• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Stock thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
a place to discuss where some players stocks currently lie, risers and fallers, what's realistic etc.

I'll start by asking where you all think mark Andrews stock currently sits? First round talent for sure, but will he go in the first? I'd be ok with him at 16, I think he probably will go in the first, but being a TE he could be taken very late in the first.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Re Andrews - probably goes day one due to overall weak class, regardless of the fact that TE group looks above average.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Ian Thomas with a good combine is gonna be a riser..

Hayden Hurst with a mediocre combine is going to fall to the mid rounds

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

Can't wait to see what Thomas looks like at the Senior Bowl. One of those real hard evaluations that you want to replace into correct context before having an opinion

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Agree on both. Thomas is a freak athlete but there isn't enough film on him, I can't gauge his hands. I've soured on hurst big time. At first I thought he was a freak athlete but honestly he is a carbon copy of Crockett gillmore. He's a big lumbering oaf who's hard to tackle, but then again Crockett had a very high ceiling but couldn't stay healthy and couldn't catch contested balls enough, hurst seems to have better hands

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Agree on both. Thomas is a freak athlete but there isn't enough film on him, I can't gauge his hands. I've soured on hurst big time. At first I thought he was a freak athlete but honestly he is a carbon copy of Crockett gillmore. He's a big lumbering oaf who's hard to tackle, but then again Crockett had a very high ceiling but couldn't stay healthy and couldn't catch contested balls enough, hurst seems to have better hands
Hurst is a very good athlete. And is much better in contested situations.. Problem is.. He's 24 going on 25. He's gonna be a very old rookie. Sure. TE's are players who age well, but he's gonna hit his prime in 2-3 years and his prime will last shorter longer than relative. Lack of production is also a problem but South Carolina wasn't great overall in that department.

I like him but he's not perfect. Athleticially he's probably better than even Andrews, who's very good. Not nearly the same kind of polish though

Sooky

Pro Bowler
This is my bold prediction. Roquan Smith falls far. I really do think he is highly overrated and the way he plays is really going to rub scouts the wrong way when watching film. I think he is that early top 10 guy on everyone's mocks that will fall to later than 20.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
This is my bold prediction. Roquan Smith falls far. I really do think he is highly overrated and the way he plays is really going to rub scouts the wrong way when watching film. I think he is that early top 10 guy on everyone's mocks that will fall to later than 20.
Other than not having ideal size what deficiencies do you see in Smith? I saw Georgia play several times last season and Smith was very impressive to me. He reads and reacts very well, making plays from sideline to sideline. What am I missing?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Other than not having ideal size what deficiencies do you see in Smith? I saw Georgia play several times last season and Smith was very impressive to me. He reads and reacts very well, making plays from sideline to sideline. What am I missing?
Nothing - like Smith does with tackles.