• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Bye Bye Marty, Pees and Harbaugh?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean they were the number 4 or 5 scoring offense for the last half of the year despite every receiver having gotten coaching from Ed Dickson on how to catch a ball so clearly the O was doing something right.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Everyone here can be pessimistic about everything and that’s fine. But I’m excited to see how we look next season. With this defense back and with more experience, and hopefully a reloaded offense, I think we will be a good team. As long as Joe stays healthy and we give him some weapons to work with I think we will look good. Not worried about Marty staying at all. It’ll be nice to have some consistency at OC and he showed that he could open up the playbook when joe was healthy.
^^^^ the only thing that gets me down is the wait I hate the offseason I don’t really follow any other sports that much maybe the nba playoffs that’s about it

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Everyone here can be pessimistic about everything and that’s fine. But I’m excited to see how we look next season. With this defense back and with more experience, and hopefully a reloaded offense, I think we will be a good team. As long as Joe stays healthy and we give him some weapons to work with I think we will look good. Not worried about Marty staying at all. It’ll be nice to have some consistency at OC and he showed that he could open up the playbook when joe was healthy.

This team has shown an inability to close and 1 year flat out sucked. It's basically been the same shit since 13. Offense sucks defense is good early. Offense waits til too late to show life then defense collapses. Rinse repeat just like these goddam pressers. We've drafted one productive wr in all of Harbaugh's tenure. I have no reason to believe any REAL change will be made until 2019. Seriously, think about this. We've drafted Pitta, Rice and Torrey. Who else has produced? Use the picks and trade for pieces cause we sure as hell can't draft/develop them here.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
This team has shown an inability to close and 1 year flat out sucked. It's basically been the same shit since 13. Offense sucks defense is good early. Offense waits til too late to show life then defense collapses. Rinse repeat just like these goddam pressers. We've drafted one productive wr in all of Harbaugh's tenure. I have no reason to believe any REAL change will be made until 2019. Seriously, think about this. We've drafted Pitta, Rice and Torrey. Who else has produced? Use the picks and trade for pieces cause we sure as hell can't draft/develop them here.

All I can say is just that everything has it's time. Just because there hasn't been any receiver that has produced since Pitta, Rice,and Torrey doesn't mean there won't be in 2018 . I actually look forward to seeing Chris Moore and Buck Allen growing as players. They had there mistakes but they produced on the field. I'm actually hoping that Breshad Perriman and Maxx Williams(solid run blocker this year though) get it together. I don't even question Kenneth Dixon ability as a running back but he just needs to stay healthy and I definitely think him and Alex Collins could make for dangerous duo.

The Raven

Veteran
I'm not a Marty fan by any means but can we quit the shit over "accountability"? What about holding the players and Ozzie accountable? Our offensive roster was fucking pitiful and making Marty a scapegoat for it is idiotic. Get real. We were one of the highest scoring offenses down the stretch -- once Flacco got his head out of his ass. I guess we did that in spite of Marty? Lmao.

Firing the OC sounds like the easy fix because Occam's Razor. I know. I get it. The problems are too many and too complex for y'all to rationalize so you call for the simplest solution -- fire the OC. But that's fucking stupid. The offense improved as Joe did, but it still wasn't enough to win. I mean shit, we had mediocrity across the board on offense. Jarrett Johnson said he was surprised we got the production that we did.

I'm not a Marty fan. I did want him fired -- mainly because I think Greg Roman fits our identity better. But firing MM in the name of "accountability" is moronic and doesn't constitute a solution to our larger problem. In hindsight, we didn't struggle in the first eight weeks because of Marty. We struggled because of Flacco. We struggled because our guards were bad and our tackles couldn't pass protect. We struggled because Maclin is a bust and Wallace couldn't carry us. We struggled because our TEs couldn't do shit except flat routes and stick routes against cover 3.

Go ahead and make a sandwich with moldy bread and raw chicken. Let me know how it tastes.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
The offensive line came together pretty well, Flacco got healthy and all that did was highlight how bad the weapons actually were. Maclin failed. I don't put that on Ozzie bc it was on paper a good deal that just didn't work out. I put that on Maclin.

