• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Grit, The "C" Team and The Endless Bloody Injuries

Harbs has to have someone find all the data on that play and then sit down with Roman and tell him it's off limits if it is truly as bad as we all seem to remember it being
I mean to me it’s literally a stupid call. Why wouldn’t you want Huntley to have a run option there? By rolling right the whole frickin defense is moving that way.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean to me it’s literally a stupid call. Why wouldn’t you want Huntley to have a run option there? By rolling right the whole frickin defense is moving that way.

I hear you, but if it was effective more often than not so be it. It's just I don't think it is

Simba

Staff Member
Also in regards to the play call... I like Huntley but he doesn't have the arm strength. Why you'd have a guy that can't drive the ball to the outside with much velocity do that is beyond me...

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

i guess this is the come up from winning all those tight games early in the season

3 losses, by a combined 4pts? Wow! That stat gets overshadowed by the 3 losses themselves.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I thought Geno did pretty ok in his first start - really telling that i was never really worried about him all game

and Brandon Stephens continued to flash signs of what we hope his future might look like - that break on the crosser to get the PD was awesome
Think we let Joker walk and start Stephens next year?

I tell you what it was a hell of a game tonight. Couldn’t be more proud of the way this team refuses to quit. Special shout-out to Andrews and Huntley on offense. Andrews had 10 catches for 136 yards, 2 TD’s. Huntley was 28 for 40 for 215 yds., 2 TD’s. He also rushed for 73 yards and 2 TD’s.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I didn’t know Elon’s son played for the Ravens

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Don't get me wrong, I love the fight this team puts up but too many coaching mistakes have cost this team. Do we need a better QB coach to teach Lamar & Huntley to throw to a wide open receiver? Too many times we have had wide open guys and our QBs are stuck in these one dimensional team that becomes too predictable. Every knew the rollout was going to Andrews so take advantage of that and throw the damn ball to Hollywood for two.

That's why we need an OC who can unlock the passing game, imagine being able to take advantage of defenses focusing on one guy leaving someone else wide open, that's what we can become but Greg Roman is holding this offense back. At some point, Tucker being automatic overrides anything a stupid computer tells you. If the defense was playing bad, fine. Yet the defense still did it's job when it mattered most, TRUST THEM and let them attempt to get the game to OT. Anything can happen, their special teams sucks so anything could have happened on the Kickoff.

Don't get me wrong, I love the fight this team puts up but too many coaching mistakes have cost this team. Do we need a better QB coach to teach Lamar & Huntley to throw to a wide open receiver? Too many times we have had wide open guys and our QBs are stuck in these one dimensional team that becomes too predictable. Every knew the rollout was going to Andrews so take advantage of that and throw the damn ball to Hollywood for two.

That's why we need an OC who can unlock the passing game, imagine being able to take advantage of defenses focusing on one guy leaving someone else wide open, that's what we can become but Greg Roman is holding this offense back. At some point, Tucker being automatic overrides anything a stupid computer tells you. If the defense was playing bad, fine. Yet the defense still did it's job when it mattered most, TRUST THEM and let them attempt to get the game to OT. Anything can happen, their special teams sucks so anything could have happened on the Kickoff.
Why do you find an option that you describe as "anything can happen" and the possibility that Green Bay might mess up the kickoff more appealing than giving the ball to our offense with a chance to score from the 2 yard line? Even the way you describe it makes it sound like throwing up our hands and wishing for a miracle.

Also had a good chuckle at the "stupid computer" comment. You don't think they're going for two because they're worried Tucker might miss do you..?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Didn't we say this with the Chiefs? No way Mahomes doesn't get a game winning situation? Yet we stopped the Chiefs on a 4th down. Anything could have happened, too bad we won't know because Harbs is too obsessed with terrible analytics.
Bruh we won that game by going for it on fourth down and converting to ice the game

If I see a rollout to the right in a crucial goal line situation again during Greg Roman's tenure then I will officially be aboard the fire him train. That play is hereby banned and struck from the playbook.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Did David sharpe do much better than tyre? I’m pretty sure Cleveland looks like a gigantic upgrade over powers, but Sharpe appeared to really solidify the right side because tyre has been a fucking embarrassment and he was horrible tonight as well

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I believe it was the right call to go for two to win the game. The Steelers game it was the right play call, but this week was the wrong play call.

We had the opportunity to take charge and win the game rather than leave it to chance and allow the Packers or the Steelers to win the toss and march down the field and win the game, which would most likely have happened in both games, especially this week with Aaron Rodgers.

I'm really proud of this team and the coaching staff.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You’re not wrong lol. But at this point I trust coin flip odds over 2pt conversion odds with these bad playcalls.
The Steelers game it was the right playcall, this week was a bad playcall but I still agree that we should have gone for 2 rather than put the ball in Arods hands if they. win the coin toss.