elusive. He could be an option for the veer stuff? I can't justify giving him a 53 man spot though if he isn't a good special teamer. If I had to make the guess he doesn't play real games unless there is more injury or COVID issues

I loved McCrary in the preseason and was disappointed when he got picked up by the Broncos. I didn't see the board's film watchers sharing my enthusiasm, so I figured they must be seeing something I'm missing. To me, he looked special, albeit he was not going against starting caliber players.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I loved McCrary in the preseason and was disappointed when he got picked up by the Broncos. I didn't see the board's film watchers sharing my enthusiasm, so I figured they must be seeing something I'm missing. To me, he looked special, albeit he was not going against starting caliber players.

I hear you. I was making the point at the time that he seemed to at least have a different skill set then Gus and was potentially more of the type of back that we wanted out of Justice Hill. We have a a real speed issue at RB right now and McCrary has a lot of that. Again, we all know he has to to be good for fast to mean anything and a 53 man spot is not going to him without STs stuff.