• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Capitals

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
great last 5 periods. they must being the heat game 7.
no excuses. i dont know if i can handle another game 7 loss, esp to the deadguins

Pats

Veteran
Game 7 wow, I said it on the old board when they were down 3-1 that I could see them winning this series. It still is the caps, so they could find a way to do what they usually do again.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Boys are looking mighty tough, I just don't see how they could throw in another stinker like games 1 and 2. That said the Pens are the Pens and very well could spoil the party, but not likely.

Thinking about going to the Metallica show tomorrow night, just don't know if I can stand the heat watching game 7! lol

Pats

Veteran
Pathetic, I knew they would do this. What an awful ECF, the awful pens vs the awful to watch senators.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
God I hate Crosby more than Brady and Bell combined. That was so pathetic the way they played tonight. Last time we will ever see that core of players i'm fairly certain. It really is pathetic how we played.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Pathetic, I knew they would do this. What an awful ECF, the awful pens vs the awful to watch senators.

While I despise both the Pirates & the Steelers, for some reason (probably because I hate all things Washington & Baltimore does not have a NHL team) I took to the Pens.

Sorry everyone else is so unhappy about the outcome though.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
While I despise both the Pirates & the Steelers, for some reason (probably because I hate all things Washington & Baltimore does not have a NHL team) I took to the Pens.

Sorry everyone else is so unhappy about the outcome though.
I can't blame you for that, I'd say Baltimore is pretty split on teams hockey wise. I fell in love with Ovi's slapshot, that is my only reasoning. lol I'm also a Cavs fan (mother is from there, my grandpa coached against Lebron in high school)

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone think the team has a chance this year? The metro looks a lot tighter but Pitt isn't doing well. That is good for us. Something feels different about this team than other teams in the past. We don't rely on Ovi nearly as much, although he continues to excel on power plays. Lars Eller is playing incredible we are winning all of the close games.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone think the team has a chance this year? The metro looks a lot tighter but Pitt isn't doing well. That is good for us. Something feels different about this team than other teams in the past. We don't rely on Ovi nearly as much, although he continues to excel on power plays. Lars Eller is playing incredible we are winning all of the close games.
I certainly hope so

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
The Capitals seem to be playing a lot better lately and are actually winning the OT games. I am glad the Pens seem to be having a down year for a change.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Tell me about it. Can’t stand the Penguins
Me either, as they have ripped my heart out beating my Caps so many times in the playoffs. It always reminds me of my younger days in the 70’s when the Steelers used to knock out the Colts in the playoffs and the Pirates knocking off the Orioles in the World Series (71 and 79). Figures I had to go and marry one of the biggest Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fans......lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Me either, as they have ripped my heart out beating my Caps so many times in the playoffs. It always reminds me of my younger days in the 70’s when the Steelers used to knock out the Colts in the playoffs and the Pirates knocking off the Orioles in the World Series (71 and 79). Figures I had to go and marry one of the biggest Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins fans......lol.
Yeah well I still remember the We Are Family World Series. I was an Orioles fan back in the day and I still root for them, but my favorite are the Nats, since I live in the DC area.

You need to convert that Steeler fan, like I have converted my Pats fan wife into a Ravens fan.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yeah well I still remember the We Are Family World Series. I was an Orioles fan back in the day and I still root for them, but my favorite are the Nats, since I live in the DC area.

You need to convert that Steeler fan, like I have converted my Pats fan wife into a Ravens fan.
That would be impossible. She is from Pittsburgh and her whole family still lives there. They would disown her....lol.

Did your wife grow up in New England? Since you live in the DC area, is the Redskins your NFC team?

Every time I hear “We Are Family” it brings up bad memories. Don Stanhouse sucked during that Series!!!!!!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
That would be impossible. She is from Pittsburgh and her whole family still lives there. They would disown her....lol.

Did your wife grow up in New England? Since you live in the DC area, is the Redskins your NFC team?

Every time I hear “We Are Family” it brings up bad memories. Don Stanhouse sucked during that Series!!!!!!
Yes, my wife grew up in Massachusetts. She’s not a big football fan which is why I was able to convert her. Her side of the family and friends can’t stand if and I love it.

I don’t root for the skins. Not anymore. I used to be a season ticket holder though. I just got sick and tired how Dan Snyder treated the fan base, but the reason I stopped rooting for them was how Snyder treated my friends son. I already couldn’t stand him and his ways and always liked and respected the Ravens.

I have many friends that still root for the skins and I can understand that. My second favorite team are the Raiders, due to Kenny Stabler being my favorite player of all time.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Yes, my wife grew up in Massachusetts. She’s not a big football fan which is why I was able to convert her. Her side of the family and friends can’t stand if and I love it.

I don’t root for the skins. Not anymore. I used to be a season ticket holder though. I just got sick and tired how Dan Snyder treated the fan base, but the reason I stopped rooting for them was how Snyder treated my friends son. I already couldn’t stand him and his ways and always liked and respected the Ravens.

I have many friends that still root for the skins and I can understand that. My second favorite team are the Raiders, due to Kenny Stabler being my favorite player of all time.
I understand about owners or someone associated with the organization being a jerk and turning you off from the team. Peter Angelos turned me off of the Orioles for a while. They won me back after the late Elrod Hendricks came to visit someone close to me that was dying from cancer. He was a big Oriole fan and Elrod was wonderful with this young man. What a class act he was. I had a bad experience with Marvin Lewis but that did not turn me away from the Ravens. I came back to the Orioles when Angelos put Baltimore back on the jerseys, because I kept my word on that.

I remember Kenny Stabler and I was a big fan of his, I used to like the Raiders a lot, until Al Davis kept moving and threatening to move the team. It was too Irsay like for me.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I understand about owners or someone associated with the organization being a jerk and turning you off from the team. Peter Angelos turned me off of the Orioles for a while. They won me back after the late Elrod Hendricks came to visit someone close to me that was dying from cancer. He was a big Oriole fan and Elrod was wonderful with this young man. What a class act he was. I had a bad experience with Marvin Lewis but that did not turn me away from the Ravens. I came back to the Orioles when Angelos put Baltimore back on the jerseys, because I kept my word on that.

I remember Kenny Stabler and I was a big fan of his, I used to like the Raiders a lot, until Al Davis kept moving and threatening to move the team. It was too Irsay like for me.
Yeah, as a child I was pissed off when they traded my idol. I actual didn’t root for a team for a couple of years, but lived what the Chargers were doing. Then the Redskins hire this offensive coordinator from San Diego by the name of Joe Gibbs. That’s when I started rooting for them. I stopped prior to the 2014 season. My basement has a bunch of Ravens and Redskins merchandise.