• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Beatdown, The Tackling and Yet Another Injury

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought Stanley was great out there ? Oh wait, he’s busy wasting our cap. Meanwhile the Bengals have Chase

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
Our defense is fucking ass without Peters. There is no reason for us to allow two 400 yard passers in the same season.
Really hope Mekari isn't out for the season, he was playing pretty well at tackle and we don't have someone else who I think can step into that stop because Philips sucks at tackle

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon Humphrey is overrated. Is it just me that thinks this? He’s not top5 at least

No man you are not alone thinking that. Good player but lacks consistency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jamison Hensley says we are the 3rd team in NFL history to allow 3 -400 yard passers in the first 7 games of the season.

Baltimore joins the 2013 Cowboys and 2018 Chiefs

We have joined the Defense Hall of Shame.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
I thought Stanley was great out there ? Oh wait, he’s busy wasting our cap. Meanwhile the Bengals have Chase
Dude stop it.
Bengals were better than we.
We got outcoached, outplayed and outsmarted.
Imho this is a reality check for the entire team and staff.
We can't keeping blitzing if the coverage doesn't hold up (or even know what coverage to play).

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone go to the game today? Seemed like a smaller crowd on TV or was that just a bad shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our defense is fucking ass without Peters. There is no reason for us to allow two 400 yard passers in the same season.
Really hope Mekari isn't out for the season, he was playing pretty well at tackle and we don't have someone else who I think can step into that stop because Philips sucks at tackle
It seems to me that Peters definitely covered for some of Humphrey's inconsistent play.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It seems to me that Peters definitely covered for some of Humphrey's inconsistent play.

not sure how given that they played on opposite sides of the field

marlon came up against one of the most dynamic and physical receivers in the league - there is no one as athletic and powerful at that position as Chase in the league...

and they didnt even start getting chase open until literally the last drive of the 1st half - humphrey locked him down before that and then the bengals worked out ways to create more favourable leverage for chase in the 2nd half

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lets not excuse it as well, Lamar was VERY inaccurate today. Nobody played well and that includes Lamar. He did not play like a 40m dollar QB today which he is fully capable of doing.
We need to smart with that contract, he wants to be Brady so that includes $
On defense a major problem is that there is no leader in the front seven. We don't have anyone on field making adjustments like Mosley and Suggs used to. We badly need that again.

The o-line is an issue on offense but it feels like Roman is just incapable of making adjustments to deal with it. A new play caller could really help.

Just in general we're not gonna beat good teams with just playing hero ball in the second half.

We drafted that guy, his name was Mosley, too bad we didn’t want to pay him

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Offense:
I don't think Tyree played that bad of a game. Yeah he got beat a couple of times but we wasn't as bad as I thought he would be. Big Al was clearly the worst player on this OL, had a horrible holding call that negated Lamar's run when the game was closer.

Thought Lamar left some throws on the field. He missed a couple of players and missed some reads as well. It wasn't a terrible game by him but he needs more from his OL and we need to figure out the run game.

On the bright side Bateman looked fantastic and he looks really good for someone who's just coming back from injury, add Watkins to go alongside this receiver group, and man, we got a squad. The OL just needs to be re-tooled next year.

Defense: Probably the worst game I've ever seen from this defense in a long time. Just a putrid performance and I have no words for the tackling. Need to work on getting a legit four man rush this off-season on top of some LBs. Lot of FAs on the defense so they got a lot of tough decisions to make in the future.

Bye week couldn't have came at a better time.

CanadianRavensFan

Practice Squad
I think it's more that Humphrey is pressing trying to create turnovers because no one else on the defense can. I just know that after the performance we have seen so far there is no chance in hell that Peters is getting released to pay Averett

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

marlon came up against one of the most dynamic and physical receivers in the league - there is no one as athletic and powerful at that position as Chase in the league...

and they didnt even start getting chase open until literally the last drive of the 1st half - humphrey locked him down before that and then the bengals worked out ways to create more favourable leverage for chase in the 2nd half
The Bengals are so lucky they suck ass the correct years and then all world talent falls to them

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

They might have switched Peters onto Chase once in awhile to give humphrey a break. Humphrey got smoked like a BBQ pig.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Unreal, we got outcoached by Zac Taylor who people thought would be fired this season. So much to work on during the BYE, let's just hope the injuries aren't finally catching up to us and derails our season the rest of the way. We had the one seed in our grasp, all we had to do is take care of the division and we failed to do that.

Bengals clearly tanked for Chase knowing Green was leaving... see guys tanking works unless your Miami and you fumble the entire process.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
[QUOTE = "rossihunter2, publicación: 301364, miembro: 9"] [MEDIA = twitter] 1452373662124818433 [/ MEDIA]

puntos en común en ambos juegos que hemos perdido: lamar no tuvo tiempo y pasó todo el día bajo presión [/ QUOTE]

Español
Inglés
deberían medir la tasa de presión de nuestros Ol, powers y villanueva también estarian en el top five, incomodaron a lamar en muchos lanzamientos
They should measure the pressure rate of our Ol, Powers and Villanueva would also be in the top five, they bothered Lamar in many launches

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

commonalities in both games we've lost - lamar had zero time and spent his whole day under pressure

If we aren't going to improve the offensive line next year we are doing a major disservice to a once in a generation talent in Lamar.

Ronnie is finished so we can start with the tackles and move to guard.