• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My prediction: offense has a slow first half but does enough to take a 2 possession lead by halftime, defense looks great. Second half, offense catches fire but the defense INEXPLICABLY makes a ankleless Carson wentz look like a fucking world beater with the assistance of Jonathan Taylor and it becomes a shootout the whole second half but the colts never bring the game within less than 7 points, in typical ravens fashion.

38-30 with the ravens salting away the final 4 minutes keeping the game out of our defenses hands.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I don't think Freeman will be on the team following this next game with a bunch of guys potentially coming back. A question for me is can McCrary play well on special teams? He looked DECENT in the preseason, I had noted that I personally liked him a little more than Ty'Son. All I remember for sure though is that McCrary was very fast and relatively elusive. He could be an option for the veer stuff? I can't justify giving him a 53 man spot though if he isn't a good special teamer. If I had to make the guess he doesn't play real games unless there is more injury or COVID issues

i think it's a valid option for sure - and he does have a speed element that others in this rushing group dont have - i thought he was pretty limited as a runner in the 1st preseason game but much like Ty'son he improved with each week in preseason as a runner

but as you say it's about special teams

and it's not a good sign for him that he played 2 snaps of special teams the entire 3 games...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I loved McCrary in the preseason and was disappointed when he got picked up by the Broncos. I didn't see the board's film watchers sharing my enthusiasm, so I figured they must be seeing something I'm missing. To me, he looked special, albeit he was not going against starting caliber players.

hard for film watchers to get excited about a running back without the coaches film tbh - we only had access to the broadcast footage for preseason so hard to tell about reads and stuff like that

he looked quick more than anything but improved through the games as a runner but hard to say or see much more than that

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think it's a valid option for sure - and he does have a speed element that others in this rushing group dont have - i thought he was pretty limited as a runner in the 1st preseason game but much like Ty'son he improved with each week in preseason as a runner

but as you say it's about special teams

and it's not a good sign for him that he played 2 snaps of special teams the entire 3 games...

Yeah that's definitely not a good sign. I'd just really love to add some speed to the group. I think Lamar and the system have made it pretty easy to run over the last few years. This year's things have been a little bit tougher and I think the primary reason is because we aren't exactly extending drives on 3rd down via the run. A big portion seems to be a complete inability to run outside due to lack of speed. Even if McCrary is not great, but he can be effective for about 6 or so runs a game with his speed it could be interesting. Same can be said for Ty'Son.

I think it's just about getting everyone in their roles. Murray is the lead inside guy, Bell is the pass protector and catcher, McCrary or Ty'son as the speed change of pace guy.

Also so interested they didn't like Cannon so quickly. Really feel like he had at least a chance to play the role I'm describing.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that's definitely not a good sign. I'd just really love to add some speed to the group. I think Lamar and the system have made it pretty easy to run over the last few years. This year's things have been a little bit tougher and I think the primary reason is because we aren't exactly extending drives on 3rd down via the run. A big portion seems to be a complete inability to run outside due to lack of speed. Even if McCrary is not great, but he can be effective for about 6 or so runs a game with his speed it could be interesting. Same can be said for Ty'Son.

I think it's just about getting everyone in their roles. Murray is the lead inside guy, Bell is the pass protector and catcher, McCrary or Ty'son as the speed change of pace guy.

Also so interested they didn't like Cannon so quickly. Really feel like he had at least a chance to play the role I'm describing.

cannon was perfect for that role - and on top of that he's a great gunner on special teams - was a great fit there

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
My prediction: offense has a slow first half but does enough to take a 2 possession lead by halftime, defense looks great. Second half, offense catches fire but the defense INEXPLICABLY makes a ankleless Carson wentz look like a fucking world beater with the assistance of Jonathan Taylor and it becomes a shootout the whole second half but the colts never bring the game within less than 7 points, in typical ravens fashion.

38-30 with the ravens salting away the final 4 minutes keeping the game out of our defenses hands.
So KINDA like the Eagles game last season?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What has their pass rush looked like? Have actively tried avoiding Colts games so I could stay awake to watch us play. This should be another game to take advantage deep if Smith isn't in the lineup.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So KINDA like the Eagles game last season?
Sort of, but the eagles caught up by throwing prayers down the sideline and catching all of them and it was bullshit lol, I’m thinking more like our defense once again falls apart in the second half rather than their offense just lucks out over and over

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
People are beating a dead horse at this point. Everybody knows Fangio was wrong and what he said made no sense. Don't know why people keep bringing it up.
that's the media making noise and beating a dead horse as you said.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love this combo and I’m too hype to see it again

The best combo. We are going to crush the colts on National tv rocking these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank

Hall of Famer

Stop eating late at night, these dreams are bizarre. :-)

Tank

Hall of Famer
Just me I guess, but I think the black on purple looks like shiz. Like they got dressed without turning the light on.