• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The NFL Playoffs

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Check this out. I was looking through my U.s History notes today, and I made this bracket back at the end of October. I was going to post this last week but completely forgot and thought it was crazy to see the Eagles win the championship game or super bowl without Wentz (I did this before he went down obviously) Yea I got a few things wrong (fucking ravens in the playoffs) even a lot of the seedings were on point. An yes I know I have the writing of a two-year-old on drugs. There is a reason I run online forums and not a cartoon page lol.

View attachment 489

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
How nice of NFL Shop to make a Carson Wentz Super Bowl jersey.

thumb.aspx
Dude this team when they get Wentz back... wowwwwy. Not to mention Jason Peters got hurt, Sproles, Hicks, their kicker, Maragos. Wow creds to them. They are a joy to watch. And I wish our fans could be as psychotic as theirs. The plans they made this week are hilarious. M&T needs to be like how the Link was this season. We barely have home field advantage anymore.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lol.. If Nick Foles manages to pull this off somehow this'll cause the greatest QB controversy ever.

Also, congrats Pats. Go celebrate your ring now

Pats

Veteran
I'm more excited to face philly then when we went against the falcons and hawks. This will be some game I think.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Anyone see edp’s video lol? Holy shit I feel for eagles fans. I’m obviously pulling for philly, but we need to count our blessings on the super bowl damn. Imagine being a kid or a teenager and watching Brady rip your hearts out in the super bowl, only to see him do it again on the same stage 14
Years later

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course the 2 teams I didn't want to see win. One cuz I hate worldbeaters and the other cuz I love being able to use the " So where's your Super Bowl trophy" amongst some of the most obnoxious fans. Fuuuccckkkk!!!!!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Check this out. I was looking through my U.s History notes today, and I made this bracket back at the end of October. I was going to post this last week but completely forgot and thought it was crazy to see the Eagles win the championship game or super bowl without Wentz (I did this before he went down obviously) Yea I got a few things wrong (fucking ravens in the playoffs) even a lot of the seedings were on point. An yes I know I have the writing of a two-year-old on drugs. There is a reason I run online forums and not a cartoon page lol.

View attachment 489

Good thing the computer writes for us huh. :D

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Anyone see edp’s video lol? Holy shit I feel for eagles fans. I’m obviously pulling for philly, but we need to count our blessings on the super bowl damn. Imagine being a kid or a teenager and watching Brady rip your hearts out in the super bowl, only to see him do it again on the same stage 14
Years later
No kidding. I'm already rooting for the Eagles because if they lose to the Pats again, I don't think we see EDP ever again.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Betting lines open at 5.5 points in favor of the Patriots. This is the largest margin since the Steelers were 7 point favorites against the Cardinals.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Last time the Eagles and Pats met in Super Bowl 39, the Eagles beat the Falcons and Vikings en route to the Super Bowl. Super Bowl 39 was in Jacksonville, who the Pats just beat. Super Bowl 52 is in Minnesota who the Eagles just beat.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I have no confidence in Nick Foles. He’s going up against one of the best defensive minds in nfl history who won’t underestimate him. Brady just picked apart the best d in the nfl.

I expect a thorough ass kicking this go around on the patriots end.

FUCK YOU BRADY

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I have no confidence in Nick Foles. He’s going up against one of the best defensive minds in nfl history who won’t underestimate him. Brady just picked apart the best d in the nfl.

I expect a thorough ass kicking this go around on the patriots end.

FUCK YOU BRADY

Rocky wouldn't quit...

I mean, I know we all really dislike the Pats ... but Jesus. They are doing something we haven't seen since the Packers of the 60s, or maybe the Steelers of the 70s ... but back then you could build a team and hold them in your franchise prison for life. The only players you lost were the ones you wanted to get rid of.

The game is designed to prevent this sort of thing, but it is happening anyway. It is just amazing. Its not just Brady, Belichick ... it is just an entire organizational aura. Someone needs to make a play, someone is going to make it. Brady can deliver the ball, but someone else has to complete the play. Last night, it was Amendola. Not a player that would ever be highly coveted by anyone else. But put him in that uniform, put him in that situation and he comes out and just does amazing shit.

Honestly, I've spent enough time rooting against this team. I want Philly to win - for Philly. But wanting NE to lose ... for what, so they don't get to claim to be the greatest franchise in NFL history? Sorry, that's already been settled.

Lol.. If Nick Foles manages to pull this off somehow this'll cause the greatest QB controversy ever.

Also, congrats Pats. Go celebrate your ring now
Actually, I think if Foles pulls this off, there will be no controversy. Eagles will have it made - they'll get a ring, keep their franchise QB Wentz and have a sell-high trade opportunity with Foles.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just seen this on twitter and i'll admit id forgotten about this:

Credit to Joe Douglas, Andy Weidl and the entire Eagles FO for constructing this Eagles team that has reached the Super Bowl. Douglas & Weidl spent a lot of time with the Ravens as part of a scouting dept & FO that brought in a lot of really good players.