• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Stock thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
St. Brown will start to get a lot more run.
I could definitely see st brown sneaking up into the first. I expect a really impressive 40 time from him and teams will fall in love with him.

I can't shake the feeling that st brown is gonna be pretty good. Not great or elite but good, and regardless of what system he's in or what qb is throwing to him, he looks like a qb friendly receiver, gets open often on basically any route and can catch poorly thrown passes with his wingspan and good adjustment.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i think baker and rosen are already set. I know for darnold, his stock could improve with a good performance

darnold and rosen are ineligible for the senior bowl

the qb roster is:

josh allen
baker mayfield
mason rudolph
luke falk
kurt benkert
kyle lauletta
brandon silvers
mike white

im only really interested in the first 5 names on that list - i think mayfield' stock is pretty set but given the broncos request for mayfield to be on their team i can see his stock rocketing with a good set of practices and a good game, allen could assuage any serious doubts about him with a good performance and ease some of the nervousness in organisations tempted to take him high - he and mayfield are essentially gonna be competing to see which of the 2 of them is in the top 3 qbs to go - the loser is nailed on to go 4th

mason rudolph, luke falk and kurt benkert - rudolph im gonna be watching carefully to see if he justifies a day 2 pick but i sense that i wont be pleased, falk i think has gone a little under the radar but itll be interesting to watch him throw at the senior bowl and benkert is seriously under the radar and ran a pro-style offence - with him as a potential developmental starter level qb i really want to see his arm strength on outside throws because i know he can play with great accuracy when he's on

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I could definitely see st brown sneaking up into the first. I expect a really impressive 40 time from him and teams will fall in love with him.

I can't shake the feeling that st brown is gonna be pretty good. Not great or elite but good, and regardless of what system he's in or what qb is throwing to him, he looks like a qb friendly receiver, gets open often on basically any route and can catch poorly thrown passes with his wingspan and good adjustment.
I swear if we draft St Brown in the first I'll drink bleach and eat soap until I cry blood. Even in the second I'd be angry.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
St. Brown will start to get a lot more run.
I agree, he’s going to get some hype as will Miller.

I’m not sure if anyone else said this, but I believe Luke Falk will get some media play and start to climb the boards also.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Guess this is a good spot To post big boards. So here's a rough version of my board for the ravens.

1. Saquon Barkley
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Josh Rosen
4. Calvin Ridley
5. Quenton Nelson
6. Bradley Chubb
7. Roquan smith
8. Mike mcglinchey
9. Mark Andrews
10. Anthony miller
11. Rahsaan Evans
12. Orlando brown
13. Dallas goedert
14. Courtland Sutton
15. Baker mayfield
16. Sam darnold

This is a VERY roughy draft, plenty of prospects I haven't watched yet like a lot of DBs, still haven't seen josh Jackson, still haven't seen a lot of OL or DL. Had to sneak both qbs at the end there because if either are available then I think they need big consideration.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Guess this is a good spot To post big boards. So here's a rough version of my board for the ravens.

1. Saquon Barkley
2. Minkah Fitzpatrick
3. Josh Rosen
4. Calvin Ridley
5. Quenton Nelson
6. Bradley Chubb
7. Roquan smith
8. Mike mcglinchey
9. Mark Andrews
10. Anthony miller
11. Rahsaan Evans
12. Orlando brown
13. Dallas goedert
14. Courtland Sutton
15. Baker mayfield
16. Sam darnold

This is a VERY roughy draft, plenty of prospects I haven't watched yet like a lot of DBs, still haven't seen josh Jackson, still haven't seen a lot of OL or DL. Had to sneak both qbs at the end there because if either are available then I think they need big consideration.
Mark Andrews as the 9th best overall player? 2 TEs in the top 15? If we valued TEs that high we wouldve taken Oj Howard last year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mark Andrews as the 9th best overall player? 2 TEs in the top 15? If we valued TEs that high we wouldve taken Oj Howard last year
Like I said, very rough draft, I'm not including players I haven't watched film on, that's how I ended up with Jalen tabor in my top 20 last year, because I didn't watch his film and followed the hype train lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Like I said, very rough draft, I'm not including players I haven't watched film on, that's how I ended up with Jalen tabor in my top 20 last year, because I didn't watch his film and followed the hype train lol
You do mean you had Tabor in the top 20 early on and then dropped him later on, right.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I swear if we draft St Brown in the first I'll drink bleach and eat soap until I cry blood. Even in the second I'd be angry.
I don't get your hate for him.

I mean I wouldn't take him in the first, but at our second round pick I think he's a solid value.

I think at worst he's gonna be a dependable target for key situations who can occasionally make a huge play.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I mean I wouldn't take him in the first, but at our second round pick I think he's a solid value.

I think at worst he's gonna be a dependable target for key situations who can occasionally make a huge play.
Basically, he can be a more reliable Torrey Smith.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

I've already said everything there is to say about that. He's tall but he doesn't use his size, corners are going to control him at the line, and while his hands are OK, he won't catch any contested situation and literally all his catches have been against zone or off coverage. He can run good routes but he is still a project, and everyone keeps saying we don't need that, so if you want to keep away from projects don't draft St Brown.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I've already said everything there is to say about that. He's tall but he doesn't use his size, corners are going to control him at the line, and while his hands are OK, he won't catch any contested situation and literally all his catches have been against zone or off coverage. He can run good routes but he is still a project, and everyone keeps saying we don't need that, so if you want to keep away from projects don't draft St Brown.
I'm not calling him dependable because of jumpballs or anything, I'm calling him dependable because he runs quality routes with very good(not elite) speed and quickness with good hands and a big wingspan so if a ball is poorly thrown on a crossing route(which is inevitable for joe) he can bring those in.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Basically, he can be a more reliable Torrey Smith.

He’d be a very good 2nd round pick, depending on who was available. Agree with both of your points.