• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

so according to filmstudy in simplified terms weddle was miles out of position and when asked about CJ on twitter he responded with this:
"If there was any plan for Mosley to cover the slot receiver on a seam route there, he was severely disadvantaged by dropping from the A gap at the snap."
Thats on the money IMO. Asking Mosley to cover ground from the A-Gap is kinda ridiculous. Weddle was out of position and didn’t cover any ground. If Mosley took the seams that would leave the back completely uncovered. I think this play falls on Weddle and Canady honestly.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, you’re thinking of Miami the year Cam Cameron lead them to a 1-15 season and The Ravens gave them their only win, punching Billick’s pink slip. But for the record, I was debating the earlier post about the heartbreaking playoff losses and how the poster was comparing them to this one. I will be the first to say, leaders or no leaders, the team did not properly prepare, or make necessary adjustments for a very winnable game against a bad team. After being gifted a schedule full of backup qbs and the winless Cleveland Browns(2x), they failed, simple as that.

I mean I will completely agree with that. However the early season struggles which are the only reason the team was 4-5 in the first place instead of 8-2 can largely be attributed to losing both starting guards, both backup guards, having an injured quarterback who is not 100%, losing your starting slot corner, losing your backup slot corner, losing your pass catching RB game 1 and not having a replacement until you found him late in w3 and those are just the major injuries. This team was destroyed by injury in a rare and unusual way that just should not happen and cost us 3 wins early in the year.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
It's funny that the last Ravens TD was actually a really bad playcall by Marty that Collins single-handedly rescued.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reports are that flacco expects to keep growing with Marty... unreal

It is what it is. Harbaugh better feel real comfortable with his coordinator decisions this year because he's run out of chances.

Also, we better not fucking lose Roman. I want to see our run game improve even more next year with a completely healthy O-line and Dixon back.

Tyler

Practice Squad
I mean I will completely agree with that. However the early season struggles which are the only reason the team was 4-5 in the first place instead of 8-2 can largely be attributed to losing both starting guards, both backup guards, having an injured quarterback who is not 100%, losing your starting slot corner, losing your backup slot corner, losing your pass catching RB game 1 and not having a replacement until you found him late in w3 and those are just the major injuries. This team was destroyed by injury in a rare and unusual way that just should not happen and cost us 3 wins early in the year.
That may be true, but you can’t play the injury card forever... The Eagles were decimated by injuries all season long and went 13-3.... teams have injuries all the time, great teams find a way to overcome them. The 2017 Ravens just weren’t one of those great teams. Not trying to piss in anyone’s Cheerios, it’s just the reality of where we are at.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
That may be true, but you can’t play the injury card forever... The Eagles were decimated by injuries all season long and went 13-3.... teams have injuries all the time, great teams find a way to overcome them. The 2017 Ravens just weren’t one of those great teams. Not trying to piss in anyone’s Cheerios, it’s just the reality of where we are at.

You can afford injuries as long as its at the right positions and they don't stack at the same position. For instance the Pats in 2015 when they lost to Denver basically lost there entire OLine and several backups and once you lose starter AND backup then things get ugly like it did for the Pats. Now fortunately for them they both play in AFC East and it didn't all happwn at once so they still had a good record but they had no chance at a SB

Having Skura and Hurst as our starting guards and then having Stanley get hurt so Hurst has to shift over to T which he can't play and Elum play G which he couldn't do is unwinnable.

It's funny that the last Ravens TD was actually a really bad playcall by Marty that Collins single-handedly rescued.
I don’t think it was a bad call because the toss gave Collins the option on the cut-back. It’s a design play where if the run is clogged on the left side then he can adjust to run to the right. A stretch run or anything else would have been stuffed. Props to Collins though for making the adjustment and making the big play. Damn I love that guy.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
You can afford injuries as long as its at the right positions and they don't stack at the same position. For instance the Pats in 2015 when they lost to Denver basically lost there entire OLine and several backups and once you lose starter AND backup then things get ugly like it did for the Pats. Now fortunately for them they both play in AFC East and it didn't all happwn at once so they still had a good record but they had no chance at a SB

Having Skura and Hurst as our starting guards and then having Stanley get hurt so Hurst has to shift over to T which he can't play and Elum play G which he couldn't do is unwinnable.

Hurst played tackle b4 and did well at times. Skura shoulda played b4 Eluemunor who is to raw. However bleacher report pointed out Eluemunor did have some dominant moments on raw athleticism and strength combo. Can't keep playing the injury card. Ravens were not a good team. Seattle was playing practice squanders last yr along the OLine. The patriots found an ok tackle off a practice squad this year. If Eluemunor wasn't ready it falls on management for at least not finding somebody better on the practice squad of a deep team. Every team has injuries. Some teams even lost their QBs.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Any word on interviews for the DC position outside of the organization?
LOL you think we aren't going to promote Wink. It's not a Harbaugh thing, this is a ravens thing. Prepared to be dissapointed dude. Not in Wink himself, that's tbd, but we probably aren't getting anyone.

Tyler

Practice Squad
LOL you think we aren't going to promote Wink. It's not a Harbaugh thing, this is a ravens thing. Prepared to be dissapointed dude. Not in Wink himself, that's tbd, but we probably aren't getting anyone.
Just read that Wink’s Denver defense was ranked dead last in the league his only year as their DC.... sounds like a fit considering the guy running show offensively!

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Just read that Wink’s Denver defense was ranked dead last in the league his only year as their DC.... sounds like a fit considering the guy running show offensively!
That defense was depleted with injury IIRC and not talented(that was before Von Miller right?)....

Too early to make a judgement call.