• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Cincinnati

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as AJ doesn't have a field day out there then I think we can pull this one out. Otherwise, we're in for a stressful day because I don't think it's guaranteed that the Bills or Titans will lose. The Bills are playing the Fins, who don't have much to play for, and the Titans play the Jags, who are already locked in as the third seed and may start to rest their guys.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I agree that the Dolphins look horrible and the Bills should win. The Titans almost beat a very good Rams team and the Jags defense did not look well against the 49ers. If the Jags go into “rest the starters” mode for the playoffs then they will be beatable since the Titans will be laying it all on the line.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I agree that the Dolphins look horrible and the Bills should win. The Titans almost beat a very good Rams team and the Jags defense did not look well against the 49ers. If the Jags go into “rest the starters” mode for the playoffs then they will be beatable since the Titans will be fighting for their playoff lives. I think we better beat those Bengals on Sunday.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I agree that the Dolphins look horrible and the Bills should win. The Titans almost beat a very good Rams team and the Jags defense did not look well against the 49ers. If the Jags go into “rest the starters” mode for the playoffs then they will be beatable since the Titans will be fighting for their playoff lives. I think we better beat those Bengals on Sunday.

That's my only concern. Best way to keep the team you don't want to face in the playoffs out? Lose on purpose and rest your starters. Though Tom Coughlin never rested his starters in Week 17 when he coached the Giants. So I imagine Coughlin will stress that with Marrone to ensure the Jags aren't resting starters on Sunday.

That's my only concern. Best way to keep the team you don't want to face in the playoffs out? Lose on purpose and rest your starters. Though Tom Coughlin never rested his starters in Week 17 when he coached the Giants. So I imagine Coughlin will stress that with Marrone to ensure the Jags aren't resting starters on Sunday.
In that scenario - who is the team the Jags would want to keep out? Are you saying they'd just as soon lose to TEN and face them, rather than push them out of the picture and play, most likely LAC or BUF?

I'm really intriguing to see how the Jags are going to approach this week 17 match. As far as them resting players or not - it feels like a toss up. It could go either way. I have not seen any reports on how they plan to approach this game. I have a feeling they are going to say all week that this is not a throwaway game and that they are going to go all out to win. Whether they actually do that or not, I'm still not 100% sold that I would trust what they say leading up to the game.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Quincy Adeboyejo has been promoted to the 53 man roster to take Hill’s spot.

Honestly the Dolphins are better than the Bengals and its @Miami so I could as well.
Vegas seems to agree Bills -2.5, Ravens -10 (which IMO is too big a number)

I'm stunned by what I'm seeing on the odds makers pages. It is like they think the Bengals are not even going to show up, which I can't believe. On the straight win, the moneyline is -430 or higher for the Ravens, basically saying we have an 80% chance to win.

That's insane. I hope they are right.

Last edited:
They prolly don’t want to go in losing 2 in a row
Perhaps not .. but in the early going, none of the sport books were willing to post a spread on this game and now they are. I'm seeing the number moving further in the direction of having TEN being the favorite - now seeing sites with them at -6.

Seems clear the expectation is that they will sit starters.

That better not bite us ... because we just really, really need to take care of our own business. But it is absolutely a tragic situation for LAC and BUF, as they are teams that need to win AND need help.