• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

Eventually this defense just needs to stop blowing leads. I just think at some point you need to learn how to finish games.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don’t think it was man. It looks like zone coverage just a soft spot that was exposed. I just kinda don’t understand why Weedle is playing off. I think I might be wrong about Tony Jefferson double covering underneath. I need to look again but yeah magnificent throw.
It was 100% man on the outside, so logic likely says they were playing man over the middle, but it was Canady, Mosley, and Weddle in that area.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm going to say what i've been saying for the past few years. the future of this team is bleak. compared to other teams we lack young superstar talent , have little cap and have no identity at all.

I wrote a thread a few years ago on br.com saying ''the dark era is here and it's going to last''..i was negged like crazy but this was all so clear to me.

I don't see us being a playoff team for a long, long , time. could be 5-6 years...truthfully.

Troy We

Practice Squad
It really is mind blowing that these plays happen every single year. It never fails. So frustrating.
You think they would have learned withvthe last Steeler game. They needed one more first down. Terrible conservative play callibg again after easily drtiving down the field the entire second half. I think w e all knew what was going to happen when ttlhey gave it back to cincy at the end. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS WHAT THEY NEEDED TO DO. HOW CAB TH E COACHING STAFF NOT FIGURE IT OUT?!?! Horrible. No excuses. Players rallied andI have never been so angry.
Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck Marty. Fuck Pees. Fuck Harbaugh. Fuck the whole defense for allowing a 50 yard touchdown on 4th and 12. Its even more sad that I knew it was gonna fucking happen.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I don’t think it was man. It looks like zone coverage just a soft spot that was exposed. I just kinda don’t understand why Weedle is playing off. I think I might be wrong about Tony Jefferson double covering underneath. I need to look again but yeah magnificent throw.
Only thing I can possibly see that would make it zone would be a Cover 3 look, but at that point, you're talking about Canady taking away the hook zone and Weddle playing the deep thirds, so unless they ran some funky variation, it was man.

Troy We

Practice Squad
I just knew they were gonna score on 4th and 12, I fucking knew it, because that's what a dean pees defense does. It always has and it always will. The fact that the niners couldn't score in the SB was a complete fucking aberration.
I think everyone knew it. No surprise. They should have never given the ball back to them. Terrible coaching

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
We need a change in things, is it time to start over with our coaching staff?

It's a disgrace that we put so much into our defense this off season and they couldn't even hold it down for one. more. play!!

SMH
What a disgraceful season, worst Ravens team we've seen in a very long time, and maybe that's why our stadium is filled with empty seats and cricket chirps, how embarrassing. 9-7, sure we almost made the playoffs, but with an extremely easy schedule (how many backup QBs we played this year?) get to face the worst team in the NFL twice and still we barely squeaked by, with horrible play on offense and defense and even a horrible offseason to start us off clearly wrongly favoring D over offense...I understand BPA approach but don't appreciate the bad results that come from a one sided team balancing act.

Something's got to give and I think it's very safe to point the finger at every single coach on this team, Harbaugh for his mediocre leadership and middling responses after losses..."We need to improve and that's all I have to say!" No sh* pal what else is new. Then there is friggin Marty Mornenwhig and he can be summed up by the final play of todays game, we needed 14 yards for a 1st but settled for a 7yard route, if I had a dollar for every screen/short slant/out route marty had drawn up on 3rd and longs this year I'd pay for more talent on this team. He's mediocre and that's being generous.

Dean Pees could easily be fired too, even Dan Fouts called the Tyler Boyd slot single coverage play before it even happened today that cost us the game. Pees has his share of the blame as well.

All in all I'd be surprised if Harbs gets fired, but I could understand why, moreso if Im Harbaugh I'd scapegoat one or both of the coordinators and look to change things up next year.

Our defense was the one bright spot (very debatable) for us this year and its hard to even say that given the flat out beatdowns they have suffered throughout the year. The Jacksonville slaughter in London. LeVeon rolling over us for 200 yards week 4, Antonio Brown gutting us for 200 in a game where the Steelers totaled 500+yards a few weeks ago. Jordan Howard, DeAndre Hopkins, Latavius Murray, we got torched quite a few times this season, yet all anyone ever talks about is our "top ranked defense"and personally I think our defense is very overrated despite how much we invested in it this offseason, and it couldn't be more relevant than in todays loss. And let's talk about that "pro bowler" Eric Weddle....are you kidding me? Congrats on the turnovers bro, but I have never seen a worst covering, tackling safety...EVER, dude doesn't deserve the pro bowl, he misses more tackles and blows more coverages than a pro bowler should. And damn it seems like we never ever have enough CBs on this team to get us through the year. Jimmy is over the hill and always injured, Carr sucks as a starter, and beyond that we have young guys who need growth, Humphrey has a promising future but thats 1 CB, in a league where offenses use 5 wide sets a whole lot...we need more corners Ozzie not 1 or 2...legit like 4-5 solid starters.

Our D will always be our strength as a team but we have got to start investing in offense too. Alex Collins is a stud and the one positive take away on offense this year, but we need WRs and a good TE like it's nobody's business. Our offense was garbage this year like I've never seen outside of a winless team. Joe Flacco can still get it done if he has the right weapons like a Mason/Boldin/Pitta/Heap, and a coordinator who calls The right plays like Jim Caldwell and Gary Kubiak used to. So it's time to add a multitude of peices to this offense, Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin are clear cut backups.

All in all I doubt we completely implode this offseason we are close to being true contenders, we just have to add more talent and incorporate much better coaching.

