• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The NFL Playoffs

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'll post my Previews in this thread, that way we can just keep everything playoffs in here instead of me creating a new thread. I guess both Sat and Sun have the exciting game and a dull game. I think Titans/Chiefs is the dull game for Saturday and the one that should be really good is Falcons/Rams.

As for predictions, I see Chiefs winning and heading back to NE in the divisional round. Jaguars defense keeps Tyrod and the Bills offense in check and head back to Pittsburgh for a regular season rematch. In the NFC I see the Rams winning knocking out the Falcons, and the Saints completing a 3 game sweep on the Panthers and advancing. Which would mean Rams head to Philadelphia, and the Saints head to Minnesota for the Divisional Round.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Odds on the titoons taking the bengals role of not winning playoff games for a while?

Considering there were reports that Mike Mularkey was going to be fired if they had lost and failed to make the playoffs, I wonder if a loss to the Chiefs on Saturday will lead to his firing on Sunday or Monday.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I'm a Vikings fan this playoff. Gotta keep supporting my dynasty league boys.
The Vikings and Rams are my horses for this race. Though tbh I wouldn't be disappointed to see any NFC side getting it done. I thought about putting money on the Vikings to win the whole thing at $6.50 last week and now they're down to $5.

As for the AFC, it's hard to feel like the entire batch of games this week isn't irrelevant. Whoever wins here will get their asses handed to them next week. And the Cheetahs will win the AFCCG by double-digits and probably go on to win their sixth SB (what's the bet the NFC side blows a big lead?).

Odds on the titoons taking the bengals role of not winning playoff games for a while?
My money's on the Jags. They're just not a very good team.

I'm a Vikings fan this playoff. Gotta keep supporting my dynasty league boys.
Me too ... they are my NFC team. I spent 10 years in Minneapolis and was there for their 15-1 season. I will always say that their loss to the Falcons in the NFC Championship is my most painful non-Baltimore based football loss in my lifetime.

It is a toss up whether the Bills or the Vikes have the most painful football history. Dating back to the loss in Super Bowl IV all the way to the mind-numbing missed FG by Walsh against Seattle a couple years ago, the Vikes have known nothing but heartache.

I really don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach watching the AFC Wild Card games, for obvious reasons. I haven't been able to even listen to the pregame discussions around it. Just hard to get too excited about a game that I feel we should be playing in.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Me too ... they are my NFC team. I spent 10 years in Minneapolis and was there for their 15-1 season. I will always say that their loss to the Falcons in the NFC Championship is my most painful non-Baltimore based football loss in my lifetime.

It is a toss up whether the Bills or the Vikes have the most painful football history. Dating back to the loss in Super Bowl IV all the way to the mind-numbing missed FG by Walsh against Seattle a couple years ago, the Vikes have known nothing but heartache.
Still can’t believe they never won a sb with Tarkenton. Boy was he fun to watch, but then again, look who they played in the Super Bowl.

The Bills, well they just played the NFC East 4 straight yrs and they were dominant. To bad they misssed that fg in 1990. The SB back then was the NFC Championship game.

Still can’t believe they never won a sb with Tarkenton. Boy was he fun to watch, but then again, look who they played in the Super Bowl.

The Bills, well they just played the NFC East 4 straight yrs and they were dominant. To bad they misssed that fg in 1990. The SB back then was the NFC Championship game.
Super Bowl IV was a stunner, but in light of what happened in Super Bowl III, I guess it shouldn't have been. At the time, we wrote that Colt loss off as an anomaly and still thought the AFL was totally inferior. We was wrong.

The Championship that should have been will remain that 98 season. Moss is hands down the most athletically gifted WR I've ever seen. They had the Falcons beat and had a meltdown like no other. The people of Minnesota still want to see Denny Green burned at the stake for that loss.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Super Bowl IV was a stunner, but in light of what happened in Super Bowl III, I guess it shouldn't have been. At the time, we wrote that Colt loss off as an anomaly and still thought the AFL was totally inferior. We was wrong.

The Championship that should have been will remain that 98 season. Moss is hands down the most athletically gifted WR I've ever seen. They had the Falcons beat and had a meltdown like no other. The people of Minnesota still want to see Denny Green burned at the stake for that loss.
Yeah, I remember that game. Couldn’t believe it

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Under a half hour left before the first game of Wild Card Weekend, so is it a gimme that the Chiefs walk over the Titans and win?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I really don't know if I'm going to be able to stomach watching the AFC Wild Card games, for obvious reasons. I haven't been able to even listen to the pregame discussions around it. Just hard to get too excited about a game that I feel we should be playing in.
No watching any AFC playoff games this season for that very reason.

Under a half hour left before the first game of Wild Card Weekend, so is it a gimme that the Chiefs walk over the Titans and win?
No gimmes in the playoffs. Besides the Titans beat the Chiefs last season in Arrowhead.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I put a bet on the falcons today, I have a feeling they take a slight upset
I still like the Rams, but no Zuerlein could be huge. If Ficken misses two FGAs that means they need to get an extra TD to make up the difference. Stuff like that easily adds up.

Don't really care who wins here, but I think the Chiefs get it done. Humbug.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s a shame that the Titans have mariota, if they had someone who could actually pass they’d be a good team.

Pats

Veteran
Ideally i'd like an upset full weekend, bills, titans, falcons and then favorite saints winning

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I seriously cannot see how would the Ravens beat the Chiefs had they made it to the playoffs. They are the strongest exactly where we have the most issues.