• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Chargers

rossihunter2

Staff Member

assuming ty'son's gonna be a gameday inactive
we were always gonna have to activate smith whatever our intentions just to make sure we could have the full complement of actives on gameday or else we lose one for not having 8 OL...

im really glad Tyre's back though - even if it is just to be a swing tackle and 4 position backup - but i would not be surprised if he's back at LG either

obviously bateman's exciting but not a surprise

hopefully this is just the start of positive news over the next few weeks regarding injury returns

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
we were always gonna have to activate smith whatever our intentions just to make sure we could have the full complement of actives on gameday or else we lose one for not having 8 OL...

im really glad Tyre's back though - even if it is just to be a swing tackle and 4 position backup - but i would not be surprised if he's back at LG either

hopefully this is just the start of positive news over the next few weeks regarding injury returns
Im a little worried about Ronnie as we are not hearing much about his situation.

Simba

Staff Member
Just a note. Not that he was going to be active anyways, but when you don’t see him on the inactives tomorrow…

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

tell me about it, I wasn't expecting Phillips back yet so this is a great surprise.

Simba

Staff Member
tell me about it, I wasn't expecting Phillips back yet so this is a great surprise.

We didn’t really have a choice with Cleveland going down. Only have Ts on the PS so needed someone that can pitch in at G if needed, if he’s not starting of course

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
im not worrying about it at this point - in my head it's a hope that we get him back at some point but im not expecting it to be soon

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the IR-tag a indicator for when they think he might return? With the 3-week short term IR. If he wasn’t put on IR, they think it might be >3weeks?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the IR-tag a indicator for when they think he might return? With the 3-week short term IR. If he wasn’t put on IR, they think it might be >3weeks?

The IR means they think it is a minimum 3 week injury, not putting someone on IR would mean they probably thought it was going to be less.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad
The fans are like the 49ers fans pre-Super Bowl with us . It must be the water in California.

At least the 49ers have some championship pedigree. I've seen fans of teams with no real accomplishments act like they're the best team anywhere. It's like trying to argue with someone who says Olive Garden spaghetti paired with their house red is the ultimate Italian meal.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

all it means right now is that we dont need the spare roster spot - we're still not even at a full 53 man roster even with ferguson back so no reason to i/r him for any reason at all so his being/not being on i/r isnt really a great indicator at this point given that we could have i/r-ed him at any time in the last 5 weeks and havent

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And never mind. Ferguson likely to be inactive

Knowing Ferguson’s history, I have to wonder…. Has he needed all this time off? Or did he incoincidentally take off the maximum time allotted for covid because he’s fucking lazy?

this might be a harsh question and if he’s really been suffering then I apologize for the disrespect, but like… other players who we were genuinely worried about because of health conditions recovered in 25% of the time it took ferg to

Simba

Staff Member
Knowing Ferguson’s history, I have to wonder…. Has he needed all this time off? Or did he incoincidentally take off the maximum time allotted for covid because he’s fucking lazy?

this might be a harsh question and if he’s really been suffering then I apologize for the disrespect, but like… other players who we were genuinely worried about because of health conditions recovered in 25% of the time it took ferg to

Affects everyone differently. You don’t just get to stay on the list. He was symptomatic so he stayed on as long as he had to. Nothing official, but Zrebiec said it hit him hard and he’s going to need time to get back into football shape.

I know you don’t like Ferguson but this is a bold question that’s kind of out of left field.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Affects everyone differently. You don’t just get to stay on the list. He was symptomatic so he stayed on as long as he had to. Nothing official, but Zrebiec said it hit him hard and he’s going to need time to get back into football shape.

I know you don’t like Ferguson but this is a bold question that’s kind of out of left field.
Okay I didn’t know how it worked, and it’s not just that I don’t like Ferguson, it’s that he’s got a reputation of being lazy so I question it considering he’s been on the covid list longer than any player I can recall

Okay I didn’t know how it worked, and it’s not just that I don’t like Ferguson, it’s that he’s got a reputation of being lazy so I question it considering he’s been on the covid list longer than any player I can recall
Wait a second, you don't like Ferguson?