#BoycottMornenwhig

#NotMyOC

Troy We

Practice Squad
Fuck me. Fuck you. Fuck Marty. Fuck Pees. Fuck Harbaugh. Fuck the whole defense for allowing a 50 yard touchdown on 4th and 12. Its even more sad that I knew it was gonna fucking happen.
What a disgraceful season, worst Ravens team we've seen in a very long time, and maybe that's why our stadium is filled with empty seats and cricket chirps, how embarrassing. 9-7, sure we almost made the playoffs, but with an extremely easy schedule (how many backup QBs we played this year?) get to face the worst team in the NFL twice and still we barely squeaked by, with horrible play on offense and defense and even a horrible offseason to start us off clearly wrongly favoring D over offense...I understand BPA approach but don't appreciate the bad results that come from a one sided team balancing act.

Something's got to give and I think it's very safe to point the finger at every single coach on this team, Harbaugh for his mediocre leadership and middling responses after losses..."We need to improve and that's all I have to say!" No sh* pal what else is new. Then there is friggin Marty Mornenwhig and he can be summed up by the final play of todays game, we needed 14 yards for a 1st but settled for a 7yard route, if I had a dollar for every screen/short slant/out route marty had drawn up on 3rd and longs this year I'd pay for more talent on this team. He's mediocre and that's being generous.

Dean Pees could easily be fired too, even Dan Fouts called the Tyler Boyd slot single coverage play before it even happened today that cost us the game. Pees has his share of the blame as well.

All in all I'd be surprised if Harbs gets fired, but I could understand why, moreso if Im Harbaugh I'd scapegoat one or both of the coordinators and look to change things up next year.

Our defense was the one bright spot (very debatable) for us this year and its hard to even say that given the flat out beatdowns they have suffered throughout the year. The Jacksonville slaughter in London. LeVeon rolling over us for 200 yards week 4, Antonio Brown gutting us for 200 in a game where the Steelers totaled 500+yards a few weeks ago. Jordan Howard, DeAndre Hopkins, Latavius Murray, we got torched quite a few times this season, yet all anyone ever talks about is our "top ranked defense"and personally I think our defense is very overrated despite how much we invested in it this offseason, and it couldn't be more relevant than in todays loss. And let's talk about that "pro bowler" Eric Weddle....are you kidding me? Congrats on the turnovers bro, but I have never seen a worst covering, tackling safety...EVER, dude doesn't deserve the pro bowl, he misses more tackles and blows more coverages than a pro bowler should. And damn it seems like we never ever have enough CBs on this team to get us through the year. Jimmy is over the hill and always injured, Carr sucks as a starter, and beyond that we have young guys who need growth, Humphrey has a promising future but thats 1 CB, in a league where offenses use 5 wide sets a whole lot...we need more corners Ozzie not 1 or 2...legit like 4-5 solid starters.

Our D will always be our strength as a team but we have got to start investing in offense too. Alex Collins is a stud and the one positive take away on offense this year, but we need WRs and a good TE like it's nobody's business. Our offense was garbage this year like I've never seen outside of a winless team. Joe Flacco can still get it done if he has the right weapons like a Mason/Boldin/Pitta/Heap, and a coordinator who calls The right plays like Jim Caldwell and Gary Kubiak used to. So it's time to add a multitude of peices to this offense, Mike Wallace and Jeremy Maclin are clear cut backups.

All in all I doubt we completely implode this offseason we are close to being true contenders, we just have to add more talent and incorporate much better coaching.

#BoycottMornenwhig

#NotMyOC
Well said. Agree with everything.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Look. For how sad this was it was still impressive to turn from 4-5 to 9-7. That is huge credit to Harbaugh

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad
Look. For how sad this was it was still impressive to turn from 4-5 to 9-7. That is huge credit to Harbaugh

Huge credit to the schedule. During that span of 4-5 to 9-7 we beat the Packers without Aaron Rodgers, the Texans without Deshaun Watson, the colts without Andrew Luck, the Browns and most impressive was the 44 point win over the Lions...albeit the struggling Lions who look to be in the market for a new head coach.

We might have had the easiest schedule in the league this year given our potential as a team on paper, and the plethora of injured teams we faced yet we got eliminated from the playoffs, and dare I say we sacrifice draft position in the process.

Troy We

Practice Squad
BS....we had a ridicuolously easy schedule, which is what got us close. All analysts were saying mid season that we would probably make playoffs because of how easy our schedule was. We still blew it. Had it been a normal year with a normal schedule and key opposing qbs not getting hurt and we would have 4 wins.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He gets no fucking credit. How can his team be so unprepared for a game like this???????????????? How can Bengals who played for nothing but pride and to screw us if they can, look like world beaters and show 100 times more passion on the field in the first half?

Third year in a row we fail to make the playoffs. No excuses, no credit any longer. Can we have coaches who know how to adjust if our best defender is injured? Year after year after year we watch the same shit under Harbaugh. Enough.

I just don't think those calling for Harbs head are going to get their wish.

Well here about the gallant effort to save a season that unfortunately came up just a little short. We'll hear about the gutsy opponent who just found a way to make a big play when they needed it. What we won't hear about is the inexcusable meltdown in a home game against a sub .500 team whose LB corps were decimated.

Make no mistake ... This was a massive embarrassment. I don't think Steve will make the move now but will let our HC that it is officially time to put up or shut up next season. i do think next year is playoffs or out.

Last edited:

The Greek

Veteran
add ozzie to that bro. a lot of blown high round picks. harbs gets another year with all the injuries but pees has to go. not a fan of marty either but i doubt both coord. r replaced. weddle is slow, always a step too late and we need to trade a 1st for a #1 receiver. hope maclin feels like crap. he was useless all season

Last edited: