• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Mock

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Fair Warning, this is before i can see the finalized draft order after the wild card round. going off of the draft order ive seen from week 17.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold, QB, USC.
IMO he is far from the top qb prospect but the browns will fuck this up like always

2. NYG - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA.

3. Indianapolis - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn St.

4. Cleveland - Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Bama.
ridley is a very intriguing prospect here to give rosen a monstrous tandem, but they decide that if they wanna compete with pittsburgh ever, they need some pass D, plus mink is probably BPA.

5. Denver - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma.

6. NYJ - Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville.
i think jackson is being very undervalued by most, i have this feeling hes going top 10 that i just cant shake. he is the closest athlete to mike vick that we have ever seen, and he throws with velocity, touch, and pinpoint accuracy. he really needs to work on his decision making and patience, but hes got the tools like nobody else.

7. TB - Arden Key - DE, LSU.
between key and chubb, tampa will take the far inferior player simply because hes more prototypical edge rusher, spence has been average at best and doesnt appear to be getting better, and they have nothing else on the edge. key is lanky, not nearly as bursty or agile as you would like, and to me appears like an average talent, but somehow im seeing him top 10 everywhere i look.

8. Chicago - Calvin Ridley, WR, Bama.
and i cry myself to sleep.

9. SF - Quenton Nelson, G, ND.
lynch is so incredibly tempted here to continue adding to the defensive front by adding Chubb, but he decides to go with the less sexy pick but still build the trenches, make jimmy G's job easier by giving him the best OL prospect in years. better pass pro, better run game, all around win.

10. Oakland - Bradley Chubb, DE, SC.
they need help all along their defense, edge rusher especially. roquan smith is gonna get heavy consideration as well.

11. Miami - Roquan Smith, LB, GA.
BPA maybe, but a true off the ball LB on a defense that needs one. east west and north south roquan smith does it all and is gonna bring a huge boost to any defense.

12. Cincinnati - Mike McGlinchey, OT, ND.
no bigger weakness in cinci than the OL and mcglinchey is a clear value.

13. Washington - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming.
kirk is leaving, their GM isnt the smartest and will take an average qb just because they need one.

14. GB - Clelin Ferrell, EDGE, Clemson.
they desperately need edge rushers and ferrell is a bit of a sleeper, he should have a really solid rookie year as an explosive edge rusher.

15. Arizona - Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa.

16. Baltimore - Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis.
2cf399f663f4acac0d7be8b1ed296951

his film is too good, rossi motivated me to trust my board, so here i am. anthony miller is clearly the 2nd best in the class, and hes due to move up boards in the future, hes too good to continue being projected in the 2nd round. another guy whos mocked much lower but should be a great addition at 16 is mark andrews, im sold on both of them being excellent rookies and future pro bowlers. they are my 1 and 2 at 16, and i think come draft time both will be viewed as apprpriate values.

17. LAC - Vita Vea, NT, Washington.
theyre gonna need a NT to get to kareem hunt, and they gotta take their 2 best defenders and make their jobs easier to become an elite front.

18. Seattle - Billy Price, G/C, OSU.
need and value here

19. Dallas - Derwin James, S, FSU.

20. Detroit - Christian Wilkins - DL, Clemson.
i like taven bryan far better but what the hell, hes a first rounder according to every single outlet and there would be no team more likely to pick him.

21. Tennessee - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU.
similar to corey davis, this gives them multiple well rounded big bodied athletic route running WRs.

22. Buffalo - Denzel Ward, CB, OSU.

23. Atlanta - Taven Bryan, DL, Florida.
no DT in this class has a higher ceiling, he could be the next aaron donald, but could just as easily become the next nkemdiche. but they have a stacked roster and are in a place to take that high upside risk, pair him with grady jarrett and let them wreak havoc.

24. Carolina - Rashaan Evans, OLB, Bama.
its coming time to move on from both thomas davis and charles johnson, along with peppers who is ancient. heres a guy who will do a great job to fill both the 43OLB and edge rusher roles.

25. Jax - Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma.
i badly want to mock a wr or te here, but coughlin is a trenches guy, and brown is an excellent prospect, the jags have a shitty OL, cam robinson is horrid at T and needs to play G, and for christs sake they need an OL for bortles and their prized RB fournette. theyll just have to live with some shit pass catchers for a year, but a run game and defense and they can survive that.

