• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 8 Discussion (BYE Week Blues)

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
The refs just gave the game to the Jets. That's a terrible call on helmet to helmet. ...not that I mind the Jets winning, mind you. ;) But that is the refs inserting themselves into the potential outcome of the game right there.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The refs just gave the game to the Jets. That's a terrible call on helmet to helmet.

That call right there is why helmet to helmet is so subjective. As in what we saw there, a defender can lower his head and initiate the contact yet somehow the offensive player will get called for it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Carson Wentz with the Torrey Smith special and got a DPI on an underthrown pass to then get a TD to tie the game.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hahahaha!

last week was Bengals super bowl.

lol!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
That call right there is why helmet to helmet is so subjective. As in what we saw there, a defender can lower his head and initiate the contact yet somehow the offensive player will get called for it.

The defender was going for the low tackle, not leading with the helmet, but lowering for a leg wrap and the WR ducked his head and made contact trying to get yardage. That is a clear example of how the booth should send word - "Incidental contact... play on." to keep the game going and flowing.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Crazy that if the Colts win, the Raiders who are also on a BYE can end the week as the one seed.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I also just remembered I picked Cincy as my Eliminator Pick this week and now I've been eliminated.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
2019: Browns went to Baltimore and beat the Ravens 40-25. They then proceeded to lose the next four games.

2021: Bengals went to Baltimore and beat the Ravens 41-17. The very next week they lose to the Jets. The next couple games are the Browns, Raiders, Steelers.