• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Home and Away Opponents Set for 2018 Season

The Greek

Veteran
chiefs are starting mahomes next season so im not too worried about them unless he is pulling a deshaun watson. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
kerley wouldnt be much else either - he's similar to camp but has been in the offence less and camp has shown his route running class the last couple of weeks
I know, it’s why I quoted championship when someone posted we had him in for a workout.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
NFC south looks like the ultimate worst division to play against - quite clearly the best division in football this year overall and probably will be damn good next year because it has the best qb play in any division: brees, ryan, newton and winston is pretty imposing (albeit the west will be up next year with goff, wilson, garropolo)

Clearly this year but I am unsure how they continue on to next year. The entire NFC is stacked (except for the East) so I am not sure there is a good division to draw of the other 3. The north has 2 VERY good teams and a pretty good Lions team, the Bears will be better but not great so there is that. The West is going to be insane now with Jimmy G. The Rams are a SB contender and I am not sure if the 49ers might not be joining them soon and Seattle while down is still a hard out every year. The worst team in that division is probably Cards and they are probably a 6-7 win team at worst.

Meanwhile in the South I honestly expect most of the teams in that division to be worse than last year or the same except maybe Atlanta. I dont think TB will be any better, NO will be the same or slightly worse, Carolina has been so inconsistent that its hard to tell so just assume they keep doing the same or get a little worse, and ATL underachieved this year but will likely be a powerhouse next year but not with the same ferocity or dominance that they showed when they made the SB.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
chiefs are starting mahomes next season so im not too worried about them unless he is pulling a deshaun watson. lol
With how terrible the defense has been as of late I think I would take Mahomes over Alex Smith. I think Alex could game manage and could drive the ball for long drives. Whereas I think you could force a turnover or two with a rookie at the helm. But knowing the Chiefs even if Mahomes goes off, they will start their veteran. Andy Reid seems very adamant about starting Smith and Mahomes as being their future.

The Greek

Veteran
With how terrible the defense has been as of late I think I would take Mahomes over Alex Smith. I think Alex could game manage and could drive the ball for long drives. Whereas I think you could force a turnover or two with a rookie at the helm. But knowing the Chiefs even if Mahomes goes off, they will start their veteran. Andy Reid seems very adamant about starting Smith and Mahomes as being their future.
from what i have heard they are not bringing back alex smith. he will be somewhere else next season

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This honestly feels like the worst schedule possible. A lot can happen in an offseason but if this was our schedule this year we'd be aiming for Saquon tbf.

This honestly feels like the worst schedule possible. A lot can happen in an offseason but if this was our schedule this year we'd be aiming for Saquon tbf.
I take it he's going to be a high draft pick?

In any case I can agree that this schedule looks nasty. I'm ready to hit the panic button before the season even starts. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the inevitablenregime change after they produce a losing season.
Qft
They've lost three games in a row now. Remember back when Baltimore could sweep Pitt even with Mallet starting?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I take it he's going to be a high draft pick?

In any case I can agree that this schedule looks nasty. I'm ready to hit the panic button before the season even starts. The only thing I'm looking forward to is the inevitablenregime change after they produce a losing season.

Qft
They've lost three games in a row now. Remember back when Baltimore could sweep Pitt even with Mallet starting?
Saquon is going top5

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
This team has no room to start off slow. We need to win the games against the titans and bills. 4-2 in the division. 2/2 against each outside division and 2/2 against the south. I could surely see us beating the chiefs, raiders, and broncos. Chargers always do well against us. Take Tampa Bay and upset one other and we’re in a good position

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Saquon is going top5
He probably is, but I personally wouldn’t take Saquon top 5. If we’ve learned anything over the past few seasons it’s that there is no reason to take a RB so high up because you can find talent In later rounds that’s almost as good if not just as good as the 1st round guy. Look at guys like Kamara, Cook, and Hunt. I’d much rather take them in the 2nd and 3rd than waste a pick on a RB in the top 5. I don’t care if he’s an all world talent. It’s just not worth it.

He probably is, but I personally wouldn’t take Saquon top 5. If we’ve learned anything over the past few seasons it’s that there is no reason to take a RB so high up because you can find talent In later rounds that’s almost as good if not just as good as the 1st round guy. Look at guys like Kamara, Cook, and Hunt. I’d much rather take them in the 2nd and 3rd than waste a pick on a RB in the top 5. I don’t care if he’s an all world talent. It’s just not worth it.
Yup, the best RBs of that class went in the 3rd round.

Totally agree... and Baltimore has managed to get away with relying on guys like Forsett and Collins.
I'm not saying the position can be neglected entirely, but this is a qb driven league and the Ravens should probably help theirs out by going for olinemen, TEs, and wrs before rbs.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Based off of this years info, it looks dreadful, but a lot can change and will change. I am not really that afraid of the schedule. The NFC division that scares me the most is the NFC west and I think the NFC south is likely going to under-perform next year compared to this year. The AFC west is solid but inconsistent and the team that truly scares me the most is the Chargers but that isn't to say we cannot beat them. Bills and Titans are meh, we should beat them and hopefully win 4-5 within our division.

I'm more concerned with our cap and offseason strategy than the schedule at this point.

I think the Saints will be about the same, Atlanta will be a powerhouse, Tampa still will be below .500 and Carolina will be tough again.

I think KC misses the playoffs entirely next year and Oakland is one of the top AFC teams next year. LA will be decent but Denver will be in the cellar again.