• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Beatdown, The Tackling and Yet Another Injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That was ugly.

Beaten embarrassingly at home by our division rival.

Defence showed up for a quarter or so before deciding they didn't want anything to do with the Bengals offence. Tackling again the biggest issue... big plays were given up but big plays that shouldn't have necessarily been TDs.

Mekari down. And it looked like another guy getting rolled up on again. Seems odd to say given everything we've dealt with already at tackle but that might really be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Bengals have a decent DL but no real star power but they bullied us and Lamar had no time at all.

It's unsustainable to ask Lamar to be Superman just to overcome the deficits we have at OL.

WRs disappeared outside of those first couple of 2nd half drives.

All in all we got out-coached, out-executed and out-schemed.

Thankfully it's the Bye next week and we really really need it.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wink was simply an idiot in the 2nd half. Some of the worst defensive play calling ive seen in years.

Defense and defensive coaches F-
Offense -C+
Lamar - Cant grade him because o line is so decimated.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our Defense isnt as bad as the Chiefs but its pretty bad.
The Ravens coaching staff was completely out coached.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Our Defense isnt as bad as the Chiefs but its pretty bad.
The Ravens coaching staff was completely out coached.

I think the problem is that we just dont have any/many play-makers on defence right now - we've got great depth and good talent across the board but so far our only real play-maker seems to be Oweh who's a rookie - we really miss Marcus Peters as that guy who's a constant threat to turn the ball over.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I’m so done with these injuries man. Shut just isn’t fair how we’re losing guys every week

Cut Murray and Bell.... do we have cap to trade for a RB? Lamar can't keep doing it all

The defense has been bad all year the Chargers game was the only good game for the D.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was ugly.

It's unsustainable to ask Lamar to be Superman just to overcome the deficits we have at OL.

All in all we got out-coached, out-executed and out-schemed..

Its amazing Lamar was able to get us to 5-1. The guy has covered down on coaching bludners and injuries. The pressure of needing to be damn near perfect seems to be getting to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Confusing game honestly. Here's why I say that. The coaching was just awful.

Start with the Defense. Even when the defense held them in check for 1 quarter, they were still totally moving the ball and it was just the shear will of AA that stopped them. Then throughout the rest of the game, we blitzed to death and got destroyed no adjustments.

On Special Teams, we were so strange. Didn't kick field goals we could have, didn't punt when we should have. Got no good returns. Didn't try a fake or anything to try and spark something.

Head Coaching. Poor timeout management, bad challenge, no clock management or push for anything up tempo.

Offense Coaching. This was probably the best of the 4, but Roman still insists on wasting a few plays on things our players can't execute and kills drives. Freeman does not have the speed to turn the corner. Neither does Bell. Screen play to brown on a 3rd and long. Bomb on 3rd and 1. Too many head scratchers.

Lamar Jackson is an animal and he can sometimes be superman, but what he has to go through is just unfair.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cut Murray and Bell.... do we have cap to trade for a RB? Lamar can't keep doing it all

The defense has been bad all year the Chargers game was the only good game for the D.

RB is not the problem. The O line just isn't very good.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That was ugly.

Beaten embarrassingly at home by our division rival.

Defence showed up for a quarter or so before deciding they didn't want anything to do with the Bengals offence. Tackling again the biggest issue... big plays were given up but big plays that shouldn't have necessarily been TDs.

Mekari down. And it looked like another guy getting rolled up on again. Seems odd to say given everything we've dealt with already at tackle but that might really be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Bengals have a decent DL but no real star power but they bullied us and Lamar had no time at all.

WRs disappeared outside of those first couple of 2nd half drives.

All in all we got out-coached, out-executed and out-schemed.

Thankfully it's the Bye next week and we really really need it.

Lets not excuse it as well, Lamar was VERY inaccurate today. Nobody played well and that includes Lamar. He did not play like a 40m dollar QB today which he is fully capable of doing.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think the problem is that we just dont have any/many play-makers on defence right now - we've got great depth and good talent across the board but so far our only real play-maker seems to be Oweh who's a rookie - we really miss Marcus Peters as that guy who's a constant threat to turn the ball over.
Humphrey was a play maker , not this year. Misses tackles like the rest of them. Averett honestly is not that good and they will keep picking on him all year.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lets not excuse it as well, Lamar was VERY inaccurate today. Nobody played well and that includes Lamar. He did not play like a 40m dollar QB today which he is fully capable of doing.
I agree he didn't play that well but the o line was horrific.

Confusing game honestly. Here's why I say that. The coaching was just awful.

Start with the Defense. Even when the defense held them in check for 1 quarter, they were still totally moving the ball and it was just the shear will of AA that stopped them. Then throughout the rest of the game, we blitzed to death and got destroyed no adjustments.

On Special Teams, we were so strange. Didn't kick field goals we could have, didn't punt when we should have. Got no good returns. Didn't try a fake or anything to try and spark something.

Head Coaching. Poor timeout management, bad challenge, no clock management or push for anything up tempo.

Offense Coaching. This was probably the best of the 4, but Roman still insists on wasting a few plays on things our players can't execute and kills drives. Freeman does not have the speed to turn the corner. Neither does Bell. Screen play to brown on a 3rd and long. Bomb on 3rd and 1. Too many head scratchers.

Lamar Jackson is an animal and he can sometimes be superman, but what he has to go through is just unfair.

Is tucker hurt and we are not aware or something that was freaking weird we didn't go for the FG and decided to punt.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wink was simply an idiot in the 2nd half. Some of the worst defensive play calling ive seen in years.

Defense and defensive coaches F-
Offense -C+
Lamar - Cant grade him because o line is so decimated.

Perhaps a little over confident after last week which now seems more like a chargers Off day than anything else. Time to turn off the blitz, embrace bend but not break, stay the hell out of man coverage.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
On defense a major problem is that there is no leader in the front seven. We don't have anyone on field making adjustments like Mosley and Suggs used to. We badly need that again.

The o-line is an issue on offense but it feels like Roman is just incapable of making adjustments to deal with it. A new play caller could really help.

Just in general we're not gonna beat good teams with just playing hero ball in the second half.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Todo empieza en la Oline, lamar tiene que esquivar los linieros rivales y los de su equipo, aquí gran error de deCosta, desde principio de temporada se veía mal la linea, nuestro mejor jugador Bozeman, lo cambiaron de posición y de centro da bien el balón a Lamar , pero no frena a nadie, Powers, Zeitler y Villanueva son basura, Phillips, colon y Cleveland un meh, Stanley out.
Lamar minimiza los errores de los linieros pero es insostenible en el tiempo, no puede ser Superman siempre.
Entiendo de las lesiones, pero podemos traer a un rb que al menos no le duelan las articulaciones cdo haga un corte o choque con alguien? Son una carreta contra Ferraris...
Defensa, bueno básicamente acá el error es Wink, tiene un buen partido llamando, después su ego lo puede, hay qb a los que no conviene hacerles blitz, la primera vez, bueno son novatos, pero la 2, me cansa ver qué contra los Bengals permitamos jugadas grandes, antes ah, boyd, ahora Chase, deja a los safeties atrás y Rush con los grandotes, tan difícil no es.

Lo dije antes, Hoy, son un mejor equipo, sólidos en todas las líneas y además tuvieron un mejor plan de juego
It all starts at the Oline, Lamar has to dodge the rival linemen and those of his team, here a big mistake by deCosta, from the beginning of the season the line looked bad, our best player Bozeman, they changed his position and the center was good ball to Lamar, but does not stop anyone, Powers, Zeitler and Villanueva are trash, Phillips, colon and Cleveland a meh, Stanley out.
Lamar minimizes the errors of the linemen but is unsustainable in time, he cannot always be Superman.
I understand the injuries, but can we bring a rb that at least does not hurt his joints when he cuts or bumps into someone? They are a cart against Ferraris ...
Defense, well basically here the error is Wink, he has a good game calling, then his ego can do it, there are qb who should not blitz, the first time, well they are newbies, but the second, it tires me to see what against the Bengals let us allow big plays, before ah, boyd, now Chase, leave the safeties behind and Rush with the big men, that is not so difficult.

I said it before, Today, they are a better team, solid in all lines and also had a better game plan

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon Humphrey is overrated. Is it just me that thinks this? He’s not top5 at least