• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

End of Season Mock

The Greek

Veteran
i could less who or when they draft a player as long as the 1st and 2nd rd pick make an immediate impact. ozcosta usually do a pretty good job with the mid round picks but they must do a better job with the early picks. stanley and humph look like winners so i hope they keep up that trend. i still do not trust them to draft wr's early so i hope they are aggressive in free agency or make the big trade like they did with boldin. i do like wr dj moore in the 3rd rd if available. many mocks i have seen have him going 3rd or 4th round but it would not surprise me if he is taken in the 2nd

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hi all,

Long time Raven fan from England and after reading these forums for a long time (including the old one before it closed) decided today to sign up. With the college football being limited over here I love these discussions as I start watching tape on a lot of players (mid and late rounds especially) that I wouldn't have.

Anyway, with my first post joining this chat I have to say after JoeyFlex5 was really loving the guy I watched Anthony Miller and sign me up! This kid is exactly the type of WR we need, amazed he hasn't got the hype some of the others have got and would love to see him as a Raven
Glad to have you! And yeah man Miller is exactly the kind of wr we need. Eerily similar to Steve smith in so many ways and I've even heard college commentators say the same thing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i could less who or when they draft a player as long as the 1st and 2nd rd pick make an immediate impact. ozcosta usually do a pretty good job with the mid round picks but they must do a better job with the early picks. stanley and humph look like winners so i hope they keep up that trend. i still do not trust them to draft wr's early so i hope they are aggressive in free agency or make the big trade like they did with boldin. i do like wr dj moore in the 3rd rd if available. many mocks i have seen have him going 3rd or 4th round but it would not surprise me if he is taken in the 2nd
It's not that any wr we draft is doomed to fail, it's that we draft WRs with massive question marks. Perriman had first round upside but also had huge bust potential, and we just didn't luck out and get his upside.

Miller though? Where are the question marks? I see none. I don't envision him going to ANY team and being anything less than very solid. Say he goes to a place like NE or NO or the rams, he's probably a 100 catch per year guy. I mean what does he not do at an extremely high level?

The Greek

Veteran
It's not that any wr we draft is doomed to fail, it's that we draft WRs with massive question marks. Perriman had first round upside but also had huge bust potential, and we just didn't luck out and get his upside.

Miller though? Where are the question marks? I see none. I don't envision him going to ANY team and being anything less than very solid. Say he goes to a place like NE or NO or the rams, he's probably a 100 catch per year guy. I mean what does he not do at an extremely high level?
i agree miller is a beast but as soon as ozcosta drafts him the wr jinx will get him. hehehe

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hi all,

Long time Raven fan from England and after reading these forums for a long time (including the old one before it closed) decided today to sign up. With the college football being limited over here I love these discussions as I start watching tape on a lot of players (mid and late rounds especially) that I wouldn't have.

Anyway, with my first post joining this chat I have to say after JoeyFlex5 was really loving the guy I watched Anthony Miller and sign me up! This kid is exactly the type of WR we need, amazed he hasn't got the hype some of the others have got and would love to see him as a Raven

hey dude, welcome aboard - i personally have bt so i get most of the major CFB games through that (obviously not when theres no football on lol) - that's the only way i can watch those games - its crazy but i have better access to college football games than i do ravens games lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Hi all,

Welcome to the boards. I do believe Miller will go in the first and he will start getting hype sometime around the combine in February.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Hi all,

Welcome here man! Don't hesitate to give your opinion around the draft threads.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Cheers for the welcome guys! Look forward to the draft debate over the next few months
Debate? I don't think so.
41HSxyJcK3L.jpg

The Greek

Veteran
have not had a chance to follow much college football this season but a name i hear about a lot is roquan smith. is he strong in coverage? can he cover te's because that is what we need

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
have not had a chance to follow much college football this season but a name i hear about a lot is roquan smith. is he strong in coverage? can he cover te's because that is what we need
i might be biased cause ive really liked him last 2 seasons but he looks like a 6"1 bobby wagner

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Great mock! At first I was concerned about Millers age. But I realized it isn't that important. unlike Kevin white he doesn't win his match-ups because he's more physical and stronger. You will not beat NFL cbs like freshmen cbs. What do you guys think of Miller's and/or Ridley's age?
Carter and T.Williams can grow into that Upshaw/Dumervile tandem. I like this pick a lot.
Ian Thomas is that athletic slot TE and we finally get something out of those numerous TE screens.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yes, if we got him we would have traded up or he fell big time

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Not sure if this has been talked about but I was looking at a CBS mock which had us getting Minkah Fitzpatrick and I told him I was happy with that pick with Weddle aging as well as Jimmy Smith being an injury waiting to happen. He bashed me for the team not using their first pick on offense. But would you all agree or disagree Fitzpatrick would be worth going defense again?