• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Having had a few days to think... The anger has now set in. I said weeks ago tank and that making playoffs would put is in "no mans land" draft wise. I also said the other risk of success would most likely mean we have an excuse to keep Marty. Why the hell are we afraid of a new mentality on offense? It is what it is and now we're stuck with a shitty pick and OC who coaches like it's the 90s. Fuck this.

The only positive is laughing at the Bengals fans who now get two more years of Marvin.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You really shouldn't expect anything other than general answers in these pressers, that's the way they have always operated. Any specifics that they want to share will come out in the state of the Ravens press conference.
I'm talking in general, not this presser only but he gave enough hints that nothing's going to change for next season.
And I also don't expect much from the state of the Ravens conference either.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I also hope we're forced onto Hard Knocks to finally see how "great" both the Off and def play during TC.

Staff deserves to be under a microscope.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
so the only vaguely interesting/positive news is that harbs seems to be behind the idea of both getting in a new young qb and even more importantly seems to be searching around for a qb coach to help joe with his mechanics
I also found it nice to get an answer that Joe wasn’t healthy I mean it was obvious but he said the past two years he’s been struggling and I think he finally came back the second half of the season I really think that’s more of what we should expect from here on out I think it’s been a rough few years but I feel if something wasn’t wrong with joe these past two years I think there would be more concern

The Greek

Veteran
with roman possibly moving on, the running game will go back to being below avg unless someone was paying attention to how roman did things. why is bobby engram still on the team? he has not developed anybody

jboy19

Pro Bowler
with roman possibly moving on, the running game will go back to being below avg unless someone was paying attention to how roman did things. why is bobby engram still on the team? he has not developed anybody

It's hard to tell if the running game was all on Roman or if Marty played at least a partial role in the development.

Either way, D'Alessandris (the OL coach who started this season) certainly deserves some credit for putting together a generally good line after all the injuries.

Idk what to think of Bobby Engram though. Perriman has certainly been a disappointment, but guys like Camp and Moore have seemingly outperformed their draft spots. Maybe the problem with Perriman is Perriman. Idk. We unfortunately never got a good look at Tim White or Quincy to see how they were doing.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I also found it nice to get an answer that Joe wasn’t healthy I mean it was obvious but he said the past two years he’s been struggling and I think he finally came back the second half of the season I really think that’s more of what we should expect from here on out I think it’s been a rough few years but I feel if something wasn’t wrong with joe these past two years I think there would be more concern
I think anyone that looked and watched objectively could have come to that conclusion instead of some of the nonsensical theories that some came up with. I think his issues wouldn't have been quite as glaring had some of the "playmaker" options panned out.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
while a lot of us want pagano back, harbs also admitted that they were only looking at coaches who have worked the system before - essentially confirming that they are only looking at wink and former DCs - that tells me that the staff is a little afraid of change
Didn’t pagano work with this scheme he said outside people are being considered

The Greek

Veteran
It's hard to tell if the running game was all on Roman or if Marty played at least a partial role in the development.

Either way, D'Alessandris (the OL coach who started this season) certainly deserves some credit for putting together a generally good line after all the injuries.

Idk what to think of Bobby Engram though. Perriman has certainly been a disappointment, but guys like Camp and Moore have seemingly outperformed their draft spots. Maybe the problem with Perriman is Perriman. Idk. We unfortunately never got a good look at Tim White or Quincy to see how they were doing.
d'alessandris definitely deserves plenty of kudos. hopefully no one signs roman and he re signs with us so we at least have a back up plan if marty gets canned at some point next season

jboy19

Pro Bowler
d'alessandris definitely deserves plenty of kudos. hopefully no one signs roman and he re signs with us so we at least have a back up plan if marty gets canned at some point next season

I guess it depends what kind of coaches get hired. If a DC like Patricia or Fangio gets hired to coach a team with a good running game (like Chicago). He'd be a solid OC candidate.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Having had a few days to think... The anger has now set in. I said weeks ago tank and that making playoffs would put is in "no mans land" draft wise. I also said the other risk of success would most likely mean we have an excuse to keep Marty. Why the hell are we afraid of a new mentality on offense? It is what it is and now we're stuck with a shitty pick and OC who coaches like it's the 90s. Fuck this.

The only positive is laughing at the Bengals fans who now get two more years of Marvin.
I was afraid of this also. We just miss playoffs giving them an excuse to keep Marty and leave us just outside of the selecting the top tier players in the draft. I am not a fan of keeping Marty, but I knew Harbaugh would keep him.

arnie_uk

Veteran
He more or less said the playcall on 4th and 12 was his call.

The new dc has to fit the system.... i thought a dc would bring their own system.... leads me to believe harbs is massively involved in playcalling, scheme, style etc moreso than we realise on both sides.. probably got alot more involved after the superbowl win... coincides with our shite play

JAAM

Hall of Famer
At this point I'd take Caldwell back over Marty. Hell, maybe even Cam. But not Trestman lol

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He more or less said the playcall on 4th and 12 was his call.

The new dc has to fit the system.... i thought a dc would bring their own system.... leads me to believe harbs is massively involved in playcalling, scheme, style etc moreso than we realise on both sides.. probably got alot more involved after the superbowl win... coincides with our shite play
That would explain quite a few things over the years.
We know that he's definitely involved in draft selection process. That explains a lot, too.
I can't wait for the day he's out of Baltimore.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone here can be pessimistic about everything and that’s fine. But I’m excited to see how we look next season. With this defense back and with more experience, and hopefully a reloaded offense, I think we will be a good team. As long as Joe stays healthy and we give him some weapons to work with I think we will look good. Not worried about Marty staying at all. It’ll be nice to have some consistency at OC and he showed that he could open up the playbook when joe was healthy.