26. Buffalo - Christian Kirk, WR, TAM.
they hold off on a qb for one more round and instead try stacking a roster first.

27. LAR - Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn.

28. NO - Da'ron Payne, DT, Bama.
damn this feels low, dunno how he slipped through the cracks but NO has a bright future on defense, they may need a SS but theyve invested a lot in safety recently and may wanna see it play out, they could use an elite TE but brees makes any catcher look good, they could use a LB but there arent great values. this is a great value, a need and goddamn would the saints be looking up with an addition like this

29. Pittsburgh - Ronnie Harrison, SS, Bama.
thorn in our sides for years to come. pairing him with sean davis would be huge, and harrison is a guy i really like but just not someone we should add. hes gonna be an enforcer in the box, and hes more rangy than i think people realize. marty better cut out the TE screen bullshit because harrisson wont allow for that.

30. Minnesota - Donte Jackson, CB LSU.
mike zimmer likes him some cbs, waynes was a bust just like i expected, when your team has very few holes, its always a good idea to add cb, pass rush, or ol depth, always.

31. Philly - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford.
perhaps the best running team in the league adds a rb, why? well, their RBs are legarette blount of jay ajayi, one is getting old and is nothing but a strong shoulder to push some yards, the other has a potentially degenerative knee problem that has to be on the eagles radar, and there isnt really a quality tackle to replace jason peters when he inevitably departs. bryce love is a breakaway threat everytime he touches the ball, and should create some big plays behind that OL, and if he shows he can catch then he will be a hell of a security blanket. another team with no holes, you can take the biggest playmaker on the board.

32. NE - Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky.
they need help badly on defense, they dont even have enough quality LBs to run a base package, josh allen is a legitimate off-the-ball LB with great size, but he has a solid pursuit, sure tackler, and is a good blitzer. hes listed as an OLB often but hes not an edge rush guy, just a true LB who can make some plays in the blitz as he disengages and penetrates well.

Ravens Round 2: Will Hernandez, G, UTEP.
hqdefault.jpg

what a big fucking ferocious beast this guy is. he SHOULD be available but its possible that hes not, this is for sure subject to change as he may even sneak into the first, but small school guard prospect, i guess ill slot him here. he would let alex lewis slide out to RT, and provide a MASSIVE boost to our run game. i do worry about his sloppy footwork on occasion, i catch his feet crossing when he moves laterally, he isnt the best in space, but he really plows some motherfuckers over coming out of his stance and is a total stonewall against interior rushers when there isnt a shitload of space for them to slip by. he should be a high level starter at LG for years to come.

Round 3: Lorenzo Carter, OLB, GA.
good_dawg.0.gif

can anyone tell me, why in the fiddling fuck is he consistently being graded and projected as a mid round pick? i mean every single outlet is putting him somewhere between rounds 3 and 4, fuck that noise, ill take him in the second if i dont have so many holes on offense. if he legitimately is available this late like every outlet says he will be, then give me this guy, draft enough edge rushers and ya gotta hit on one eventually right? this guy is explosive, instinctive, disengages extremely well for his size, great bend and flexibility, and plays with great intensity, with prototypical 34OLB tangibles.

round 3 projected comp: Darius Philips, CB, WMU.
WMU-INT.gif

another headscratcher as far as projected value goes. i have a late first round grade on this kid but hes consistently seen as a round 3 or later pick. great length and stellar athleticism, played some offense in WMU as well. loads of star power here.

Round 4: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana.
Ian+Thomas+4WrvdxfzGgxm.jpg

hometown kid with an extremely high ceiling. he has a small sample size, so its hard to gauge a lot of things, such as hands consistency, but he is a supreme athlete, just stupidly explosive. he would be a great change of pace from our typical "block and catch 2 yard passes" breed of TE.

