• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Pleaseeeeee activate Rashod for this game

JO_75

Hall of Famer

oh wow - other teams starting to catch up to us in terms of key contributors missing each week

those first 3 guys are big losses

Someone on Reddit posted that 17 teams have double digit number of players on their Week 5 Injury Report, the Titans led that list with 23 players! Looking at some of these reports, you can see why teams aren't willing to trade OL, so many OL injuries early on this season.

Titans: 23
Seahawks: 18 (before Thursday game)
Bills: 17
Browns: 15
Cardinals: 16
Raiders: 15
Bears: 13
Washington: 13
Bengals: 12
Broncos: 12
Patriots: 12
Vikings: 12
Packers: 12
49ers: 11
Giants: 11
Steelers: 11
Texans: 10

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

LETS FUCKING GO! I am seriously so fucking hype that tyre is even able to return at any point this year, really hoping he’s RT material once he’s fully healthy, mekari has held up well but tyre is more naturally suited and if he just has the skill to go with it then our OL would be really solidified.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
LETS FUCKING GO! I am seriously so fucking hype that tyre is even able to return at any point this year, really hoping he’s RT material once he’s fully healthy, mekari has held up well but tyre is more naturally suited and if he just has the skill to go with it then our OL would be really solidified.

idk - mekari's looked really natural there - his technique and footwork at RT is good and efficient - he just lacks that length and range that you'd ideally hope for

and purely based on preseason tyre just looked so much better inside than outside

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
idk - mekari's looked really natural there - his technique and footwork at RT is good and efficient - he just lacks that length and range that you'd ideally hope for

and purely based on preseason tyre just looked so much better inside than outside
I haven’t seen him outside this year so it’s hard to judge, but to me there’s just something that makes me uneasy about having a guy who’s built like a pure interior guy playing at OT, I get that he’s done well but im always waiting for the other shoe to drop with that.

or maybe mekari is just gonna work out at RT and phillips is likely the best LG on this team by far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven’t seen him outside this year so it’s hard to judge, but to me there’s just something that makes me uneasy about having a guy who’s built like a pure interior guy playing at OT, I get that he’s done well but im always waiting for the other shoe to drop with that.

or maybe mekari is just gonna work out at RT and phillips is likely the best LG on this team by far.

mekari has always had the technique and footwork to play tackle - its the length and build he's missing but ive liked him every time he's played tackle

but hard to know how the ravens feel about it and they may not put Phillips in just because of how thin the tackle department is (and because god forbid we have to put andre smith in again)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
mekari has always had the technique and footwork to play tackle - its the length and build he's missing but ive liked him every time he's played tackle

but hard to know how the ravens feel about it and they may not put Phillips in just because of how thin the tackle department is (and because god forbid we have to put andre smith in again)
That’s a very good point about just keeping a pure G In at LG to preserve tyre for T depth. It’s pretty major at this point, I can’t imagine the drop off from powers and Cleveland to phillips is larger than the drop off from phillips to Andre smith

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s a very good point about just keeping a pure G In at LG to preserve tyre for T depth. It’s pretty major at this point, I can’t imagine the drop off from powers and Cleveland to phillips is larger than the drop off from phillips to Andre smith

that would be the only reason i think you wouldnt think about reinserting Tyre at guard
but they may think that he's a significant upgrade at LG given they're still rotating Powers and Cleveland every 2 drives

marklar

Pro Bowler
I hate monday games. I had a great weekend hunting with my 1-year old and planned to crown it with a Ravens win. Then I remember it is is a monday game, that I won't be able to watch anyway. Bleh.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
A chance now to take sole possession of 1st in the North. Gotta have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Need to take care of business tomorrow night, sole possession of first place and either first or second seed depending on tonight’s game

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Bills schedule is so god damn easy, fuck the AFCE
Bills fans talking shit after last night too. They’re saying they’re the best team in the conference lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer