• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Beatdown, The Tackling and Yet Another Injury

rossihunter2

Staff Member
[QUOTE = "rossihunter2, publicación: 301364, miembro: 9"] [MEDIA = twitter] 1452373662124818433 [/ MEDIA]

puntos en común en ambos juegos que hemos perdido: lamar no tuvo tiempo y pasó todo el día bajo presión [/ QUOTE]

Español
Inglés
deberían medir la tasa de presión de nuestros Ol, powers y villanueva también estarian en el top five, incomodaron a lamar en muchos lanzamientos
They should measure the pressure rate of our Ol, Powers and Villanueva would also be in the top five, they bothered Lamar in many launches

villanueva probably had his worst game since week 1 today... it felt like every time on longer down and distance, lamar would get to his set point and hendrickson would already be turning the corner and bearing down on him

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we aren't going to improve the offensive line next year we are doing a major disservice to a once in a generation talent in Lamar.

Ronnie is finished so we can start with the tackles and move to guard.

i think it's too early to say about Ronnie yet but we know from this year that there's no guarantees he comes back and our other tackle options in 2022 right now are ju'wuan james (who's also coming off surgery) and villanueva who's not it...

i think you draft a tackle whatever happens but i dont know that id be ready to say ronnie's finished at all - but we should for sure draft as if he is

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lamar yet again accounted for 92%+ of the total offence on this team

if we're gonna play like this then we have to find a way to protect him
and if we're not gonna play this way then we need to find a way to get this running game going when the defence doesn't just leave gaps open (like the chargers)

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think it's too early to say about Ronnie yet but we know from this year that there's no guarantees he comes back and our other tackle options in 2022 right now are ju'wuan james (who's also coming off surgery) and villanueva who's not it...

i think you draft a tackle whatever happens but i dont know that id be ready to say ronnie's finished at all - but we should for sure draft as if he is
He's finished. 3rd surgery . Ronnie even said the first two surgeries didn't work out that well. I would not be surprised if he retired. He will never be the same player.

Simba

Staff Member
Just not much to like out there today. Don't have many positives. But a humbling loss like this before the bye usually spells doom for a few guys. Wouldn't be shocked at all if there's some roster turnover. RBs aren't doing anything. Not sure there's a better OL option out there but shuffling the deck chairs might be worth a shot. Think they could look multiple directions.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar yet again accounted for 92%+ of the total offence on this team

if we're gonna play like this then we have to find a way to protect him
and if we're not gonna play this way then we need to find a way to get this running game going when the defence doesn't just leave gaps open (like the chargers)
The backs that could help him are on IR. The current backs are not that good......anymore.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just not much to like out there today. Don't have many positives. But a humbling loss like this before the bye usually spells doom for a few guys. Wouldn't be shocked at all if there's some roster turnover. RBs aren't doing anything. Not sure there's a better OL option out there but shuffling the deck chairs might be worth a shot. Think they could look multiple directions.

At least one positive: Bateman

and also Hollywood and Lamar are really starting to cook on those long bombs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The backs that could help him are on IR. The current backs are not that good......anymore.

so then we've got a decision to make on the OL because Tyre is not a good pass blocker at RT but is a good pass blocker at LG (and powers is a better run blocker than pass blocker)

if mekari's done then we probably dont have a choice about RT

if Tyre's there I think we have to find a way to start getting this right-handed power running game going behind Phillips and Zeitler - one thing that Phillips undoubtedly does give you at RT is unbridled downblocking power

im with you though that i dont think the RBs are good enough to do that - so then we have to go all in on the passing game and to me that means maybe not Tyre at RT

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m sorry fellas. I tried to hype up Leveon bell, thinking he is the answer. He is not.

Officially on the Trade 4 Melvin Gordon / James Robinson train!!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m sorry fellas. I tried to hype up Leveon bell, thinking he is the answer. He is not.

Officially on the Trade 4 Melvin Gordon / James Robinson train!!
Bell and Freeman are finished. No burst ,nothing . They will not do anything against a decent d line.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also Lamar has to chill sometimes. He's taking way too many hits.

i just dont think he's got much choice - he's the only offence we have - it's either him with his legs, or him sitting in the pocket waiting for stuff to come open downfield

he's taking a lot of hits in the pocket but idk that we can do much about that without doing more max protect stuff and play-action more regularly which doesnt help us on 3rd and long where he's taking most of his hits and sacks

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I am not at all worried about this loss at all. It happens. I think The Ravens beat themselves more than anything but it may be time for them to trade for a running back though. Getting Nick Boyle should help in regards to the running blocking. Getting Derek Wolfe back should help with The Ravens pass rush. I think this team can compete with any team but they just need to get healthy first. The Bye week came right on time.