Round 5: Jake Weineke, WR, SD St.
hqdefault.jpg

everyone is hyping goedert but forgetting this guy. he isnt the fastest, but at 6'4" and well built with sure hands he gets to that ball, he attacks it, he boxes out, he positions well, and he is savvy, with head fakes and varying levels of speed he lulls defenders to sleep and gives himself a step, he doesnt need separation to make a catch and with only 1 step and a well timed pass he can catch the ball away from his body and away from the defender. down the road he could develop some rapport with joe and end up a reliable target who makes some tough catches. in short, his sure hands and tough-to-defend catching style is something joe has done well with before and something we have NONE of atm.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know I said to trust your board lol and fair enough if miller’s in your top 16 but as much as I like him I’m not sure he’s a top 16 player for me - if we were to trade down and get him then I’d be cool with that but I’m not sure I can get behind even Anthony miller at 16

I love Hernandez though in round 2

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Your probably right that Anthony Miller will find his way into the first, but I’m not sure he’s drafted at 16. I do love him as a prospect though. Haven’t seen Will Hernandez yet. Jake Wieneke is a sleeper. Don’t think he will be available round five, but I like him a lot.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Y'all ain't talking me out of it. Going with my gut and the eye test. Anthony miller is without question(in my book) the 2nd best wr in this class, represents everything we lack and desperately need, and is gonna end up either the best or 2nd best wr in the class.

I am sold on him 100% and I don't see another player at 16 aside from Andrews who I think is a surefire impact player and especially at a position of desperate need.

If john Ross went as high as he did then Miller should go top 10, that's not how draft value works but you get the point. Miller is my guy at 16 assuming Nelson and Ridley are gone.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Y'all ain't talking me out of it. Going with my gut and the eye test. Anthony miller is without question(in my book) the 2nd best wr in this class, represents everything we lack and desperately need, and is gonna end up either the best or 2nd best wr in the class.

I am sold on him 100% and I don't see another player at 16 aside from Andrews who I think is a surefire impact player and especially at a position of desperate need.

If john Ross went as high as he did then Miller should go top 10, that's not how draft value works but you get the point. Miller is my guy at 16 assuming Nelson and Ridley are gone.
Absolutely shouldn’t allow people to talk you out of it. You should go with your gut

Good point on Ross vs Miller

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not trying to talk you out of it lol - just not personally sold on miller as a top 16 player (even though i really like him) - id be tempted at that spot to trade back with the players you had going off the board ahead of us and picking up andrews (or miller) later in the first

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
not trying to talk you out of it lol - just not personally sold on miller as a top 16 player (even though i really like him) - id be tempted at that spot to trade back with the players you had going off the board ahead of us and picking up andrews (or miller) later in the first
I would prefer that as well but I'm not a big fan of mocking trades. I've posted left and right that trading back for a qb needy team if one falls would be huge. Picking up a 2 and maybe even a 3 or 4, let us add another skill player every round we get a pick in. Like if we could add hurst/Wilson/Tate/st brown to Hernandez in the 2nd, and then add a guy like fumagalli/gesicki/Lazard in the third or 4th, that would be HUGE.

I would absolutely prefer a trade back

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would prefer that as well but I'm not a big fan of mocking trades. I've posted left and right that trading back for a qb needy team if one falls would be huge. Picking up a 2 and maybe even a 3 or 4, let us add another skill player every round we get a pick in. Like if we could add hurst/Wilson/Tate/st brown to Hernandez in the 2nd, and then add a guy like fumagalli/gesicki/Lazard in the third or 4th, that would be HUGE.

I would absolutely prefer a trade back

i have a feeling that both the bills and jags are gonna be in the market... just a hunch
saints might be looking for one if they lose tonight too

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Donte Jackson and Bryce Love in the first? That's weird man.
Bryce love has been labeled a fringe first rounder for months and I only see his value rising. Jackson could be a question but he's another fringe guy, the top DB from LSU could basically always be considered a possible first rounder lol, and with zimmer at HC and a team that has no real weaknesses I just think the best cb available could be the pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And the Bills have a couple 1st this yr

depending on the amount of buzz around the chargers taking a qb there may be teams who mark the 16th pick as a good place to trade up to - allen might fall there (although i think that's unlikely) but lamar jackson will be there and if a team falls in love with the potential and has a mandate from on high to get a qb then jackson could get drafted much higher than i would grade him

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

If Ozzie's bent on getting an offensive skill player with our 1st, I have no trouble with this.
I feel it might be Rashaan Evans at #16 though.

Big Anthony Miller fan myself. I keep seeing some people days he’s a day 2 slot prospect and I just don’t see that. The shit he’s doing in games is too good to just underrate him like that.