• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Stock thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't see that, I mean he's not overly clunky, not to the point that I'd worry. I've seen some horrendous play from williams, he ha bad mental lapses and isn't very technically sound
No bes not but his 2016 film speaks for itself. I wouldnt argue against Brown over Williams. Im not necessarily high on either. I think the top of this tackle class is kinda weak tbh. The only guy i wouldnt be too disapointed in is Mcglinchey

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I wouldn't call Brown a better prospect than Williams. I think he's obviously more appealing with his physical tools and his strength, but Williams looks like a more balanced, technically advanced prospect. TBH it's pretty close between the top3 and each offers a great upgrade to our offense. I'd be happy with either.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Wynns stock is about to shoot through the moon if it hasn’t started to do so already.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Don’t worry it’s already started - I imagine he ends up being the 2nd interior oline off the board if he’s not there already on many media boards
I thought he was ranked high to begin with. He is so versatile that teams will be hard pressed to leave him on the board.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
really? i got the impression at times when i checked in just before bowl season that he was initially thought of as a late round 2/round 3 prospect
Maybe he was, I don't know - haven't followed much of the usual mock suspects. Just going of what I thought watching him play.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
really? i got the impression at times when i checked in just before bowl season that he was initially thought of as a late round 2/round 3 prospect
I've always seen him in the early to mid second but he's quickly gotten into first round talks where he belongs

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I've always seen him in the early to mid second but he's quickly gotten into first round talks where he belongs
He's not going first round though. Every year there's some hype around OG prospects and it doesn't amount to anything. Feeney, Elflein were supposed to be borderline first rounders, and Lamp was a top 15 player. Just saying, Wynn is really good, but don't buy too much into his stock. I say he goes around where Dion Dawkins were (although he's a better prospect than Dawkins was).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He's not going first round though. Every year there's some hype around OG prospects and it doesn't amount to anything. Feeney, Elflein were supposed to be borderline first rounders, and Lamp was a top 15 player. Just saying, Wynn is really good, but don't buy too much into his stock. I say he goes around where Dion Dawkins were (although he's a better prospect than Dawkins was).
Good point, I'm one to buy into the media hype when they start talking about guys I like. I was big on Dawkins so I started buying in, doing the same with wynn lol.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Good point, I'm one to buy into the media hype when they start talking about guys I like. I was big on Dawkins so I started buying in, doing the same with wynn lol.
To be precise he deserves to go first round, he's a special prospect imo, teams are just going to let the value of the position influence their decision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think its slightly different this time around - part of the reason feeney, lamp and elflein were all dubbed first rounders was because the overall class was so week at oline that all the media kind of bumped up oline mock projections a bit...

that being said its not unprecedented for someone like wynn to fall - i could still see a situation a la scherff where a team decides they hope he can play tackle for them (but he ends up playing guard) but they draft him like a tackle in a higher spot...

that said id be fine with him falling all the way to our 2nd round pick if you're right

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
i think its slightly different this time around - part of the reason feeney, lamp and elflein were all dubbed first rounders was because the overall class was so week at oline that all the media kind of bumped up oline mock projections a bit...

that being said its not unprecedented for someone like wynn to fall - i could still see a situation a la scherff where a team decides they hope he can play tackle for them (but he ends up playing guard) but they draft him like a tackle in a higher spot...

that said id be fine with him falling all the way to our 2nd round pick if you're right
I get what you're saying, but on the other hand if you think Wynn is a Tackle you're pretty desperate, he's 6'2... (When I say "you" I use it as a general term, not aimed at you rossi)

His body just screams guard and you're drafting him to play that position. What's more, this class has a lot of OT talent to offer, you don't need to experiment some solutions, just draft an OT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get what you're saying, but on the other hand if you think Wynn is a Tackle you're pretty desperate, he's 6'2... (When I say "you" I use it as a general term, not aimed at you rossi)

His body just screams guard and you're drafting him to play that position. What's more, this class has a lot of OT talent to offer, you don't need to experiment some solutions, just draft an OT.

oh i agree completely - i just cant help but think a team will be stupid enough to sell themselves on his versatility and end up lucking into a guard who was worth the spot they took him in

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
oh i agree completely - i just cant help but think a team will be stupid enough to sell themselves on his versatility and end up lucking into a guard who was worth the spot they took him in
GMs or HC who believe it works like that shouldn't have a job. It's literally as hard to find quality OG as it is to find quality OT. If you have a Pro Bowl caliber player at one spot, why the fuck can't you appreciate it?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
GMs or HC who believe it works like that shouldn't have a job. It's literally as hard to find quality OG as it is to find quality OT. If you have a Pro Bowl caliber player at one spot, why the fuck can't you appreciate it?

yeah - and as an organisation we've been lucky enough over the last few years to see how much interior linemen can elevate the tackles outside them - KO and Yanda absolutely made the players around them so much better just by how good they were

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Since interior linemen fall every year, it'd be great if we managed to get someone like Wynn, Price, or Hernandez in the second round, while using the first on offensive talent or a top end front 7 guy.