None of the other weapoms were worth it though.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not a Marty fan by any means but can we quit the shit over "accountability"? What about holding the players and Ozzie accountable? Our offensive roster was fucking pitiful and making Marty a scapegoat for it is idiotic. Get real. We were one of the highest scoring offenses down the stretch -- once Flacco got his head out of his ass. I guess we did that in spite of Marty? Lmao.

Firing the OC sounds like the easy fix because Occam's Razor. I know. I get it. The problems are too many and too complex for y'all to rationalize so you call for the simplest solution -- fire the OC. But that's fucking stupid. The offense improved as Joe did, but it still wasn't enough to win. I mean shit, we had mediocrity across the board on offense. Jarrett Johnson said he was surprised we got the production that we did.

I'm not a Marty fan. I did want him fired -- mainly because I think Greg Roman fits our identity better. But firing MM in the name of "accountability" is moronic and doesn't constitute a solution to our larger problem. In hindsight, we didn't struggle in the first eight weeks because of Marty. We struggled because of Flacco. We struggled because our guards were bad and our tackles couldn't pass protect. We struggled because Maclin is a bust and Wallace couldn't carry us. We struggled because our TEs couldn't do shit except flat routes and stick routes against cover 3.

Go ahead and make a sandwich with moldy bread and raw chicken. Let me know how it tastes.
It taste good .

Tank

Hall of Famer
The offensive line came together pretty well, Flacco got healthy and all that did was highlight how bad the weapons actually were. Maclin failed. I don't put that on Ozzie bc it was on paper a good deal that just didn't work out. I put that on Maclin.

None of the other weapoms were worth it though.
Yeah, I caught a ration of shit early in the season by saying Flacco was playing poorly, but so were his “receivers”. Some even claimed we had an “above average” group that were better than most and that they were being held back by Joe’s poor play.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
Yeah, I caught a ration of shit early in the season by saying Flacco was playing poorly, but so were his “receivers”. Some even claimed we had an “above average” group that were better than most and that they were being held back by Joe’s poor play.
Honestly imo the second half of the season he maxed it that offenses potential he was getting everyone involved I just hope this season we can see what it’s like to have some people around him for once

Tank

Hall of Famer
Honestly imo the second half of the season he maxed it that offenses potential he was getting everyone involved I just hope this season we can see what it’s like to have some people around him for once
I hope they find a couple of quality guys that at least can consistently get open and catch. And stay on the field.

I'm not going to claim my self as a Marty fan because he does have his moments but I just can't give him most of the blame this time around. I think fans are too quick to play the blame game with the OC sometimes.

Let's just accept the fact that this was an awful receiver group. Mike Wallace should not be anyones #1 WR, Camp wouldn't even be on a roster and Moore at best is a primary return man and nothing more. Ben Watson is literally a lower tier TE in all honesty as well.

I think in the 2nd half of the year, the offense did a pretty good job with what they had in what I probably would say is the worst receiving unit in the league. Ozzie, as great as he is botched it but I don't think he expected Maclin and Perriman to be this awful. At the same time Perriman was a big gamble and Maclin was as well.

I think we need to give Marty more talent honestly because these guys are not going to cut it.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I'm not going to claim my self as a Marty fan because he does have his moments but I just can't give him most of the blame this time around. I think fans are too quick to play the blame game with the OC sometimes.

Let's just accept the fact that this was an awful receiver group. Mike Wallace should not be anyones #1 WR, Camp wouldn't even be on a roster and Moore at best is a primary return man and nothing more. Ben Watson is literally a lower tier TE in all honesty as well.

I think in the 2nd half of the year, the offense did a pretty good job with what they had in what I probably would say is the worst receiving unit in the league. Ozzie, as great as he is botched it but I don't think he expected Maclin and Perriman to be this awful. At the same time Perriman was a big gamble and Maclin was as well.

I think we need to give Marty more talent honestly because these guys are not going to cut it.
Agreed as I said I think him and Joe maxed this offense out the second half of the season and I give them a lot of credit for it... I wouldn’t mind having mike back as a WR #2 though with someone like Landry or Robinson then we are talking