• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Ugly - Steelers Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can we ban this fool? He only showed up for the Bears game and has trolled ever since
@29BmoreBird22 isn't a troll. He hasn't been active much lately, but has been an active member and a very good one in the past, plus a mod. He's also still listed as one. He won't be banned.

oops, think you meant Bear or whatever his name is.

Last edited:
Lamar tries too much to over compensate when he doesn't need to. That's where his interceptions come from, he throws them when he tries too hard to make something happen. We aren't coaching him properly to take what the defense gives you, take the simple check down if you have to. We had guys open in the middle of the field that he cold have thrown to for easy firsts. Throw the ball away if there is nothing there, that's where his sacks come from. He stands in the pocket and thinks he has all day to throw. Our coaching staff just isn't coaching him to take what the defense gives you.

As for the coaches, is our schemes too complicated for the players to understand? Too many miscommunications on defense that give up big plays. On that Dionte TD, our own guy blocked his teammate for some odd reason like he didn't understand where he was supposed to be. Offensively, either Roman calls out really long drawn out plays which take forever to communicate to Lamar leaving us barely anytime on the play clock. It's quite clear that Lamar is saving Roman's job, if Lamar didn't play the way he did we would have fired Roman a long time ago. Slow starts every damn week, that's on the OC for terrible play calls.

As for players, this is Flacco era type of drops every week with this team now. You know how different Flacco would be seen if some drops actually were caught? Well Lamar is going through that same thing, and at the worst possible times. Players just aren't executing at all for some reason and I can't figure it out.
I mean, I also see plenty of plays where Lamar throws short of the sticks, and Romo even pointed out a few cases where he went through every read and hit the checkdown quickly. I agree he tries to play hero ball at times with the big throws or running around for far too long in a muddy pocket. I wonder if that comes from frustration with constant pressure in his face, but either way he has to get a handle on it for sure.

As for the miscommunications in the secondary, half of them are still wearing their nametags from orientation.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If that’s true it’s shit play design. You can’t intentionally leave a guy unblocked on the same side you want to throw to
you realize romans scheme has been so effective because it leaves elite edge defenders unblocked and still removes them from the play right?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
you realize romans scheme has been so effective because it leaves elite edge defenders unblocked and still removes them from the play right?

Bingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I dug deep in my closet and found my cleats. I'm going to drive out to Baltimore tomorrow for a tryout. They need help...

EF34DEC3-B19F-455A-BAA1-9DB70A67412D.JPEG

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Its not just us with a brutal remaining schedule, but so does the rest of our division. Just looking at the remaining schedules.... it's going to come down to the final week.

Ravens: @ Browns, Packers, @ Bengals, Rams, Steelers
Bengals: 49ers, @ Broncos, Ravens, Chiefs, @ Browns
Steelers: @ Vikings, Titans, @ Chiefs, Browns, Ravens
Browns: Ravens, Raiders, @ Packers, @ Steelers, Bengals

Tank

Hall of Famer
Tirico says they are going to break down the final play of the Ravens game at half time and discuss why it worked, but didn’t work. forks in the eyeballs.