• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh isn’t going anywhere
I wonder how those empty seats strike Bisciotti. I tend to agree that Harbs stays but it wouldn't shock me if he goes. And I could understand the rationale.

It could be that the mid season protests are solely to blame for the pitiful attendance but I suspect there is more to it than just that.

The team has been a bit of a Frankenstein put together with aged FA signings for several years. There is an absence of identity and a dearth of leadership.
Bisciotti is clever. He sees this and he may have had enough.

He found Harbaugh. He can find his replacement.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I've said it in the past, I'll say it again. Harbaugh is a motivator and not an offensive or defensive mind, and our team shows up flat way too often for this to take place another season. I'm by no means a Harbs hater but at this point in time, we fall short too often that this is becoming a culture thing and that's not Raven football.

I have no doubt Harbs finds a job right away and I'm completely fine with that, but his time here has run it's course. We need a fresh voice.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I wonder how those empty seats strike Bisciotti. I tend to agree that Harbs stays but it wouldn't shock me if he goes. And I could understand the rationale.

It could be that the mid season protests are solely to blame for the pitiful attendance but I suspect there is more to it than just that.

The team has been a bit of a Frankenstein put together with aged FA signings for several years. There is an absence of identity and a dearth of leadership.
Bisciotti is clever. He sees this and he may have had enough.

He found Harbaugh. He can find his replacement.
The protests have produced empty seats for weeks now, but I tend to agree that many were probably just pessimistic about the team’s chances moving forward in the tournament, rightly so. Add in NYE and temps in the teens and we have the embarrassing half empty stadium.

Totally agree about the squad, but is that on Harbaugh? Seems there definitely needs to be a shift in philosophy in how to build the team and that would seem to suggest moving on from Ozzie to DeCosta, or maybe just a new direction mandated by Bisciotti. Not sure. Will be interesting to see how they approach the needed changes.

Only thing I can possibly see that would make it zone would be a Cover 3 look, but at that point, you're talking about Canady taking away the hook zone and Weddle playing the deep thirds, so unless they ran some funky variation, it was man.
I didn’t see the play that much. It was a really poor executed play and at first glance I didn’t know what it was. Looks like it was man on the outside but the coverage was just...really poorly executed.

Edit: Harbaugh said they were playing 2-deep zone. I don’t know really want to say about that coverage because it was really funky to the point where I wish they had just call the TO before the play happened.

Last edited:
I’m honestly mad about how much they talked up this game. They really pumped the fans and media up for this and we’re down at one point 17-3. They just didn’t look like a team fighting for a playoff spot.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m honestly mad about how much they talked up this game. They really pumped the fans and media up for this and we’re down at one point 17-3. They just didn’t look like a team fighting for a playoff spot.
Everybody was pumped up except our players.
But Harbaugh is a great motivator.

K-Dog

MVP
BS....we had a ridicuolously easy schedule, which is what got us close. All analysts were saying mid season that we would probably make playoffs because of how easy our schedule was. We still blew it. Had it been a normal year with a normal schedule and key opposing qbs not getting hurt and we would have 4 wins.
A normal year like without 17+ key players on IR ?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't think those calling for Harbs head are going to get their wish.

Well here about the gallant effort to save a season that unfortunately came up just a little short. We'll hear about the gutsy opponent who just found a way to make a big play when they needed it. What we won't hear about is the inexcusable meltdown in a home game against a sub .500 team whose LB corps were decimated.

Make no mistake ... This was a massive embarrassment. I don't think Steve will make the move now but will let our HC that it is officially time to put up or shut up next season. i do think next year is playoffs or out.

This is said every time the Ravens are kept out of the playoffs.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
How much more rope does Harbs get from Bisciotti? I think another year's worth. But, this will come with conditions. Either get Flacco going somehow or be gone by year's end. The Ravens have gone from a perennial playoff contender to an average team in the span of a few years. We have an average QB with no weapons to speak of. Our coaching is average to sub-par and yet Steve likes the status quo. He seems to be of the belief that the Steelers and Pats are where they are because of continuity. However, they have better teams, far better teams and better coaching, far better coaching. So, Steve there is not much we can do with our team per se, but we can definitely get rid of the coaching staff and get some new thinking in, fresh thinking. Maybe it works or maybe it doesn't but at least the fans will know that it wasn't for lack of trying to shake the tree. Please make whole sale changes in 2018. Right now, the stands are empty but yet you are paid through the PSL program. How long do you think that's going to last when the PSL holders refuse to buy season tickets allowing their PSL's to lapse. There is going to be a point in time when that starts happening and this inaction is going to cost you real money. Do something before that please.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The main reason this team didn't make the playoffs is simple. The team lacks a killer instinct that is critical for a team with ambitions. And sorry Harbs but it was your job to instill that in your team and you had an epic fail in that regard. Time and again, in crucial games we screw up and lose. Some where some how you need to be accountable for it. Resign.

Everybody was pumped up except our players.
But Harbaugh is a great motivator.
It seemed like the Players were pumped before the game. Literally last week they were talking up about how they need to take care of business. I remember Brandon Williams talking a lot about it and I also remember him getting blocked out 1v1 and doing nearly nothing in the pass rush.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've said it in the past, I'll say it again. Harbaugh is a motivator and not an offensive or defensive mind, and our team shows up flat way too often for this to take place another season. I'm by no means a Harbs hater but at this point in time, we fall short too often that this is becoming a culture thing and that's not Raven football.

I have no doubt Harbs finds a job right away and I'm completely fine with that, but his time here has run it's course. We need a fresh voice.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Harbs being a motivator. Great motivators instill a kind of killer instinct in the teams they lead. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed did that for years and hence the early success in the Harbaugh era. This kind of God is taking care of us and iron sharpens iron and WIN (What's important now) BS isn't working. This motivator failed big time because for all the talk he couldn't motivate this team to have a killer instinct to close out games.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Harbs being a motivator. Great motivators instill a kind of killer instinct in the teams they lead. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed did that for years and hence the early success in the Harbaugh era. This kind of God is taking care of us and iron sharpens iron and WIN (What's important now) BS isn't working. This motivator failed big time because for all the talk he couldn't motivate this team to have a killer instinct to close out games.

It's really funny you respond with this, because I was thinking when I typed it that Ed and Ray more than likely had a ton to do with the perceived motivation. At the end of the day, we need someone who can scheme one way or another and Harbs isn't that. Again, Harbs will have a laundry list of teams who will want him and that's justified, but we need to start fresh.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
You think they would have learned withvthe last Steeler game. They needed one more first down. Terrible conservative play callibg again after easily drtiving down the field the entire second half. I think w e all knew what was going to happen when ttlhey gave it back to cincy at the end. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS WHAT THEY NEEDED TO DO. HOW CAB TH E COACHING STAFF NOT FIGURE IT OUT?!?! Horrible. No excuses. Players rallied andI have never been so angry.

Oh yeah, when the opposing team gets the ball back with 2 minutes left, I just say to myself, here we go.