• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Bengals, The 3rd Team and The When Will The Injuries End?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed. Roll with them and see what you got. Supplement with a vet on the minimum/PS each year and I'm comfortable with that unit for the foreseeable future.

added benefit that those WR 3-5 all have some value on special teams (proche more in backup terms though)

but yeah find a seth roberts type or someone like that each year and maybe they provide value or maybe they just provide a little veteran experience to the room but that rounds out your unit

and maybe you keep drafting guys on day 3 to supplement also if there's someone you like (just like with wallace this year)

Simba

Staff Member
added benefit that those WR 3-5 all have some value on special teams (proche more in backup terms though)

but yeah find a seth roberts type or someone like that each year and maybe they provide value or maybe they just provide a little veteran experience to the room but that rounds out your unit

and maybe you keep drafting guys on day 3 to supplement also if there's someone you like (just like with wallace this year)

Even allows you to roll with Boykin for the last year of his deal if they still believe he's a quality STer. But you can easily stick a Seth Roberts or now even a Willie Snead type of guy on the PS and use him as needed. The time for vet placeholders is gone now. Brown and Bateman can be quality starters and the other 3 can all rotate in based on the situation.

Just a side note on Proche... even beyond the number, that guy reminds me of Kamar Aiken out there. Never great but always good enough to play when you need him.

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
Johnson was scout team QB so that's why he trusted Proche.
Idk if we re-sign Hollywood but thats something EDC has to decide in early 2023. All i know is Hollywood's the best WR we've drafted. Bateman played a couple of games and you already think he is clearly superior? Duvernay is not even close when it comes to route running.
Yes hollywoods not the biggest WR and may not always fight for every yard. But other than that he's really good and i second redrum52.

Bateman is taller, arms longer with which his catch radius is greater (see last week's play where he converted an interception into a 1 and 10), and he has better hands.
Regarding Proche and Duvernay they are the Steve Smith mold, fighters, good hands, reasonable speed.
Wallace looked the same, in addition to being able to play on special teams.
Maybe if Marquise leaves I will miss him, but he doesn't seem irreplaceable in our offensive.
in fact, only Andrews is irreplaceable today

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
may have Huntley. back from Covid or even Lamar able to go. However at this point, I'm ok if we miss the playoffs. Yes, I'd rather us make it, but I'm ok with the miss.
If we make it. We are one and done . I’d be shocked if we won a single playoff game with our injuries.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, if there's one bright side to all of this at least we got blown out by a good team. Could be like the Chargers and get blown out by the Texans.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
THANK YOU! If it was the other way around, you KNOW we'd be chilling and celebrating in the game day thread.

We all defended Harbs pettiness to keep the rushing streak going and no one said a word when Wink was mad they kicked a fg to avoid the shutout. We've been mopping them for seasons and can't be mad when the rabbit has the gun.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You’re comparing rushing for like 3 yards to throwing 50 yard bombs with 3 minutes to go up by like 20?

It's the same concept in the grand scheme. Neither were necessary but it's not that teams job to worry about their comps feelings. Don't like it then stop it. And as Harbaugh did there's no 16? point play. We could've just kneeled.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You’re comparing rushing for like 3 yards to throwing 50 yard bombs with 3 minutes to go up by like 20?
I am because if the Ravens had a free rush and had open grass, I don't think they stop before scoring. Could be wrong, but I digress.

I have the same mentality now as I did then- if you're unhappy, stop them.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
We all defended Harbs pettiness to keep the rushing streak going and no one said a word when Wink was mad they kicked a fg to avoid the shutout. We've been mopping them for seasons and can't be mad when the rabbit has the gun.
I remember Wink being so mad.

The NFL is funky to me with the unwritten rules.

Simba

Staff Member
I've always been in the "if you don't like it, stop it" camp. We couldn't stop it. We deserved it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I don't understand why people are mad that the Bengals kept scoring. Have you all not been paying attention to our season? The last thing any team wants to do against us is let up and take their foot off the pedal. Don't give us any chance of a 4th quarter comeback, just saying.