• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Home and Away Opponents Set for 2018 Season

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Schedule looks tough as hell... BUT we'll have Young and Humphrey. 2nd year guys hopefully raising their play(looking at you Bowser and Williams) and a new arsenal on offense to play with.

I think our team will look really good entering next year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Schedule looks tough as hell... BUT we'll have Young and Humphrey. 2nd year guys hopefully raising their play(looking at you Bowser and Williams) and a new arsenal on offense to play with.

I think our team will look really good entering next year.
To add to that, every team that looks good this year, won’t be good next year. Teams will rise and fall

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly I'm more afraid of the AFC South than AFC West next year and of the teams we could face I think we got least dangerous (assuming Luck returns though it is close bt them and Titans).

What's oddest is I think I would pick Ravens in all 8 home games but MAYBE 3 of the road games.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

AFC West - 2 of these teams successes all depend on how they manage the QB situation in the offseason. If Elway tries to make Kirk Cousins his next big money QB FA, do they move up and go after a QB and attempt to save Rosen from Cleveland by trading to 1 with Cleveland? Do the Chiefs still start Alex Smith or they move on to Mahomes? I expect Oakland to bounce back if they fire Del Rio, and the Chargers should be right there again.

NFC South - At least I won't have to travel far to go to a game next year. Living right outside of Charlotte, it will be an easy trip to the Panthers game. Should be very interesting, reigniting the Flacco/Ryan debate when we play Atlanta. New Orleans will be very interesting, Brees is a FA after this year so do the Saints tag him and work out a new deal in order to keep him a Saint for life? Tampa will be interesting, see what they do with the high picks they get in the draft.

Tennessee, Buffalo: Tennessee should get better next year but we'll see based on the fact we thought they would this year. The Bills will bench whoever their starter is for Nathan Peterman and our secondary eats up interceptions all day. Meaning at the end of 2018 we keep Buffalo out of the playoffs like the Chargers did. :D

Your schedule isn't that tough cause were not on it hahaha only joking my friends. Is it possible though you could have us on the schedule in February of 2019 though lol?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Your schedule isn't that tough cause were not on it hahaha only joking my friends. Is it possible though you could have us on the schedule in February of 2019 though lol?
Yep, since the Packers aren’t on the schedule, we have a great opportunity to go 16-0.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The AFC South will be tough, but at least we play the Saints at home. If we actually draft/sign some better offensive players this year then I think we'll be okay.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Obviously the NFC East would be ideal division to face (the Giants will still be down, Skins,probably below average and the Cowboys are a walking pile of mediocrity), but I still think I would rather have South then North or West.

Honestly that's very similar to how I feel about AFCWest as well. Rather it be east for the free wins but the AFC South is looking dangerous next year so I'm glad we dodged that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Obviously the NFC East would be ideal division to face (the Giants will still be down, Skins,probably below average and the Cowboys are a walking pile of mediocrity), but I still think I would rather have South then North or West.

Honestly that's very similar to how I feel about AFCWest as well. Rather it be east for the free wins but the AFC South is looking dangerous next year so I'm glad we dodged that.

NFC south looks like the ultimate worst division to play against - quite clearly the best division in football this year overall and probably will be damn good next year because it has the best qb play in any division: brees, ryan, newton and winston is pretty imposing (albeit the west will be up next year with goff, wilson, garropolo)

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
NFC south looks like the ultimate worst division to play against - quite clearly the best division in football this year overall and probably will be damn good next year because it has the best qb play in any division: brees, ryan, newton and winston is pretty imposing (albeit the west will be up next year with goff, wilson, garropolo)
Seriously. This schedule terrifies me tbh. Ozzie’s unwillingness to help out the offense in the most recent offseason worries me. If he doesn’t address the offense this offseason he needs to be fired. I could see us beating denver, Cleveland(even with a rookie), Tampa Bay, Cinci(once) but honestly that’s it.

That said. We could pull out some wins against the other teams with the defense. If players continue to develop and we get our injured players back then we should be able to limit a few of those teams.

Especially with this schedule our needs still are

LG
WR
TE
CB
MLB.

That’s actually doable in an offseason

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Seriously. This schedule terrifies me tbh. Ozzie’s unwillingness to help out the offense in the most recent offseason worries me. If he doesn’t address the offense this offseason he needs to be fired. I could see us beating denver, Cleveland(even with a rookie), Tampa Bay, Cinci(once) but honestly that’s it.

That said. We could pull out some wins against the other teams with the defense. If players continue to develop and we get our injured players back then we should be able to limit a few of those teams.

Especially with this schedule our needs still are

LG
WR
TE
CB
MLB.

That’s actually doable in an offseason
Come on now, we signed two receivers, both named Jeremy.