• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Mock

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If Ozzie's bent on getting an offensive skill player with our 1st, I have no trouble with this.
I feel it might be Rashaan Evans at #16 though.
Wouldn't be shocked, he fills 2 huge holes for us, same explanation I gave for the panthers applies to us. I just can't really see us going defense heavy again, it just doesn't make sense anymore despite how it ended this year.

And yeah we need one position more than any, that's wr, and what we need from a wr isn't height or speed or combine numbers, we need a guy who gets fucking separation and catches the ball, Anthony miller does both in spades.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Big Anthony Miller fan myself. I keep seeing some people days he’s a day 2 slot prospect and I just don’t see that. The shit he’s doing in games is too good to just underrate him like that.
Yeah I tried to talk myself out of it because no outlets seem to think he's a first rounder, but man I'm done worrying about the media, I let the media convince me that Michael Thomas was a second rounder when I had him as my top wr in his class, not doing that anymore. Anthony miller is my guy through and through. Mark Andrews is my #2

Yeah I tried to talk myself out of it because no outlets seem to think he's a first rounder, but man I'm done worrying about the media, I let the media convince me that Michael Thomas was a second rounder when I had him as my top wr in his class, not doing that anymore. Anthony miller is my guy through and through. Mark Andrews is my #2
Yeah Idk how he doesn’t get more respect. Despite his size he makes all the plays. His body control and ability to win in the endzone is reason alone to draft him in the first. Plus his hands are legit.

Btw Walter Football has us taking a running back because Alex Collins is average so fuck the media.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah Idk how he doesn’t get more respect. Despite his size he makes all the plays. His body control and ability to win in the endzone is reason alone to draft him in the first. Plus his hands are legit.

Btw Walter Football has us taking a running back because Alex Collins is average so fuck the media.
Why even go to Walter footballs mocks. I only check Pauline’s rumors

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Who cares what people think. Miller passes the eye test for sure and I think a trade back of 4-6 spots and taking him would be perfect. His hands are solid, he's dynamic in the open field, and simply put, he wins (specifically in the end zone) which is not something we can say for many WR's that we've drafted.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure id pass on Derwin James for Anthony Miller. I just dont see the value in that. James is a much more sure thing if a prospect and has more upside. I like Miller a lot but i cant take him at 16

I love Darius Phillips. Kid has a knack for the football and when he gets it hes looking to score every time. I love his potential. Also covers really well, especially in off man and zone.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure id pass on Derwin James for Anthony Miller. I just dont see the value in that. James is a much more sure thing if a prospect and has more upside. I like Miller a lot but i cant take him at 16

I love Darius Phillips. Kid has a knack for the football and when he gets it hes looking to score every time. I love his potential. Also covers really well, especially in off man and zone.
Why can't you take him at 16? Why is James a more sure thing? Why does he have higher upside? I just don't see any of that, and when watching film I just don't see too many prospects I'd rather have than Miller, the guy is Stellar on film. He has a very strong route game and hasn't shown a single weakness in that department, very explosive, great hands and positions his body well and attack the ball well, catches the ball on the rare occasion that he's covered, aside from Quenton Nelson he probably plays with the most "alpha" mentality, hes only 5'11" but he's pretty big for that height and plays bigger, he's a worker, he's fiery and competitive as hell, he's smart and savvy, I just think when it comes to a guy like Miller people read too much into "the board" and by that I mean the media consensus. If we need a wr badly, and specifically a guy who can run the routes and gain separation and won't come in here and slack and not work and drop the ball and not develop, then why pass on a guy who won't do any of that?

If you can give me a good solid reason as to why Miller isn't worthy of a 16th pick then I'm all ears, but I'm trusting what I see on film. If I'm ozzie and know we badly need a guy in the exact mold of Miller, I'm not passing on him, his film shows a guy worthy of that pick and nobody else has impressed me nearly as much.

The Greek

Veteran
Wouldn't be shocked, he fills 2 huge holes for us, same explanation I gave for the panthers applies to us. I just can't really see us going defense heavy again, it just doesn't make sense anymore despite how it ended this year.

And yeah we need one position more than any, that's wr, and what we need from a wr isn't height or speed or combine numbers, we need a guy who gets fucking separation and catches the ball, Anthony miller does both in spades.
with the way weddle and jefferson played plus weddle being i believe 33? would not surprise me if ozcosta drafted a safety if one is the bpa at 16.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
with the way weddle and jefferson played plus weddle being i believe 33? would not surprise me if ozcosta drafted a safety if one is the bpa at 16.
Wouldn't surprise me either but Harrison, as much as I like him, would be a mistake at 16, and I'd take plenty of players over james

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Okay okay. So I haven’t gotten around to watching this draft class yet, and after seeing the hype @JoeyFlex5 has for Anthony Miller I had to check him out.
A couple things popped out-
-He’s quick and twitchy as fuck. I love it.
-He looks like he has great hands. I just want someone who knows how to catch. Please.
-His routes look very clean and he’s so twitchy and quick with his feet at the snap, it’s fun to watch.
-He looks like a great after the catch guy.
-Okay I could compliment him more, but it’ll be easier to point out his flaws....wait, what are they? I’m legit wondering why he’s a 2nd rounder? What is he missing? Is it solely because he’s 5’11?? Because that’s bull shit. He’s what, an inch and a half shorter than Ridley? Who cares. Is it because he doesn’t have blazing speed? He’s so fuckin quick he doesn’t need to be that fast. We have enough “fast” guys anyway. Someone please tell me the knock on this guy because I’m genuinely curious as to why he isn’t a first rounder. He sure looks the part. I still personally favor the big bodied receivers, especially for Joe, but I’d so be down to pick up Miller in the draft. Just a solid receiver who can run good routes and catch the damn ball.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Okay okay. So I haven’t gotten around to watching this draft class yet, and after seeing the hype @JoeyFlex5 has for Anthony Miller I had to check him out.
A couple things popped out-
-He’s quick and twitchy as fuck. I love it.
-He looks like he has great hands. I just want someone who knows how to catch. Please.
-His routes look very clean and he’s so twitchy and quick with his feet at the snap, it’s fun to watch.
-He looks like a great after the catch guy.
-Okay I could compliment him more, but it’ll be easier to point out his flaws....wait, what are they? I’m legit wondering why he’s a 2nd rounder? What is he missing? Is it solely because he’s 5’11?? Because that’s bull shit. He’s what, an inch and a half shorter than Ridley? Who cares. Is it because he doesn’t have blazing speed? He’s so fuckin quick he doesn’t need to be that fast. We have enough “fast” guys anyway. Someone please tell me the knock on this guy because I’m genuinely curious as to why he isn’t a first rounder. He sure looks the part. I still personally favor the big bodied receivers, especially for Joe, but I’d so be down to pick up Miller in the draft. Just a solid receiver who can run good routes and catch the damn ball.
That's what I'm saying. I have a hard time believing that anyone who thinks he's a second rounder simply isn't watching

UKRaven

Practice Squad
Hi all,

Long time Raven fan from England and after reading these forums for a long time (including the old one before it closed) decided today to sign up. With the college football being limited over here I love these discussions as I start watching tape on a lot of players (mid and late rounds especially) that I wouldn't have.

Anyway, with my first post joining this chat I have to say after JoeyFlex5 was really loving the guy I watched Anthony Miller and sign me up! This kid is exactly the type of WR we need, amazed he hasn't got the hype some of the others have got and would love to see him as a Raven